Cpt.Yarrr

Mating between companymembers and where is that PvE testserver?

I'm wondering, can we do testing with mating between companymembers? There was so much hype about this prelaunch, now I can't find anything about it anymore.

Next, where's the PvE server to test? We tried to sail around for a couple of times, as soon as we set foot on land (bout 3 times now) we got attacked by other pirates. I know some of you like to kill other players in a PTR, but how do we suppose to test the game if we only keep on getting hunted? Does PvE mean nothing for GRAPSNAILECARDWILDSHOT? 

Did you try to communicate before making landfall? 

My exerience shows me, that PvP is entirely about de-escalation vs escalation.  Both of these start with analyzing the consequences of one's companies actions. We find that if you are friendly enough, straight up about your intentions and do nothing considered suspicious, even the largest of mega companies will let you grab that map on their land or tame an elephant for 25 minutes.  Some groups will even let you use their traps. And often you built a friend and ally. There will always be cases where you are shot on sight, but these seem to be rare, or our diplomat has some mad rolls (1D20 +10) lol

PvP is almost entirely the metagame, the game we play as people interacting with other people outside the actual physical algorithmic mechanics.  If you show your intentions are honourable, you can win friends fast, but if you dishonourable, you will be executed.

Best of luck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jean said:

Did you try to communicate before making landfall? 

My exerience shows me, that PvP is entirely about de-escalation vs escalation.  Both of these start with analyzing the consequences of one's companies actions. We find that if you are friendly enough, straight up about your intentions and do nothing considered suspicious, even the largest of mega companies will let you grab that map on their land or tame an elephant for 25 minutes.  Some groups will even let you use their traps. And often you built a friend and ally. There will always be cases where you are shot on sight, but these seem to be rare, or our diplomat has some mad rolls (1D20 +10) lol

PvP is almost entirely the metagame, the game we play as people interacting with other people outside the actual physical algorithmic mechanics.  If you show your intentions are honourable, you can win friends fast, but if you dishonourable, you will be executed.

Best of luck

Yes we did multiple times. We tried to tell we just wanted to check out the new biomes. The first 2 told us we where trespassing, knocked 2 of us out and chopped of our heads.

The third one told us to f**k off and killed us with 3 bears. There we logged out and we stopped "testing". In the end we seen nothing. So, that PTR is doing nothing for us.

• Like 1

PVE testserver is supposed to be out at some point today-unless something happens. guessing a patch is gonna go along with it. Im guessing around 6-8pm est tonight. 

As for mating. Think we are still several months from that. Rightnow they are trying to get the claim system under control. 

PVP. Im a nice person. I still got wiped out. Not that I cared much. I planned on going to PVE PTR anyways. They did me a favor from breaking down all my stuff. Definitely not my cup of tea. I rather relax and play the long game versus the rebuilding every few days.

Just now, Sadie Blackhawk said:

PVE testserver is supposed to be out at some point today-unless something happens. guessing a patch is gonna go along with it. Im guessing around 6-8pm est tonight. 

As for mating. Think we are still several months from that. Rightnow they are trying to get the claim system under control. 

PVP. Im a nice person. I still got wiped out. Not that I cared much. I planned on going to PVE PTR anyways. They did me a favor from breaking down all my stuff. Definitely not my cup of tea. I rather relax and play the long game versus the rebuilding every few days.

Cool thanks, like all other promisses we decided to just wait and log in on a daily base and hoping for the best.

Communications and keeping word is not something we're putting our hopes on anymore with the creators of the game.

They had a thing up top about them bringing down the NA PVE server and it going to be the new NA PVE PTR a few days ago. 

Mating was way out on the horizon since the beginning. I do like the new trading system. I gave one person a buncha gold so they could get an island. That's about the only thing I could say I really liked so far.

1 hour ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

They had a thing up top about them bringing down the NA PVE server and it going to be the new NA PVE PTR a few days ago. 

Mating was way out on the horizon since the beginning. I do like the new trading system. I gave one person a buncha gold so they could get an island. That's about the only thing I could say I really liked so far.

Too bad for the mating part, I particular liked this and wanted to see how to "breed" your own offsprings. I've bred loads of dinos and wanted this game not to be ZOO-like for me, kids however seemed cool tho.

