Sign in to follow this  
uaf

Truly Ark 2.0 (Crashes and servers full included)

18 minutes ago, Francis_Drake said:

The worse for me is the fact the devs/ community support are not even making us aware on time scales etc of when we can actually join a server? 

since the countdown timer delay and yesterday they have actually been communicating ALOT.join their discord,twitter,facebook,follow jat etc etc.lets not turn this in to 4 years of ARK whining again people.i gave them flak constantly during ARK but that was of years of playing.this is barely live and people are kicking off.it's just too early to be salty,yes the delays and the lack of communication at the beginning made me salty but i  came in to this knowing it's going to be  a pain broken etc because,well its a demo,a work in progress.also it's £19,if it was £60 i wouldn't of commited to it(not that £60 is a lot,just out of principle).take a deep break and thats coming from someone who's salty 80% of the time....

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

This is a situation that, given the scale and size of how much people looked forward to this, just could not properly be accounted for. Did we account for mass purchases of the game when it's made available? Yes we did, yet steam still got all wonky. Did we account for tons of players from all over the world trying to join in the moment the servers go up? You bet. Yet even then actuality still vastly exceeded our already sizeable preparations. It's just one of those situations where you plan big, then plan bigger than your big plan, but your plans still don't size up to the situation at hand.

Eli do you have an little update please? Even an timeframe?

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

This is a situation that, given the scale and size of how much people looked forward to this, just could not properly be accounted for. 

How could it not be accounted for?

This is an issue in Ark with less players, and has been for almost four years. It was completely and totally, 100% with absolutely no possible excuses, predictable that it would happen here. There is not unexpected. 

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

It's just one of those situations where you plan big, then plan bigger than your big plan, but your plans still don't size up to the situation at hand.

Then how come this exact issue has happened, every single time you guys (Studio Wildcard) has ever launched any major content patch for Ark for four years? How come no other gaming studios have *nearly* the issues Wildcard does? Why is every single launch date and ETA you guys have ever released been missed by a window of at least weeks?

In reality, no. It's just incompetence. Sure. There are reasons why you guys are incompetent, but this isn't new. This happens each and every time. If you guys cared, it wouldn't. It's that simple. There is no other logical explanation for this standard of failure spanning years. 

Edited by Ellentro

4 minutes ago, Eli said:

This is a situation that, given the scale and size of how much people looked forward to this, just could not properly be accounted for. Did we account for mass purchases of the game when it's made available? Yes we did, yet steam still got all wonky. Did we account for tons of players from all over the world trying to join in the moment the servers go up? You bet. Yet even then actuality still vastly exceeded our already sizeable preparations. It's just one of those situations where you plan big, then plan bigger than your big plan, but your plans still don't size up to the situation at hand.

It's the PVE servers. You've captured the attention of a starving market. Keep up the good work. Upset customers are part of launching every game.

1 minute ago, [RG]Colt said:

Eli do you have an little update please? Even an timeframe?

https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

3 minutes ago, ronson12 said:

since the countdown timer delay and yesterday they have actually been communicating ALOT.join their discord,twitter,facebook,follow jat etc etc.lets not turn this in to 4 years of ARK whining again people.i gave them flak constantly during ARK but that was of years of playing.this is barely live and people are kicking off.it's just too early to be salty,yes the delays and the lack of communication at the beginning made me salty but i  came in to this knowing it's going to be  a pain broken etc because,well its a demo,a work in progress.also it's £19,if it was £60 i wouldn't of commited to it(not that £60 is a lot,just out of principle).take a deep break and thats coming from someone who's salty 80% of the time....

We gave this studio unwavering support throughout Ark's development process. It didn't work. The game launched every content patch with game-ending flaws and issues. 

Now, instead of giving them the carrot, most people want to give them the stick. It's been proven that they don't respond to positive reinforcement, let's see if flaming them helps. 

30 minutes ago, Francis_Drake said:

The worse for me is the fact the devs/ community support are not even making us aware on time scales etc of when we can actually join a server? 

Well actually if you check the twitter page my matey over here ---> https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas?lang=en, You will see jat has been keeping very busy keeping us informed on what is going on.

Just now, Ellentro said:

How could it not be accounted for?

This is an issue in Ark with less players. It was completely and totally, 100% with absolutely no possible excuses, predictable that it would happen here. There is not unexpected. 

Then how come this exact issue has happened, every single time you guys (Studio Wildcard) has ever launched any major content patch for Ark for four years? How come no other gaming studios have *nearly* the issues Wildcard does? Why is every single launch date and ETA you guys have ever released been missed by a window of at least weeks?

In reality, no. It's just incompetence. Sure. There are reasons why you guys are incompetent, but this isn't new. This happens each and every time. If you guys cared, it wouldn't. It's that simple. 

You seem to be complaining about a different matter entirely. I'm addressing the issue about connecting on to servers, which is something that we did try to account for. Like I said, even with all the planning we did, the sheer amount of people trying to connect from the americas, from europe, from china, oceania, etc. all still vastly exceeded those plans.

6 minutes ago, Eli said:

I appreciate you standing up for this, because honestly most companies would just sit there quietly. Take your time, me and many other people are still excited to play this game. All these people just made a forum account to complain, they didn't even set anything for a picture lol. You guys take your time (but pls do have a little more communication, I do have to admit it can be slow to get word from you guys sometimes)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

You seem to be complaining about a different matter entirely. I'm addressing the issue about connecting on to servers, which is something that we did try to account for. Like I said, even with all the planning we did, the sheer amount of people trying to connect from the americas, from europe, from china, oceania, etc. all still vastly exceeded those plans.

