Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Where are the rivers?

Ive come to a conclusion. we are missing rivers. Some islands have streams and waterfalls but I haven't yet seen a river where boats can sail to an inland harbour. Would make an interesting way of getting boats built away from the coast. They would have to be deep enough and wide enough for the larger ships to go through but it would also provide for folk to use the inner parts of islands and sail down the river to the coast. 

And yes I have thought about how some folk would block the river mouth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Galleons rarely, if ever, went up rivers.  Maybe a Brig, but even that's rare.  Sloops, sure.

I never thought about it, but yes some rivers would be cool I think. Probably wont happen on Official, but I think it would be cool. I will make one in my first island I make. I only joined the forums for server info and mod info originally, and I even bought a small server to sandbox mods and custom islands. So thanks for bringing this up! I am always interested in observations like these. 

Sloops and schooners have shallow drafts. And of course the almighty dinghy (poor currently useless dinghy).

2 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

poor currently useless dinghy

I blame the way it steers/moves.  Kudos for realism, but gods it blows to row that thing solo.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(poor currently useless dinghy).

IMAO DEVs should add there a resource box, so If you go for resources, you can park it to shore, and bring all you find there, and after you done - you swim back to your ship.

(I thought about that before I discovered that tames are replacing almost everything in PVE. Resources and carrying? - Ride tames. Discoveries - ride tames. Fight army of damned lvl-30? Ride tames : )) 

• Like 1

if i remember well in J12 biggest island there's a river  deep enough for brigs.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, znasser said:

if i remember well in J12 biggest island there's a river  deep enough for brigs.

Thanks for the info I will go check that out.

j4 had an amazing river/port where u could sail up the river and anchor, fully defensible location. only downside is that the island was trash, no metal rocks, only hostile spawns on most days, but the port made up for it

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, old salty mcloot said:

j4 had an amazing river/port where u could sail up the river and anchor, fully defensible location. only downside is that the island was trash, no metal rocks, only hostile spawns on most days, but the port made up for it

Will check that one out as well! thanks for the info! I am making a list of these grids so I can check them out when I get my server up (should have been up by now but my power supply died). I am seriously grateful for the info. I want to begin modding islands ASAP and was looking for ideas for a first project. And now I have it. LOL should make one that takes up half the grid and just run rivers through it everywhere, call it River Isle.