HANABI

ANTIGAME CLAIM ABUSE ON PVE SERVERS

4 minutes ago, ArchieVision said:

Also, here is a PSA for Solo players. I have made it past level 40. You cannot solo this game on an official servers with the current settings. Even a 1 or 2 man crew will have a very tough time with the new settings and changes made tot he skill tree and skill costs.  

There is a lot of solo players in ARK and even more 2 - 3 people tribes out there ... You're really innocent and cute, that's funny.

@Chimera You're just a troll ... You have nothing to do in this discussion man, if you were a true follower of ATLAS, you would have seen the NPC merchants screen (LOL), you're so missinformed, it's crazy.

Edited by HANABI

2 minutes ago, Chimera said:

I don't know why people play PvE tbh. Buys game about pirates, without wanting to do any of the pirate stuff....like...what? 

Some people dont like to get zerged by Chinese players I guess?

• Like 2

Just now, Loni said:

Some people dont like to get zerged by Chinese players I guess?

Region lock would fix our sorrows. 😂

3 minutes ago, Chimera said:

Once that happens I gladly hop into PVP. 

And sadly for now there is not even 20% of the NPC stuff in the game yet which was shown in the trailer.

Edited by Loni

14 minutes ago, Chimera said:

I don't know why people play PvE tbh. Buys game about pirates, without wanting to do any of the pirate stuff....like...what? 

Because we don´t want to mess with that PvP Chancer

• Like 1

also a lot of people have actual lives and dont see sinking ships and griefing other players as their main focus of success in life. 

PVE should be relaxing and fun. 

also with PVP comes a lot of toxic and elitist behavior. like calling PVE players names and talkling down to them. 

2 minutes ago, Chimera said:

whoever thinks that region locks blocks toxic player behavior hasnt played EVE Online. 

its not chinese that are the problem. its toxic humans. and those we have in abundance in every country and world region. 

45 minutes ago, ArchieVision said:

I am the leader of the Dragonpunk Scales and Sails Company that owns that island shown above. We have over 15 players(not 4) currently and are growing and actively recruiting for more players. I hear you on some of this, but we claimed the island for the city building, laws, trading, and taxation systems in game or coming very soon. Claiming land is a part of the game and we are active, and growing.

We will not apologize for claiming the entire island, and we will not give it up without a huge fight.   We will use all of it and more than likely end up with more land on other islands later.  I do feel for you that you are not able to find a location, but with the claim flag changes coming later tonight, you will probably find something soon.  That is if a company does not log in for 3 days, you can claim their land, their boats, and buildings that were left in the claimed area within 30 minutes of challenging the claim.   

NA PvE is where we are. 

Well... we are on EU PVE... so no you are not the owner of the island ^^ 

37 minutes ago, psykikk said:

toxic communities are part of the fun of pve / mmo´s 

Wrong.  Toxic communities are fun for a single demographic, the toxic community itself. And the worst part of it is, if it's allowed freely, it's a contagious sort of behavior that eventually consumes any decency from a community.  This is why some games out there grow more and more toxic over time, and eventually earn the infamy of being a game that "would be cool except I hear they have an insanely toxic community..."  I know you've heard that about other games before.  It becomes a reason why NOT to play a game, not a reason TO play a game.  As much fun as you think you're having, or as entertaining as you think it is, you need to understand that a toxic community is not anyone's friend, and will hurt the game, not help it.

14 minutes ago, HANABI said:

There is a lot of solo players in ARK and even more 2 - 3 people tribes out there ... You're really innocent and cute, that's funny.

@Chimera You're just a troll ... You have nothing to do in this discussion man, if you were a true follower of ATLAS, you would have seen the NPC merchants screen (LOL), you're so missinformed, it's crazy.

Dude, I'm telling you to provide the information on an NPC hostile fleet that you just mentioned with the NPC merchants. I know there are merchants. Don't sit there and call people trolls because I simply pointed out that PvE on a pirate game...I can't see the logic in it, plus honestly your feedback is jaded. You're only playing half the game and you're giving feedback for changes that affect everyone, including the people that play the entire game. 

10 minutes ago, Loni said:

Once that happens I gladly hop into PVP. 