Eli how does it look with the connection timeout? any progress? i still can't join every spawn spot is empty but you can't join anywhere EU PvP

Edited by [RG]Colt

3 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

We gave this studio unwavering support throughout Ark's development process. It didn't work. The game launched every content patch with game-ending flaws and issues. 

Now, instead of giving them the carrot, most people want to give them the stick. It's been proven that they don't respond to positive reinforcement, let's see if flaming them helps. 

That's the spirit! Flaming is far more likely to succeed than cultivating and maintaining reasonable expectations or, heaven forbid, moving on to more enjoyable pursuits.

2 minutes ago, Eli said:

Im complaining about the same thing. I'm just pointing out that you guys don't care. It's your job, and you'll do it, but you don't care. If you guys cared, this game wouldn't have had the exact same issues, for the exact same reasons, Ark has had, for four years. 

For instance, people in Ark have been asking for a server join queue system for. Years. Literally since that game launched. It would solve not only this problem, but the problem of Join Simming, which has been, probably, one of the biggest Ark problems in its history. Instead, it has been habitually ignored. 

You can't think that this wasn't going to happen.  It's very much a hyped game, released on a weekend, Christmas weekend at that.  And people have been waiting weeks for.  Just have to give it some time.  Can't wait to play!

Edited by Baron Smith

7 minutes ago, Eli said:

advertising 40,000 people in a server set the expectation that 40,000 people were going to buy your game and play at launch. This was the expectation. 38,263 people were playing at peak time.(reference here https://store.steampowered.com/stats/ ) It would seem to me that you failed to meet this goal flat out.

2 minutes ago, Majic said:

That's the spirit! Flaming is far more likely to succeed than cultivating and maintaining reasonable expectations or, heaven forbid, moving on to more enjoyable pursuits.

See, but here's the problem. 

Wildcard does not respond to any of that. I tried it. For years. So did many other people. The entire Ark community tried to be "Reasonable" with Wildcard. They don't respond to reasonable. I enjoy Ark, and I will likely enjoy Atlas as well. The problem being the only way to really address the developers is through flame because they won't read or respond to anything that doesn't generate a firestorm. 

If it doesn't piss off a large enough segment of the community, Wildcard does not care. Period. That's how it's been for four years, that's how it still is. 

Edited by Ellentro

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

See, but here's the problem. 

Wildcard does not respond to any of that. I tried it. For years. So did many other people. The entire Ark community tried to be "Reasonable" with Wildcard. They don't respond to reasonable. I enjoy Ark, and I will likely enjoy Atlas as well. The problem being the only way to really address the developers is through flame because they won't read or respond to anything that doesn't generate a firestorm. 

I guess I missed the part where that worked with ARK, because there was definitely no shortage of flaming there.

But hey, if you're having fun, you're having fun, so it's all good to me. 😎

4 minutes ago, Majic said:

I guess I missed the part where that worked with ARK, because there was definitely no shortage of flaming there.

But hey, if you're having fun, you're having fun, so it's all good to me. 😎

It worked with Ark if you paid attention. Perhaps the only meaningful fixes to issues like this were done on the heels of the game community flaming the devs everywhere possible for everything. 

I'd love to have a reasonable discussion with the devs, and would totally like to know how they have, at every juncture, failed to account for their own projected populations, for four years, but we won't get that. At least if you stoke the communal flames of anger the issue will be solved inside a month. Look at this server queue issue, it's an example in and of itself. We tried to "Reasonably" request server queues for Ark when it launched, and it was never added. Ever. No one really flamed about it either because Ark servers usually crashed when the population exceeded 50 (On official), but I mean. Its still a problem.

Meanwhile this game, that was delayed 3-4 times, has been out for almost 4.5 hours, and no one has actually managed to play it. It's actually managed to launch worse then Diablo 3, and that was a debacle. 

Edited by Ellentro

Just now, Majic said:

Well in that case, I guess I'll try to be more angry.

Honestly, it's not about being angry, it's more about simply showing Wildcard that they can't just trample all over the community and not care, because as Ark has shown, that is *exactly* what they will do, if they ever feel they can. 

Just now, Ellentro said:

Honestly, it's not about being angry, it's more about simply showing Wildcard that they can't just trample all over the community and not care, because as Ark has shown, that is *exactly* what they will do, if they ever feel they can. 

Thankfully, you're here to keep them in line. :classic_happy:

Thankfully, you're here to keep them in line. :classic_happy:

Hardly, I'm just here venting. Along with a couple thousand other people (Mods working overtime deleting threads lmao), it's about all you can do. xD

I just have issues with people mocking the outrage like it isn't justified. It very much is. 

Edited by Ellentro

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

I just have issues with people mocking the outrage like it isn't justified. It very much is. 

For the record, I'm not mocking, just teasing, with a dash of trolling, and a mischievous grin.

For the record, I'm not mocking, just teasing, with a dash of trolling, and a mischievous grin.

Its a bit hard to tell in between the relentless banter of 140 people trying to play the game and getting rejected for 4 hours and the Atlas shit show. 

19 minutes ago, EodRambo said:

advertising 40,000 people in a server set the expectation that 40,000 people were going to buy your game and play at launch. This was the expectation. 38,263 people were playing at peak time.(reference here https://store.steampowered.com/stats/ ) It would seem to me that you failed to meet this goal flat out.

You're right that 40,000 was the expectation, and we set it above and beyond that. The number of people that were trying to squeeze into that 40,000 people wide doorway however, far exceeded even what we had set above and beyond that.

4 minutes ago, Eli said:

You're right that 40,000 was the expectation, and we set it above and beyond that. The number of people that were trying to squeeze into that 40,000 people wide doorway however, far exceeded even what we had set above and beyond that.

And yet steam only shows 38k people ever playing, so basically, you set the doorway above 40k, and failed to accomodate 38k.