I have a suggestion for solve the problem with the solo player,

Why don't make a non-pvp port with a bank for gold,  values things, crew and 1 ship? (for a price of gold)

Only for player without a company.

They are adding player shops in freeports where you will probably be able to buy most items you need, and you can already recruit crewmembers in them. You can also get Ramsackle sloop, which is a beginner ship but a ship nonetheless. They are also adding a secure trade system between players. I doubt it will, but let's hope that comes with a secure way to transfer ownership of ships and tames. Having a bank would be great, but i don't think anything should be limited for solo players.

On the other hand, being solo living of a freeport it's doable. I've played duo for three weeks using the freeport as a parking spot/home when you had to repair the ship three times a day( We had a schooner and a brig), i don't know why a solo couldn't use the same set up we used now that u have to repair just once.

Its still in your best interest to be in a company. You wont get too far, solo. You can be in a company still and play solo all you want. You cant offline raid people unless you do the other server.

Are we sure the Freeports will have the same decay rates and anchor bonus after the update?  I don't know if that will be permanent.  As it stands now most people who are still active are using freeports to park.  Ships left outside of a Freeport do not last long.

Edited by DocHolliday