And sadly for now there is not even 20% of the NPC stuff in the game yet which was shown in the trailer.

Yeah PvP isn't bad except for the offline raiding issue we have with the Russian and Chinese time zones. People are mostly chill, we haven't been griefed by anyone, and our ships have been fine sitting where they are at. New Year; New Servers with Region lock. Let us pray. 

9 minutes ago, psykikk said:

also a lot of people have actual lives and dont see sinking ships and griefing other players as their main focus of success in life. 

PVE should be relaxing and fun. 

also with PVP comes a lot of toxic and elitist behavior. like calling PVE players names and talkling down to them. 

I don't think anyone said that sinking ships and griefing people is a mark of success in life. Plus your statement is wrong, let me correct it for you: 

Atlas should be fun for everyone.

Edited by Chimera

Just now, Chimera said:

I don't think anyone said that sinking ships and griefing people is a mark of success in life. Plus your statement is wrong, let me correct it for you: 

Atlas should be fun.

this we can agree on. right now it isnt. and its not peoples fault tbh. its bad mechanics imho

I moved to a private server because of that, in that server could I at least get 1 claim area after some searching. 1 Claim area is more then enough for a base, it can easily hold a big base,  the biggest ship yard and place for pets(you can always place those on the fenced rooftops of your base if you want to have a HUGE base)

This game IS about ships, a raft isn't a true ships and can't do the content designed for bigger ships anyway. The claim system is basically telling people "Only a few % can play the true game, the rest get a raft refugee simulator"

10 minutes ago, Chimera said:

Yeah PvP isn't bad except for the offline raiding issue we have with the Russian and Chinese time zones. People are mostly chill, we haven't been griefed by anyone, and our ships have been fine sitting where they are at. New Year; New Servers with Region lock. Let us pray. 

Good to hear, but I am not gonna lie... I dont feel very encouraged to grind my butt off and come back to a destroyed base while I was a sleeper. I completely get the apeal of the PVP servers, but right now I cant see myself having fun in there. 

Edited by Loni
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Loni said:

Good to hear, but I am not gonna lie... I dont feel very encouraged to grind my butt off and come back to a destroyed base while I was a sleeper. I completely get the apeal of the PVP servers, but right now I cant see myself having fun in there. 

Not going to lie, it isn't fun on the PvP servers at all until that region lock comes. 

jep everywhere claims but no players,
they claim and sail away...
the claim flags should become spoil timer!

Some games came up with a major (Star wars galaxies) which was a profession on his own , building cities , decorations , upgarding cities and his limits by the same time , everything could be done way better than what it is now , I'm on my way trying to get a land pretty soon but reading all this is really not cool so far !
It should be 1 player - 1 flag  and that's it , if you want to play alone fair enough with one flag you have space to do so .
If you want to play as a company then it should be different as it is now , either as Evolver said above , a spoil timer for non active flag , either by the way of a set number of flag by company crew or even through a profession as mentioned above , a kind of governor that increase land size through levels .

6 hours ago, HANABI said:

Yes and those solo and small group players are less likely to post in the forums then the (in general) more hardcore alpha company players. The many who complain about claims are actually only a tiny fraction of the big group who is unable to get a claim.

WHat's the difference if you're on a pve server though? Nothing to do anyway...

Z

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, psykikk said:

no. 
1 claim per person / company. thats it. make it upgradeable to increase in size. companies also need a certa9n amount of members to make their claim bigger.

also: dont make claims stop ressource spawning. 

make claims (epscially company claims) to be needed to maintain. -> put ressources into them that way you can lock a claim and delay decay. 

dont make deserted claims (no one being in them for x amount of days and not working them. just sleeping / standing / running there doesnt maintain it)

contestable. just delete them .they just vanish by themselves. 

done. 

no need to get overly complicated with that. 

and this would (and imo is) be plain wrong.  
especially in a PVE setting. there are and always will be lone wolves. let them set up shop to build their ships and store stuff. 

just make it impossible for singlke players to set up more than one claim.

make it so that if the solo player want to set up his second claim, a dialog pops up reminding him that he loses his first one. done. 

Edited by UDO