The mega update is good but not a game changer

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*Looks up when his name is mentioned.*

Ididntdoit.

Nobodysawmedoit.

Youcantproveanything.

This.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, Lotus said:

They blame the larger company being greedy and taking too much. It could be that their thought process is flawed which makes them flawed that would hurt their ego too much so it's the megas. They can't get their own land and refuse to play with other players so they quit the game.

I will just focus on this small part if you don't mind pulling it out of the context a bit.

IMO 70% of those who left early was solos and small tribes (buddies). They found it too hard to play without the ORP and with zerg companies indeed claiming all, and were irritated by long sailing and some bugs.

People like freedom to play with whom they want and how they want , after all this is a sandbox game. For many of us, that does not include being a secondary citizen in a zerg.

Personally, I will not use in-game what we all must use in life: climbing the corporate structure, slaving for inferior "leaders", "proving " myself as a leader to 200 others and playing power struggle games only to be a deciding factor in tribe and achieve my personal goals in game. To be able to build what you want, how you want, attack whom you want, say and do what you want. And al that without being in a herd, where you personally do not amount to anything much other than meat shield, farm machine droid, breeding station and cannon fodder.

And, from people that already joined zergs , I only hear most negative stories. Yes, even from the zergs of some of those who post here and advertise here. It all led me to believe that only leaders and admins of zerg have fun. So, it is natural for those people to defend the game and current system, because, in fact, they are defending their positions and comfort zones 😉

Like many others, I want the small tribes to actually have a chance in ATLAS, like we were promised by he devs.

Edited by gnihar

8 minutes ago, gnihar said:

I will just focus on this small part if you don't mind pulling it out of the context a bit.

IMO 70% of those who left early was solos and small tribes (buddies). They found it too hard to play without the ORP and with zerg companies indeed claiming all, and were irritated by long sailing and some bugs.

People like freedom to play with whom they want and how they want , after all this is a sandbox game. For many of us, that does not include being a secondary citizen in a zerg.

Personally, I will not use in-game what we all must use in life: climbing the corporate structure, slaving for inferior "leaders", "proving " myself as a leader to 200 others and playing power struggle games only to be a deciding factor in tribe and achieve my personal goals in game. To be able to build what you want, how you want, attack whom you want, say and do what you want. And al that without being in a herd, where you personally do not amount to anything much other than meat shield, farm machine droid, breeding station and cannon fodder.

And, from people that already joined zergs , I only hear most negative stories. Yes, even from the zergs of some of those who post here and advertise here. It all led me to believe that only leaders and admins of zerg have fun. So, it is natural for those people to defend the game and current system, because, in fact, they are defending their positions and comfort zones 😉

Like many others, I want the small tribes to actually have a chance in ATLAS, like we were promised by he devs.

ORP was an excuse they used for having crap defenses IMO. I'm pretty sure you get the concept that as a smaller group you need above average defenses so the bigger tribes will look at you and be like nah not worth the time. We lived on a HSBB island then they merged into Dynasty. This was the ultimate thing cause HSBB protected us from getting wiped and then when we logged on we could go on the offensive. TPG wanted us to join them but we were like nope so about twice a week TPG would try to offline us. Somebody would send one of us a message on PvE and be like hey your under attack. We would log in to a sunk schooner. TPG would get chased down and lose a galley I'm like hrmmmm. A schooner is nothing a galley isn't that expensive depending if it's BP or not but they would have to sail for about an hour to get to us so it's like time spent vs damage caused and it just made us laugh. We had tons of fun until we made the mistake of cleaning out a federation base and claiming it. Then we tried to hold the claims for some reason. That was awful. Having a claim in PvP was not nearly as much fun as living on somebody else's land and having a list of targets presented with pictures of their base's defenses. We would go in and smash in areas. It would be like 5-10 vs 2-3 then more would log on even out the numbers then we would be the ones outnumbered. At that point cause as much damage as possible. Eventually we merged into Dynasty so we could have access to more of their ships and weapons. We did a couple battles after that but the wipe happened and after the wipe we were back on PvE. It was great but my heart lies with PvE progression which is very easy in this game 😞

The small tribes though won't go toe to toe with megas. Working with them and being what I call black ops though... amazing.

~Lotus