Sign in to follow this  
Emanuel a

Cage attachment to horses and bears

What about a creating or modifying the carriages to introduce prisoners inside a cage pulled by a horse. I find it useful if you want to transport a prisoner to a fortified base full of puckles, you have to turn all the defenses off, bring the prisoner with a hook, and then turn your puckles on again. I suggest that puckles will ignore anyone inside the cage if the horse is from the same tribe than the puckles. So your own puckles will ignore it and you could bring the prisoner inside your base if you capture a griefers inside your house or you are being raided in that particular moment.

Is also useful if you are raiding someone and you can't place a cage in your boat for a design issue or you cant place a cage in their island because too many enemy foundations.

Pirates don't take prisoners! That's the easiest solution to your problem.  🙂

• Like 1

I love this idea.  We've lost many a prisoner to puckles and other NPC defenses.  The best was when someone left a bear on aggressive and the prisoner someone was carrying was attacked.  We had a good laugh, but lost the prisoner. 

Edited by DocHolliday

23 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Pirates don't take prisoners! That's the easiest solution to your problem.  🙂

Actually yes, pirates did take prisoners. Sometimes just for thier own amusement at a later date, other times in an attempt to get paid ransom for return of said prisoners. All valid reasons in a pvp environment in Atlas. But if you want to go down that road, I haven't been able to find any historically correct instances of pirates fighting Dragons or Hydras. And the best I can tell giant sea monsters such a kracken were merely tall tails.

But since this is a game, a fantasy pirate game, it's a fair assumption that each person enjoys it in his/her own fantastical way 😎

Edited by Huck Finnley

17 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

Actually yes, pirates did take prisoners. Sometimes just for thier own amusement at a later date, other times in an attempt to get paid ransom for return of said prisoners. All valid reasons in a pvp environment in Atlas. But if you want to go down that road, I haven't been able to find any historically correct instances of pirates fighting Dragons or Hydras. And the best I can tell giant sea monsters such a kracken were merely tall tails.

But since this is a game, a fantasy pirate game, it's a fair assumption that each person enjoys it in his/her own fantastical way 😎

Heck, getting your captives to rack up debt using your entertainment establishments was a core function of tropico 2: pirate cove.

22 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

I was just kidding by the way. I know they took prisoners and hostages were also taken for ransom.  A lot of times the prisoners (especially young ones) were put to work as cabin boys but sometimes they just needed some "enjoyment". Nothing like a good keehauling with some friendly wagers to lighten the spirits.

I just wish we had the ability to keelhaul people. I know a couple company-mates that need to be tossed over and dragged as shark bait.   🙂 

Edited by Sydhart

That can be done can't it?  Can someone be blackjacked, grapple hooked and then tossed overboard?  I want to try it now. 

I'm still waiting for the retractable plank. 

Edited by DocHolliday