Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

New players and perception...why the new rules may not be perfect, but ARE a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

The problem with the new system is say your sailing around you come across a base. You whip out your spyglass and see its poorly defended full of silly aesthetic features and you think to yourself i bet some PVE noob built this will be an easy raid.

So you sail up to it with your warship and the enemy players man their cannons and start shooting at you. You shoot back but oh whats this your not doing any damage to them?  Ah then you remember with the new system you have to send them a polite message telling them you'll be attacking them tomorrow at noon, plz be ready for us...

1.If someone shot back...I seriously doubt you would have continued the fight anyways. 

2. You said you and your friends are gonna quit if they don't revert the changes so you don't have to worry about it.

3.Nothing wrong with a nice looking base. As long as you have your goodies in a bunker...It often attracts newb raiders to exactly where you want them to go. Especially ones in giant zergs who think they are a lot smarter than they actually are.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Like 2

Just now, Back Stabbath said:

1.If someone shot back...I seriously doubt you would have continued the fight anyways. 

2. You said you and your friends are gonna quit if they don't revert the changes so you don't have to worry about it.

3.Nothing wrong with a nice looking base. As long as you have your goodies in a bunker...It often attracts newb raiders to exactly where you want them to go. Especially ones in giant zergs who think they are a lot smarter thyan they actually are.

You've completely missed the point there champ. Explain to me why I can't raid online players on a PVP server.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You've completely missed the point there champ. Explain to me why I can't raid online players on a PVP server.

Fairly sure it is you that misses the point and continually does so. Suck it up Mr. Hardcore, your unrestricted PvWall days are over.

You can raid online players if the raid window is open or if the is a war declared. Considering each raid window is company set, they will all be at different times thus allowing you to actually fight another player or raid another company at virtually anytime. You just don't get to wait till everyone is asleep on one island and destroy all their stuff 24/7 now. Also like the others have pointed out, you and your company are leaving the game right? Then go. You think you are in the majority in your stance on the changes but in fact you are not. You are the minority. Most people left because of this system. More will come back than will leave I believe. 

49 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You can you are in a giant fucking mega zerg. Drop some tokens .  Go zerg all the small companies you want. I guarantee you want be fighting the other megas.

Fight on the open seas.  

There will be boats on the seas you will be able to have numbers that will guarantee victory, quit being so fucking scared.

Listen, I get it. I have over 4000hours in Rust. 

I played Darkfall for its entire existance (all versions). I started in UO (pre Felucca). Im  as hardcore open world as you get. Ive been in  Large and small competitive guilds in all those games. Ive only played pvp open world mmo or survival games and ive been playing pretty much since computers in houses became a thing. ( yes im old)

Im in a pretty big multi gaming community with a lot of members and I have friends in a lot of different multi gaming communities. Im not super awesome at pvp but I thrive on the compete, I need and want it. I cannot play a game without that drive.

I would love a game with no restrictions an open thriving sandbox world with absolutely no rules , cutthroat where the strong rule the world. But unfortunately that doesn't exist yet. And it certainly isn't what you are asking for. You are asking for a magic world tailored for giant zergs . Take out fast travel so your 1000 man crew cant port around to defend your islands and ill give you your sandbox. 

You are confusing numbers and skill/strength over and over, You are also confusing PVO with skill repeatedly. As if you say it enough it will become true. It wont, you require a huge zerg because you are scared to lose your stuff and you offline because you DONT enjoy actual pvp. I cant stand offlining. Its boring as fuck. I view it as a missed opportunity, that is the difference between me and you. I play to have fun, you play to try and convince others you are good at something you are not.

Your ilk is willing to destroy the game and drive the playerbase away to convince others you are good when you are just a bunch of cowards hiding behind numbers afraid to risk your pixels.

I just want people to pvp with. If they are able to give people a decently safe place to build some boats and a reason to take those boats out on the water. Ill have some boats to smash. Im good with that.  Its a start.

