HANABI

ANTIGAME CLAIM ABUSE ON PVE SERVERS

2 minutes ago, Loni said:

You are on NA and he and me were talking about EU pve. You have a legit big company, but on Eu that island is held by 4 or 5 players with a few random people around the leftover beach spots.

Even if it was true ... It's totaly a claim abuse because they don't need that much land to play the game ... Let me say it again ...

1 CLAIM = 50 FOUNDATIONS RADIUS !! Now take a look at those screen and count how much crazyness space there is on this island !!

EDIT : I just took a look on their island and ... It's about 1000 foundations long for 700 foundations large, it's a really really big one, i think 10 companies can fit on this island without any problems.
But claim abusers arn't lucky because we wont let them claim everything like this.

Edited by HANABI

So how would you propose clans make huge structures? With the advent of limiting the claim size flags so severely there would be no reason for those who want to build their monolithic structures to even play at that logic. The reason some people claim huge swaths of land to be toxic sure is an issue, however to severely cap the entire thing for those who just want to build and whatnot. What about when people are trying to have huge Companies? the entire premise of the game was to spread out and create your own way to play, some people jsut want to create their own nation, actually probably a lot of people. This is kinda the same argument from Ark about Alpha tribes. 

1 minute ago, ArchieVision said:

Actually, no. It is not F You, it is join a group, there are a ton recruiting. Stop crying and being toxic because you cannot get your way, and actually start playing it like an MMO.  Form big guilds and groups, claim what you want and let your creativity go nuts. 

"let your creativity go nuts". 

so the theory is that all those 1-2 person companies sailed for hours to get as far away as possible to claim all land possible and THEN stanrt recruiting because you HAVE TO jon them or "quit crying" ?? 

its PVE. its a sandbox. if someone wants to sail alone, the game should make that possible.
only because some early bird people abused a poorly designed claim system does not mean its all working as intended. 

it needs fixing. 

and calling someone toxic or crying because they point out flaws is as helpful as you post.
hint: not at all

Did anyone know that Claimsystem from Life is Feudal? 

Players have to craft the Claimbuilding and upgrade that for a bigger Claim. The more the Claimtier the more rarer ressources for an Upgrad. When that building is placed, the player have to spend some items as "Tax". The bigger Claimtier the more Tax player have to pay. 

Sorry for my english.^^

• Like 2

I'm personally a really crazy builder, i already built towns, villages and castles on ARK, CONAN EXILES ... There is no actual way they will be able to build a giant city, just because the game can't handle it 😄

When you're approaching the structure limit, you're PC and the server are totaly shiting themselves because huit thousand structures ... It comes really quick !!

EDIT : The LIFE IS FEUDAL claim system is really good, and it's combining the 2 ways of what i have talked about.

Edited by HANABI

2 minutes ago, Draconin said:

So how would you propose clans make huge structures? With the advent of limiting the claim size flags so severely there would be no reason for those who want to build their monolithic structures to even play at that logic. The reason some people claim huge swaths of land to be toxic sure is an issue, however to severely cap the entire thing for those who just want to build and whatnot. What about when people are trying to have huge Companies? the entire premise of the game was to spread out and create your own way to play, some people jsut want to create their own nation, actually probably a lot of people. This is kinda the same argument from Ark about Alpha tribes. 

easy fix. 

claim size is dependant on maintenance, upgrades and active players in company. 

done. 

theres never been a 14 person nation. let alone a 2 people nation. 

heck, thats not even a tribe. 

so you want to go big ? cool. recruit people and make them work for it. 

that way you claim large areas automatically  if you upgrade and maintain it. 

the larger the company grows, the larger the claim area. 

with that system the largest companies could even claim more than one island IF they should ever grow big enough and invest the upkeep...