16 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Still 2+ years in Early Access. It's got a long way to go. 

Ye and from the looks of it, we're bound to be pushed into unofficial servers. All islands where taken within 24 hours on the PTR PvPvE (15x15 grids LMAO).

I sure hope they'll got a different way on PvE. I fear another wipe will be coming soon and before getting out of EA even more wipes will come. On ARK I seen this once, never had my chars and progress wiped after it. As long as they wipe those too, the majority will not be coming back and will be paying loads of money per month to rents of servers just for the game. Not liking this at all and still hoping (but no way hyped again from this company, nor buying) they come to a point where they make PvE way more interesting and do something active against griefing/exploits like letting admins guard te grids. Bit pathetic these little kids like to grief, but hey, if you don't have a real life with real friends, you need to compensate that.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

Honestly after having land on PTR and the game before the wipe. I'm thinking lawless is the way to go. I honestly don't care about a claim flag. They put in cute little decorative claim flags anyways. As long as I have a spot to build a base. To me having a claim flag is just a headache and a lot of work. If I get lucky enough to find a small island when it goes live. Great. I can manage that. If not. I'll go to lawless. Cause tax rates are insane and not worth it to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Honestly after having land on PTR and the game before the wipe. I'm thinking lawless is the way to go. I honestly don't care about a claim flag. They put in cute little decorative claim flags anyways. As long as I have a spot to build a base. To me having a claim flag is just a headache and a lot of work. If I get lucky enough to find a small island when it goes live. Great. I can manage that. If not. I'll go to lawless. Cause tax rates are insane and not worth it to me.

True, we're discussing the same at the moment and we're probably will be living on ships with a little base on lawless areas. 

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Why do people insist on asking at 7:30am PST where things are on the day they are due just because they are in a later timezone and therefore it is later in the day? It's ridiculous.

Lol cause not everyone knows that I think the main company HQ is located in Seattle. Although don't quote me on that. 

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Why do people insist on asking at 7:30am PST where things are on the day they are due just because they are in a later timezone and therefore it is later in the day? It's ridiculous.

And a goodmorning to you too! Had coffee yet?:classic_huh:

3 minutes ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Lol cause not everyone knows that I think the main company HQ is located in Seattle. Although don't quote me on that. 

lol the OP is not new to this news, he knows they are based in US.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

lol the OP is not new to this news, he knows they are based in US.

Wich is true.

But your point is not clear to me yet tho. Cause if you come here just to rant and play dumb, look for some other thread then.  If you can try and answer 1 of the things I've asked, erm wait insisted as you call it, then be my guest.

And do everyone a favour, drink your coffee first.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

3 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Next, where's the PvE server to test? We tried to sail around for a couple of times, as soon as we set foot on land (bout 3 times now) we got attacked by other pirates. I know some of you like to kill other players in a PTR, but how do we suppose to test the game if we only keep on getting hunted? Does PvE mean nothing for GRAPSNAILECARDWILDSHOT? 

PvE is not up yet.

If PvE didn't mean anything to Grapeshot then it wouldn't exist, nor would they be setting up a PvE PTR.

There's your answers.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

PvE is not up yet.

If PvE didn't mean anything to Grapeshot then it wouldn't exist, nor would they be setting up a PvE PTR.

There's your answers.

Well thanks!

15 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Ridiculous you say?

It's 16 hours later, still nothing, now what?

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 1

^^ That's been shared around the forum already and on Discord.

Yes they should have posted it on the forums, but it's been shared on the forums several times already, which means if you didn't spot that then you'd unlikely spot something posted by a Dev.

23 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

^^ That's been shared around the forum already and on Discord.

Yes they should have posted it on the forums, but it's been shared on the forums several times already, which means if you didn't spot that then you'd unlikely spot something posted by a Dev.

So, not yesterday like you said?

Or like all other promisses they keep on posting and rescheduling? And why did they share it on the 9th instead on the 7th or 8th? 

Bull Poo if you ask me, like all of the dates they just keep on delaying. 

Thats the company you just keep on defending, a bunch of Bull Poo all around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Like I said what?

18 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said: