Goombay

Will "Rename Ship" Command Ever Be Fixed?

Long story short, dropped a new boat and got attacked by an NPC. Ended up pressing cancel and it was released as "Schooner." If you hold E on the boat, there'e a rename ship option on the scroll wheel, but it doesn't do anything. Can we expect this to be resolved?

That is the only time the rename function works is when you did not name it. Once named you can not use the rename.  

2 hours ago, DilBert said:

That is the only time the rename function works is when you did not name it. Once named you can not use the rename.  

Did you read what I wrote? I pressed cancel, and did not name it. That's why its name is "Schooner." This is exactly the situation where a rename makes sense, there is a command for it in game, but it's broken.

Get someone to steal boat, rename it, then steal it back.

Imo you should be able to rename stuff, incase of naming accidents.  Like there isn't enough Black Peaaarls in the game already?

4 hours ago, Martyn said:

Get someone to steal boat, rename it, then steal it back.

Imo you should be able to rename stuff, incase of naming accidents.  Like there isn't enough Black Peaaarls in the game already?

*sniffs* You peasants and your cheap unimaginative Black Peaaarl boat names. Use a little creativity and come up with something original for once in your dull lives. Your jealousy is palpable as I sail by in the far more tastefully named Blak Perlz.

What up now

Dog?

My Brig is called Neptunes Song.  I like that name, my other ships aren't so well named.