First thing they gotta do imo is get rid of the giant mega zerg mentality that is crushing their game.

You said you and your friends are quiting , so it seems they are heading in that direction.

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Nah bro....you cant handle pvp  run back to ark. Hide behind your zerg. 

Dont worry your enemies will goto sleep soon....you can win some big "fights". 

Hardcore mode bro.

Nah bro, talk English mate and PVP sucks in this game..........bro

Edited by sand man
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sand man said:

Nah bro, talk English mate and PVP suck in this game..........bro

ok Mate. Hop back on your Dino Mate. wtf?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Fairly sure it is you that misses the point and continually does so. Suck it up Mr. Hardcore, your unrestricted PvWall days are over.

You can raid online players if the raid window is open or if the is a war declared. Considering each raid window is company set, they will all be at different times thus allowing you to actually fight another player or raid another company at virtually anytime. You just don't get to wait till everyone is asleep on one island and destroy all their stuff 24/7 now. Also like the others have pointed out, you and your company are leaving the game right? Then go. You think you are in the majority in your stance on the changes but in fact you are not. You are the minority. Most people left because of this system. More will come back than will leave I believe. 

You are skirting around the issue here. You are not a politician are you?

As I said to the other PVE player defending this new system, how can it be that players are restricted from fighting other online players in a so called PVP server? You realize that makes ZERO sense.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

You are skirting around the issue here. You are not a politician are you?

As I said to the other PVE player defending this new system, how can it be that players are restricted from fighting other online players in a so called PVP server? You realize that makes ZERO sense.

There is no issue to "skirt". Your question was answered, you just do not like the answer, but that does not change the truth. In the new system you can PvP all day long. But as has been established you do not seem to want to actually fight anyone. 

And I laugh at your "PvE" comment lol, you go Mr. Hardcore! The funniest thing about that comment and the similar comments directed at others in this post, is that every single person you have labeled like that has straight said in typing they WANT PvP, you are the only one championing offline raiding, a.k.a. PvO, offlining, PvWall.  No players to be seen! No wonder your in a zerg, you have to be. 

3 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

There is no issue to "skirt". Your question was answered, you just do not like the answer, but that does not change the truth. In the new system you can PvP all day long. But as has been established you do not seem to want to actually fight anyone. 

And I laugh at your "PvE" comment lol, you go Mr. Hardcore! The funniest thing about that comment and the similar comments directed at others in this post, is that every single person you have labeled like that has straight said in typing they WANT PvP, you are the only one championing offline raiding, a.k.a. PvO, offlining, PvWall.  No players to be seen! No wonder your in a zerg, you have to be. 

The issue is quite simple. You join a PVP sever, you come across a base with players in it running about ie they are clearly online. Why can't I attack it. It's a PVP server after all. Why should I have to buy some expensive 50k gold token and then wait an entire day to attack someone's mud hut?

No matter how you try and spin it the fact is that PVP in this game with this new patch has been watered down to the point it can no longer be truly called a PVP game. It's now basically PVE with the occasional battle. I didn't pay money for a PVE game and neither did thousands of others, that's why we're leaving and if you don't believe me check out the player counts. 

4 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

The issue is quite simple. You join a PVP sever, you come across a base with players in it running about ie they are clearly online. Why can't I attack it. It's a PVP server after all. Why should I have to buy some expensive 50k gold token and then wait an entire day to attack someone's mud hut?

No matter how you try and spin it the fact is that PVP in this game with this new patch has been watered down to the point it can no longer be truly called a PVP game. It's now basically PVE with the occasional battle. I didn't pay money for a PVE game and neither did thousands of others, that's why we're leaving and if you don't believe me check out the player counts. 

LOL Bye

Just now, Bullet Force said:

Wow. There is no spin, this game with the new rules are still very much PvP. You are literally just crying because you can not offline people. Now you are saying this can not even be called a PvP game? LOL ok. 

