Sign in to follow this  
Chett

Giving White Knights and Trolls some fodder, before i vanish from these forum.

So, where is my promised "journey of your lifetime" ? *smile*

I wouldnt rate the game as bad as it is on steam, but at max 60%. Nothing rly new here, nothing innovative, a lot of not well thought mechanics, a lot of loveless mechanics, a lot of extreme EA stuff that could have been avoided, if they didnt rushed it out so early, a lot of cheating, griefing, exploiting, cuz people already knew to do so, cuz of Ark (and devs learned so much from the past? *smile*), also a lot things that dont make any sense at all.

I liked when they told me in the patch notes, that patch X improved my performance by 8% and in reality i never felt a difference since day 1. Lawless still lag af when 30 people are around (and the huge number of buildings) - 30...mmo...?...!. My FPS are the same since day one and sometimes i think, that little of balancing they did in 7 weeks could have done by one guy just tweaking a few variables.

They dont communicate with us here in these forums, beside of Jat and its also not that very often (yesterday he might be drunk and in a good mood *smile*), but he is a salesman and i dont trust those very much, when they tell, or promise things they will have a look at, or for future plans. *waves*

They lied to me. Its not a journey of my lifetime. Its more like "looking a lifetime for a journey".

I think, i am gonna wait for PixAtlas to throw more money at them - ofc not *hrrr*

Now let the flamewar begin, i am out *smile*

Edited by Chett
  • Like 2

I gave you a like, not because I agree with all you said, but because they're reasonable criticisms and the phrase "loveless mechanics", which seems spot on.  There's nothing that generates awe or surprise or humor in it.  To be fair, that's the same for all the new games lately, so Atlas isn't alone.

Well, hope springs eternal.

43 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I gave you a like, not because I agree with all you said, but because they're reasonable criticisms and the phrase "loveless mechanics", which seems spot on.  There's nothing that generates awe or surprise or humor in it.  To be fair, that's the same for all the new games lately, so Atlas isn't alone.

Well, hope springs eternal.

Agreed there is much criticism that is fair and on target. Jat should not even be in the position of being primary point of contact with the playerbase, he’s just the guy who was willing to do it because his bosses didn’t hire a full time person the way they should have. For that I am grateful for his efforts but he’s still stuck in a situation that should not exist. The only thingI will take issue with is the idea you should expect “the journey of a lifetime” this early on the process. There are definately initial design decisions that do not show good judgement or lessons learned from Ark but I think the journey that is happening now is the journey of development, and for all its flaws I’m still having fun. Your post makes it clear you are not, and when that is the case leaving is prudent.

Perhaps if things improve we may look forward to your return somewhere further along the journey, but in event I wish you well and whatever you’re playing may the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.