Sign in to follow this  
fgriasa

wtf server PATCH where is my Rhino

did you tame it shortly before the server went down?  Most server patches require the server to be restarted, and this frequently results in a small rollback.

It's okay I lost a high level rhino yesterday also.. came back from the server going down without warning to two tigers munching on him and there was nothing I could do. 

Just gotta scream a bit and move on get another one.

P.S. Sorry you lost your rhino though🙁

i did see rhino charging with no rider and it was battling the crock and crock won but another elephant with no rider again killed it so dont know if it was yours 

Yes these things happen unfortunately, all I ask from the devs is please give us more time when doing these things. I know "sometimes" we get the message "We are doing a server update in x" but they should be doing this for every update and they don't.

Many times the server has gone down for an update without prior notice and if I knew beforehand I would have stopped what I was doing well before. 

Lost 3 bears, 2 sheep, 1 caw, 1 monkey and 5 chicken   - all my tames - between Sunday and Yesterday ...

All of them behind stone walls and on stone foundation!

Not a fun game... basically lost 5 weeks of progress in the 2 min of a patch install.

I've lost 3 bears that have glitched off the boat when I've taken a shot from an SOtD, 1 Horse that fell through the foundation and drowned in the shallow water under my animal pen, and 4 rhinos that I've tamed on 3 separate occasions have all died within 24 hours while everyone was logged off and they were tucked away in the pen.

Animals in Early Access are expendable.  Don't worry about making sure it's "the one" and of an appropriate level ... because odds are it'll die before to long.