As I said, go. More will come back then leave. And now your using player count as evidence you have thousands with you? They announced the wipe weeks ago, of course the player count is nothing. Everyone is waiting for the wipe. Here let me give you evidence of the same sort, launch date- tens of thousands of players, wipe date announcement- just a few thousand. Know why? Because people do NOT like offlining. The end, full stop. You are in the minority.

9 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Wow. There is no spin, this game with the new rules are still very much PvP. You are literally just crying because you can not offline people. Now you are saying this can not even be called a PvP game? LOL ok. 

As I said, go. More will come back then leave. And now your using player count as evidence you have thousands with you? They announced the wipe weeks ago, of course the player count is nothing. Everyone is waiting for the wipe. Here let me give you evidence of the same sort, launch date- tens of thousands of players, wipe date announcement- just a few thousand. Know why? Because people do NOT like offlining. The end, full stop. You are in the minority.

As I said can you explain to me why players are not allowed to attack other players and their bases when they are online on a "PVP" server?

Its like every time you think this dude might finally understand. He fucking posts the same stupid shit again.

I think he is just trolling at this point. 

He cant be this dense. It has to be trolling. Otherwise how could he form words. He could not be that stupid and figure out how to make words appear on the screen could he?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

Its like every time you think this dude might finally understand. He fucking posts the same stupid shit again.

I think he is just trolling at this point. 

He cant be this dense. It has to be trolling. Otherwise how could he form words. He could not be that stupid and figure out how to make words appear on the screen could he?

This.

It might explain why he thinks the current system is so great. PvO is like trolling. So if he is just a troll, that would explain why he likes the current system, on the flip side if he really is this dense then perhaps he has trouble seeing why the current system is so terrible. So both theories seem to be valid options.

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

As I said can you explain to me why players are not allowed to attack other players and their bases when they are online on a "PVP" server?

OK Mr.Dense, let me draw you a picture so your third grade education can help you understand.

We want PvP.  Real PvP.  Big battles.  You whine that you and your zerg come across a few people online.  Big deal.  Some of us can put more hours into the game than others.  Just because me and 3 other people decide to stay on, outside of the vulnerability window, does not mean we can provide an adequate defense when the 100 man company comes for us, with most of their numbers, since this is a planned attack on their part.

This is a game.  We don't have professional armies, ready to answer the call when the base is attacked.  Thus, as games always have, they have to control the situation.  There has literally never been an open world game that has NO limitations save one, and it wasn't really a PvP game.  Strike that, even that game had limitations, as some people started PvPing, and so they created zones for PvP, and zones for PvE.  There are NO games without limitations.

People like me, we don't care if our boat gets sunk, or if our base gets destroyed.  We just want a fighting chance.  We want the PvP battle, with numbers that make some semblance of sense.  10 to 1, or even 4 to 1 is only going to end one way.  So where is the challenge in it.  You see, you out yourself time and again that you are NOT hardcore.  If I roll up on a base that has an ORP timer at 55 minutes, I am leaving.  Or I might sit there for a little while to see if they log back in.  You...Mr. Hardcore, only care about the destruction of the enemy, and want every advantage stacked in your favor.  You show how people have lost character.  There used to be a time when kids who were going to play a game, realized that teams needed to be as even as possible for it to be fun.  While it sucked to be chosen last all the time, it didn't suck as bad as always losing.  So everyone kept playing.

Today, young people only care about winning, to the point that they want every advantage stacked in their favor.  So to illustrate that to the ten friends who want to play a basketball game.  So the 5 best know who they are, and decide that their best chance is to group up on one team.  They roll the other 5, over and over and over.  After a few times of that, the 5 who are getting rolled, get the message, and so now when the other 5 suggest a ball game, they decline, and go do something else.  This is what your ilk do not understand.  People don't play games for your enjoyment, they play it for their own.  The most perfect game format will have the average players experience a 1 to 1 success-failure ratio.

You only care about yourself, which is why nobody likes you.

• Thanks 1