Sign in to follow this  
ODB930

NPC Crewmember disappeared, how to find him or dismiss?

I ordered an NPC gunner to leave the cannon ("unseat" command), he fell overboard into the water and soon disappeared. I tried to find him on the surface and underwater, then on the land (the ship was anchored), but failed everywhere. And who knows, maybe he is still considered as enlisted and gets gold from the resource box. If so, such a "phantom" is useless, and I don't want to pay him for null service.

So, it leads to some questions:

1) Could he be killed or eaten by local fauna? (but I got no death notification)

2) How can I find such a crewmember, where could he go and where to search?

3) Is there any kind of Crew Management screen, with the list of NPCs, their status, and so on?

4) Is it possible to dismiss an NPC? Either when he is in sight or when it's no chance to find him and return to base or ship?

5) Or is he retired automatically, if goes too far away?

Try to change zone with the ship. That often helps. Or whisle on him with "," if you didnt turn off groupcalling.

This got worse on the march update, i know we have 500+ AI been watching this on private servers with low populations. It is a fact others have been experiencing this problem. They will look like they are drifting off the ship. Some reports have been while on sails, some reports while on cannons but the majority of it is while being unseated. They do not show up at all until you finally see so and so has been killed. lately i have seen some messages not show up at all.

Wish a dev would comment on this for us, so we know what to do, or how to report it as a asap fix.

Thank you for the answers, I'll try it)

And generally, is it possible to dismiss an NPC? There could be many reasons for this.

1 hour ago, ODB930 said:

is it possible to dismiss an NPC? 

A Carbine works quite well.

20 minutes ago, ODB930 said:

Good advice, indeed :classic_biggrin:

...still looking for less radical solutions...

"E" to open Radial - Options - Unclaim   and npc or tame is gone.  only works when npc/tame is present though. abscent npcs will die or mutiny sooner or later

Oh, thanks :) Could miss this option because of too many sectors in radial menu :D

He could be floating in the air. I had this once with a NPC where he was floating 100m above sea level. Strangely, he would move with the ship. So if I were sailing away, he would fly with me 🙂