It is not a flaw. It is intended.  And limiting it to 1 flag per player is akin to killing the entire game. You might want to play as a "Solo" player. But what about us that want huge towns, governance, and nation building? We should just get screwed? Like you said, it is a SANDBOX. That is for "Everyone" to be able to play the way they want to. Not just you. So you have actually negated your own arguement and if they do change it, you will see this game die faster than DnL. 

Edited by ArchieVision

While that is true, servers can be upgraded, PC can eventually handle bigger and better things. i dont want to just say becuase we can't handle the load right now we put the nail in the coffin for the future. There are ways to build giant cities, just look at like the freeports. If they can create a town, whats to say we cant create a city?

11 minutes ago, HANABI said:

Even if it was true ... It's totaly a claim abuse because they don't need that much land to play the game ... Let me say it again ...

1 CLAIM = 50 FOUNDATIONS RADIUS !! Now take a look at those screen and count how much crazyness space there is on this island !!

EDIT : I just took a look on their island and ... It's about 1000 foundations long for 700 foundations large, it's a really really big one, i think 10 companies can fit on this island without any problems.
But claim abusers arn't lucky because we wont let them claim everything like this.

I do believe there you are wrong. I need to build walls to keep tames in. I need to build a greenhouse for farming. I need to set up a port for ships. I need to build a taming pen. That's a lot more than 50 foundations worth. 

Just now, Draconin said:

While that is true, servers can be upgraded, PC can eventually handle bigger and better things. i dont want to just say becuase we can't handle the load right now we put the nail in the coffin for the future. There are ways to build giant cities, just look at like the freeports. If they can create a town, whats to say we cant create a city?

Because i'm an experienced builder and i know how hard it is to handle five thousand building pieces for your PC ... You don't know anything but you want to build big, that's cute but the reality of things is way worse than the one you imagine.

PLUS !! We also want to build a big merchant port to trade with other people, but we wont put down 50 claim flag on an island because we know it's impossible to fill it with structures.

1 claim flag = 100 foundations diameter, so you can try to make it 100 x 100 (It'll be like calculating in square foundations).
1 claim flag = 1000 foundations total surface you can build on.

4 minutes ago, Opa Ronny said:

Did anyone know that Claimsystem from Life is Feudal? 

Players have to craft the Claimbuilding and upgrade that for a bigger Claim. The more the Claimtier the more rarer ressources for an Upgrad. When that building is placed, the player have to spend some items as "Tax". The bigger Claimtier the more Tax player have to pay. 

Sorry for my english.^^

Its a terrible design choice by the Atlas devs no doubt about it. It should start with a flag and then be upgraded to increase the building area locked to skills and level. Then after reaching the max level of that particular claimed area, the company can further expand with another flag and start the upgrade process again costing resources to upgrade AND maintain.

• Like 1

That's coolio, i just wanted to throw in the peace on my end. we need to think of all aspects about the topic rather than the single one. Each effect causes a ripple, and i still am ambitioning building that city. i just want thought to be given to those who are really, really into the idea of huge compounds and those of huge tribes

There is no tribes that actually have more than 100 players in the PvE server ... Because it's a PvE server.

Your island is approximatly worth of 700.000 foundations ... You will never use all that space and even if it could be used, you don't need it at all, that's the end of the story.

On top of that it is early alpha and looking at the claming system I can easy see a wipe of the servers rather soon. So have fun building your cities I guess 😛

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HANABI said:

Because i'm an experienced builder and i know how hard it is to handle five thousand building pieces for your PC ... You don't know anything but you want to build big, that's cute but the reality of things is way worse than the one you imagine.

PLUS !! We also want to build a big merchant port to trade with other people, but we wont put down 50 claim flag on an island because we know it's impossible to fill it with structures.

1 claim flag = 100 foundations diameter, so you can try to make it 100 x 100 (It'll be like calculating in square foundations).
1 claim flag = 1000 foundations total surface you can build on.

Ive build monoliths before, ive played on ARK servers that have had thousands and thousands of building on them. My point is that i want to defend the interests of those who have a reasoning on to acutally using huge pieces of land.  Im not debating the ability of servers and PC's to handle it.

