Sign in to follow this  
Thor Ragnarock

Why does my Galleon begin sinking...

Why does my Galleon begin sinking when the upper 3 layers of planks get destroyed. Is there some magical force in this game where water can climb up the planks of a ship and pour into the ship? I think my Galleon ought to be able to lose the panels above the waterline and stay afloat just fine. I can understand maybe a very slow sinking rate if I lose the top panels and it's raining or very choppy seas. Same for the Brig the top panels sit above the waterline although a bit closer where they meet so I guess I can't argue heavily on this maybe a bit towards the top panels causing the sinking condition more slowly. They shouldn't cause the sinking condition at 25% health if anything just showing a yellow flashing X and then once the panel breaks the X goes red like it does and the sinking condiiton begins. Just my opinion though. Also would be nice if npcs could repair the ship if you come to a full stop while sailing. I mean I can repair the ship at sea, why can't they? 

Also does anyone know if npcs with buckets actually do anything to slow the sinking rate?

Haven't lost a ship to any of this just find it silly when out killing ghost ships that my panels up on the top decks start leaking and causing me to sink when they are well above the water line.

I always thought this was a major pain point as well. If the hole is above the water line, then you aren't sinking.

Haha, I can remember my first gally that lost the most highest plank of all to a red SoTD and I was really surprised I was sinking. It’s so stupid. It should be about aim and when you aim low, you get the best result for a quick sink. 

As for the balance, make it that planks define your ships health. Meaning there is no real advantage to having only low planks because I’m pretty sure when they would introduce that you only sink with planks below sea level, people will leave spots open to make some creative designs. 

• Like 2

Yea I agree you should need to replace the panel, maybe a timer before the ship starts taking health damage due to the panel being missing. I am not pushing for a Galleon with just the bottom layer or two of planks and the top decks all open for cannons which I guess could happen if they just remove the sinking condition, didn't think about that. but I do find it funny the ship sinks if a top plank is missing.

If it's any consolation, the ships don't instant drown either when a lower plank is missing. You want one without the other? 😄

It's still in works I guess, maybe they will add more mechanics to this, maybe not. 

You can open gunports without taking in water, but not lose the plank. game is just weird.