Sign in to follow this  
Jaite

New skill point system = might as well not play

Honestly, there's no reasonable way to play Atlas in small teams or solo because you simply can't without a giant circle of friends.

A level 30 can barely unlock half a tree.

This is simply not understanding the player base and making changes that make no sense.

• Sad 1

Yeah they took the skill cost way too far. At first it was ridiculously low and needed to change. Right now it's about 30-40% too high.

I'll be honest from a solo players perspective even before the change it was extremely hard, now to even solo now it is next to impossible due to how much you have to unlock and deal with. Even for some extreme players who are hardcore and no life games like these will agree. But for people who want to solo and are not hardcore it will deter them away from playing the game at all. For me I'm gonna keep trying but most likely will be forced into a group because of the new changes.

Edited by SassytheSasquatch
wording error

What can someone hosting an unofficial server do? Can they have a setting to give more skill points or reduce the requirements?

Most people play solo on the unofficials, but even there you might be forced to join a company. 

I just don't like being told what to do in a game, and a lot of people that run the larger companies think that is what their role is.

You most likely can change the amount of points you get for unofficial servers, you were able to in ark so would expect you to be able to in this. Eventually trolling some of these larger companies will be big and will tear them apart aswell as insiding and disputes in companies breaking them apart no matter how big.

Clearly someone took a hammer to the face here and just picked values at random not understanding gameplay, or perhaps never having played ark or any other game with advancement and perhaps is also bad at math and probably also has poor impulse control.

I did not personally feel that the skills were 'too easy to get' unless this was supposed to be a game where you have 3-4 alts so you can log your alt in to make a pistol or log your other alt in to build a structure.

I'm 20, and with our 2-person team I don't have enough points to be useful.  I can either take building -or- smithing, and neither is something we need all the time.

Do I give up the points in gathering bonus?  How about my ability to do any melee combat?  hm?

You can change the settings in the ini for an unofficial server. They basically are killing the MMO for a solo player and being forced.

This is not a Singleplayer Game. How you will ever get a Big Ship? How you will Sail them? Do you know how many Mats you need?

How will you fight against other Players with Ships when you are alone?

You have to specialize.

3 minutes ago, Althena said:

This is not a Singleplayer Game. How you will ever get a Big Ship? How you will Sail them? Do you know how many Mats you need?

You have to specialize.

There is specializing, and there is being made unable to play the game - we're too far towards the latter whereas before we were to close to the former

2 hours ago, Althena said:

You have to specialize.

A solo player doesn't need a big ship. The sloop is plenty big enough, although I'm not sure it has guns. Yes, I know how many mats, I've already made two rafts and one sloop on an unofficial, and it only has 2x rates, so ya, grindy, but doable if you can unlock the skills. As of today, not possible unless I level over half way to the max of 51, so like level 30 or so (which I'm not).

The game can be done solo and team up (ally) when needed for some stuff like treasure hunting. It doesn't need to be a requirement to play.

This is just shooting yourself in the foot, I would think over half the player base would like to play solo if possible. This is a huge lost opportunity for them if they make this game take 5 or more people for a company to be functional.