Sign in to follow this  
Salty Del

The shape of Atlas’ world.

I have figured out the shape the world of Atlas. Spoiler alert! It’s not a sphere.

It’s a *insert drumroll here* toroid!

For those of you who may not know, that’s the shape of a doughnut.

The poles are on the inner ring, and the equator is on the outer ring. This is how the poles wrap together and so do the east-west sides.

I haven’t figured out the movement of the sun in relation to Atlas, mostly because I’m far too efficient with my time to actually do the math (read too lazy to be bothered).

But, there you go! You can now plot your travels with confidence on our wonderful, sugar-coated, Dunkin’ Donuts world.

Edited by Salty Del
Autocorrect failure.
  • Like 2

Ah. I get it now! I was always wonder why do we have just one pole? : ))

(btw, in real sphere map there must be like 30 grids in equator and 6 near pole and hitting top borger tun you around and warp you to that same top border just half atlas east-west) : ))

2 minutes ago, KarmaComa said:

I thought the world was flat 😛

According to YouTube....

I truly hoped it was a disc shape, riding on the backs of four elephants, standing on the back of a giant turtle swimming through space.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

I truly hoped it was a disc shape, riding on the backs of four elephants, standing on the back of a giant turtle swimming through space.

Hehe another pratchett fan 👍, some of my bears or elephants I use for weight on follow is usually called 'luggage' in reference to discworld.

• Like 2

The plot thickens.....

This actually works out. At least in theory. See earlier comments on efficiency.

Ok, so we know that the core of Atlas creates a magnetic field, and that similar to Earth it has a North and South Pole. So we can make an assumption that the core is molten iron, which generates the magnetic fields that allows us to use a compass to find North and South.

The one problem that I had with my theory was if the poles are connected, how is one North and the other South?

Ah ha! Physics provides an answer. Sort of. I couldn’t find an exact answer in my efficient Google searching, but I did find what I deem to be close enough.

When you have an electric current flowing through a coil, an electromagnetic field is generated that basically wraps around the coil, flowing in one direction and returns to the center. This could explain why our compasses point North from the North and south poles, even though they’re connected. The flow of the iron jam flowing through the doughnut generates this current!

I’m now working on a theory that there is no sun, only two moons. Stay tuned for further developments!

Or don’t, because none of this really matters, it’s just the ramblings of a man who is currently bored and sometimes thinks too much for his own good.

PS: Yay science!

Edited by Salty Del
Forgot to add about the iron jam core creating the current that generates the EMF.

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Atlas is flat! Cant change my mind.

It could be flat and mirrored on both sides. This means that there are two versions of that exist at the same time, one on either side of the atlas, and when you pass beyond the edges of the world you exchange places with the other you.

Hmm. An interesting theory, but difficult to prove.

You may actually need three different worlds, flattened, in a triangle shape with the east-west borders touching. Travelling from north to south would be swapping positions between the inner and outer faces, and east-west would be changing to the next face.

This means that there are a total of six different versions of you at any one time, doing the exact same thing, with no knowledge of the others existences.

Very interesting.

5 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

It could be flat and mirrored on both sides. This means that there are two versions of that exist at the same time, one on either side of the atlas, and when you pass beyond the edges of the world you exchange places with the other you.

Hmm. An interesting theory, but difficult to prove.

alex jones was right. the interdimensional demon clockwork elves are behind the scene in control of the atlas! The atlas is a pain farm prison and the demons feed on your negative energy!!!! when you cross a grid the old you is consumed by the demons and they spit out a reflection of you to keep farming the pain!!!! its all just a simulation man. youre in the matrix

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

3 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

alex jones was right. the interdimensional demon clockwork elves are behind the scene in control of the atlas! The atlas is a pain farm prison and the demons feed on your negative energy!!!! when you cross a grid the old you is consumed by the demons and they spit out a reflection of you!!!! 

We do have creatures considered to be mythical in our world, so the possibility of demons existing is entirely possible.

I propose that we call these theoretical demons edge demons, since they exist only at the outer borders, or edges, of the world.

Edited by Salty Del
Another autocorrect failure. I know it means well, but it needs to stop changing what I’m actually typing correctly because it thinks it knows better. Maybe it’s the edge demons influence.....

6 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

We do have features considered to be mythical in our world, so the possibility of demons existing is entirely possible.

I propose that we call these theoretical demons edge demons, since they exist only at the outer borders, or edges, of the world.

need a special recipe that uses magic mushrooms and roots to make a DMT laced fruit cake to see the edge demons and a spyglass infused with epic lvl magic tarot card to absorb the demon energy, combat buffs to farm more pain

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

need a special recipe that using magic mushrooms and roots to make a DMT laced fruit cake to see the edge demons and a spyglass infused with epic lvl magic tarot card to absorb the demon energy

Well now you’re just talking crazy. Nobody would eat a fruitcake.

7 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

Well now you’re just talking crazy. Nobody would eat a fruitcake.

im a fruit cake bruh. I end up in ppls mouths alllll the time. 😉