Sign in to follow this  
Sadie Blackhawk

Feedback SoTD's

Ran over to E3 last night after the last patch. So many of them in squadrons spawned. They were literally sitting on the shore. Pathing is a mess on them. I know people aren't out destroying them. But I literally encountered 4-5 galleons along with the rest of the party in a small area. They should be more of a rare event not 20 in one spot.

If you run out and hit them, they will start moving again.  They'll turn on spot and eventually turn away from island, circling back to shoot at you.   If you setup mortors etc to shoot them, you have to wait 30mins before you can even use the mortors or 20mins to use the cannons, cannons can't even swivel on the spot.

agree, pathing is pretty messed up. seen several resting on the shoreline.

also, too many to count. i have killed countless SoDs but there are swarms everywhere. instead of seeing 4, 5 solos like before in render distance you now see 3 squadrons totaling 15-18. seas a full of them!  

one additional note: crossing zones into a squadron is pretty devastating. i zoned into 2 gall, 2 brigs and a schooner. galls where 26 & 28 and ended up right in between them on zone in, the proceeded to make swiss cheese out of my brig.

this is basically worst case scenario but nothing i could do about it.

Eh Meercat that's always been a problem. I cross zones at an angle now for some reason you don't get hit quite as bad or they don't hit at all

Last night, coming from A10 down to B12, I counted 38 ships on the western edge in B11 alone. At one point, I looked around and counted, we had 16 ships surrounding us. We've also had a ton of fun farming them... shoot them when they come in close, pull them in to shore, pickaxe or scythe them to death.

Good: Love the easy farming.

Bad: Small room for error when engaging higher level squadrons or fighting in a slower ship.

Ugly: Running the gauntlet in your ramshackle.

All in all I dont think it should be dialed down yet. Let players learn and adjust for awhile longer then take another look at spawn rates.

Sotd are based on how many in the server, at least that's what the un official servers told me why we had so many in our zones. More players less spawn.

With all the AI, Animals, and Sotd spawning around no wonder we have such a tough time in each server. AI lag is horrible... the building lag isnt so bad.