1 minute ago, HANABI said:

There is no tribes that actually have more than 100 players in the PvE server ... Because it's a PvE server.

Your island is approximatly worth of 700.000 foundations ... You will never use all that space and even if it could be used, you don't need it at all, that's the end of the story.

I don't know why people play PvE tbh. Buys game about pirates, without wanting to do any of the pirate stuff....like...what? 

8 minutes ago, ArchieVision said:

It is not a flaw. It is intended.  And limiting it to 1 flag per player is akin to killing the entire game. You might want to play as a "Solo" player. But what about us that want huge towns, governance, and nation building? We should just get screwed? Like you said, it is a SANDBOX. That is for "Everyone" to be able to play the way they want to. Not just you. So you have actually negated your own arguement and if they do change it, you will see this game die faster than DnL. 

like i said: want ot go big ? then get people . build a big company. 

only because a few players think that going bigf somehwre down the line is the way to go they shouldn´t be able to claim all at once. 

you can still upgrade and increase in size. just not claim the whole island and be done with it. 

also just venturing into the claim radius shouldnt be enough to maintain it. it should require work to maintain it. 

that way too large areas are not feasible if your company cannot put the work in or the members are not willing to do it. 

1 minute ago, Chimera said:

I don't know why people play PvE tbh. Buys game about pirates, without wanting to do any of the pirate stuff....like...what? 

PvE = Player VS Environnement (So NPC Merchants or NPC Navy for example)

PvP = Player VS Player (So Player VS Player + VS NPC navy and NPC merchants).

CQFD.

because in the trailers they 

3 minutes ago, Chimera said:

because in the trailers they showed enough content for solo players. 

also the game offers pve. 

1 minute ago, psykikk said:

like i said: want ot go big ? then get people . build a big company. 

only because a few players think that going bigf somehwre down the line is the way to go they shouldn´t be able to claim all at once. 

you can still upgrade and increase in size. just not claim the whole island and be done with it. 

also just venturing into the claim radius shouldnt be enough to maintain it. it should require work to maintain it. 

that way too large areas are not feasible if your company cannot put the work in or the members are not willing to do it. 

Doesn't matter if we use all of the land or not. Once we tax it, anyone that harvests from it gives us an income.  It is not only about building. It is about governance, laws, taxation, building, and playing the game the way you want to.  

2 minutes ago, ArchieVision said:

Doesn't matter if we use all of the land or not. Once we tax it, anyone that harvests from it gives us an income.  It is not only about building. It is about governance, laws, taxation, building, and playing the game the way you want to.  

Nobody will harvest on your island ... Since you're the only ones there, there is no point ... Your project is really contradictory dude, you want to be alone on your island but you want to tax people ? Wut ? That's what we wanted to do and that's why it's stupid to take all the surface of an island (LOL)

Edited by HANABI

Also, here is a PSA for Solo players. I have made it past level 40. You cannot solo this game on an official servers with the current settings. Even a 1 or 2 man crew will have a very tough time with the new settings and changes made tot he skill tree and skill costs.  

3 minutes ago, HANABI said:

PvE = Player VS Environnement (So NPC Merchants or NPC Navy for example)

PvP = Player VS Player (So Player VS Player + VS NPC navy and NPC merchants).

CQFD.

NPC Navy...where? I have never seen anyone show anything about an NPC hostile fleet. Ghost ship, yes. Kraken, yes. Hydra, yes? NPC fleet? No....

Claims are big because you have to build bases for PvP. Don't think they are going to make versions 5.4.3 for PvP and 5.4.2 for PvE. 

But yeah, there's something thrilling about outsmarting other players. I'll never understand you PvE players, hehe. Ark I get it. Buys dino game to play with dinos and doesn't want to get zerged while petting the tickle chicken. But buys pirate game to...fight the kraken x20 undisturbed? City build? I don't know.