Sign in to follow this  
Rayleigh

Piracy tree rework

Piracy rework, if you board a ship kill all enemy npcs and beds plus players you should be allowed to claim that boat in 30 mins for gally 20 for brig 15 for schooner and instantly for sloop plus allow crewmembers a limited in character weight for armor and weapons but allow the weight of that armor to no count towards boats total weight

id like to see it more beneficial to claim a boat rather then sinking it as that would add a new mechanic the naval combat that would be really fun and beneficial as a company moving forward

Should atleast be able to sail it away ( can not use guns or place more on it, original owner can see and track location) same time scale to give them the opportunity to go fight you for it... (PVP) maybe have a mechanic if you kill a company member of the boat it lowers the timer by a % of time remaining (alot of people come to take it back and get killed repeatedly (cause they failed) they also speed up the capture process (as a % of time remaining the timer would still have count down's but its a risk reward system for both sides)

have a range so if your near the boat and kill some one in range or you or them are on deck so it wont apply if you on the other side of a island it has to be in a range where they are trying to approach the boat, this prevents you from anchoring it in you bay (cant anchor in range of you island has to be in  a lawless or some thing, or far from any structure (structure radius) (IDK any ideas?)

Edited by PHaRTnONu

I'm interested, although with the new hype for making anchored ships harder to damage. How would you fit that in with stealing ships? 

Also, swivel gun npc's will be a huge issue. 

I feel like stealing a ship should still be difficult. But it would be good to see more reasons to cripple and board a ship rather than sinking it outright. It's easier to plunder a ship before it goes down!

I think a contested state would make a good addition. Keep the current timers to steal a ship. But after 20 minutes on the galleon without owners present, it becomes contested and all of the doors and containers are unlocked for pillage.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:55 AM, PHaRTnONu said:

Should atleast be able to sail it away ( can not use guns or place more on it, original owner can see and track location) same time scale to give them the opportunity to go fight you for it... (PVP) maybe have a mechanic if you kill a company member of the boat it lowers the timer by a % of time remaining (alot of people come to take it back and get killed repeatedly (cause they failed) they also speed up the capture process (as a % of time remaining the timer would still have count down's but its a risk reward system for both sides)

This right here, would be perfect, you should be able to sail it away!, that's all you'd need. 

Would be so much more fun trying to kill their crew then sail it off, would feel much more like stealing it, then if you have a protected place to take it, you could ACTUALLY CLAIM IT. That would be such a big improvement already. 

It would also allow you to crash someone else's ship tho, so make sure we make this not allowed in freeports. 

Making the ships claim fast and easy to loot, I feel like that will get exploited though, big tribe sneaks into your harbor then in less than 20 minutes is seiging your own base with your ships, that would get old. 

But being able to sail it away makes alot of since in terms of commandeering, and piracy, that's like exactly how it's done.

The jack sparrow trick he did to the navy would even work! You could bait them to a slower ship and steal their boosted sail faster ship! That would be soooooo badass!

I think I'll even make a separate suggestion for this!

Edited by Mike L
  • Like 1

I formulated an idea about this a few days ago.

If you like it, I would suggest to upvote this because its in the suggestion part of the forum

Edited by Kappinski

11 hours ago, Kappinski said:

I formulated an idea about this a few days ago.

If you like it, I would suggest to upvote this because its in the suggestion part of the forum

7 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i agree. stealing shit takes wayyyyy too long. 

13 hours ago, Mike L said:

This right here, would be perfect, you should be able to sail it away!, that's all you'd need. 

Would be so much more fun trying to kill their crew then sail it off, would feel much more like stealing it, then if you have a protected place to take it, you could ACTUALLY CLAIM IT. That would be such a big improvement already. 

It would also allow you to crash someone else's ship tho, so make sure we make this not allowed in freeports. 

Making the ships claim fast and easy to loot, I feel like that will get exploited though, big tribe sneaks into your harbor then in less than 20 minutes is seiging your own base with your ships, that would get old. 

But being able to sail it away makes alot of since in terms of commandeering, and piracy, that's like exactly how it's done.

The jack sparrow trick he did to the navy would even work! You could bait them to a slower ship and steal their boosted sail faster ship! That would be soooooo badass!

I think I'll even make a separate suggestion for this!

Try taking a look at my suggestion then guys: