Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Kessel

Problems

Hi, I have the problem that since the last patch, on Wednesday, my Atlas is totally CPU heavy! It takes a long time to start and if it works, it runs totally laggie. To start it at all, I have to start it in low mamory mode. It sucks!! Are there any more here who have this or similar problems? Or even a solution for th

I laso have issues since this patch. Sometimes i got lagspikes, even if i am alone in my grid. Not that bad, that i cant play. But for me the performance got worse since this patch (also graphic glitches).

And i run a pretty common system I7 6700k, 1080gtx, 32gb. SSD.

and now?

For me it has become unplayable it just jerks .... it did not do anything before the patch !!!!
That annoys me sooo gross !!!!!

Whats with all the text highlighting? It sounds like your issue is related to your comp rather then the game in general. Maybe time for an upgrade?

Maybe try to reinstall. Not a nice option and time consuming, but...if u want to play, i would try everything that might help.

No, everything is up to date! And that's with the marker because that's copied from the google translated. Because I am German.

Yes ..... unfortunately I have already reinstalled and tested it unfortunately has not helped: .- (

Its not the up to date thing. I might be, that something went wrong while/with patching the last time.

Stop highlighting, pls. Ernsthaft. Probier nen reinstall. Die Patches sind manchmal etwas "messed up".

Es gibt threads wo manche 270 mb, ich 1gb und manche 9gb downloaden und installieren mussten. Probiers einfach, mehr kann ich dir nicht anbieten.

Edited by Chett

51 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Given that you are almost the only person experiencing this, it means the issue is 99.9% likely on your end. 

I may be having this problem too.  It's hard to tell because it's always been laggy off and on for me, but  there's a definite increase in graphics lag, where it takes a lot more time for the graphics to draw in when I respawn, and where mobs suddenly appear very closely sometimes (including SOTD).  Turning around is lagged as my comp attempts to read in the graphics, etc.

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

I may be having this problem too.  It's hard to tell because it's always been laggy off and on for me, but  there's a definite increase in graphics lag, where it takes a lot more time for the graphics to draw in when I respawn, and where mobs suddenly appear very closely sometimes (including SOTD).  Turning around is lagged as my comp attempts to read in the graphics, etc.

Understood, but long experience in gaming with games that have regular updating like MMO's has taught that when there is an update, unless large numbers of people are complaining of issues like this, they nearly inevitably wind up being an issue originating with the user's hardware or software. Sometimes the update pushes a particular component past a point where it could function without issue, and the update causes the issue to manifest, but unless large numbers of players are reporting having the issue, the chances are overwhelming that the core problem lies in user hardware or software.

It's not just you. My wife's PC is having the same issue and I've been trying to resolve it.

It's an ASUS laptop with a GeForce GTX 960M. It played fine before the patch, but now it's very laggy. Even after I got the framerate back up to almost normal.

I've updated drivers, set the GeForce GTX 960M as the default video card in case it was trying to use the Intel HD, removed all of the settings so it reverted to default, and verified local files. It's better, but still borderline unplayable with the lag.

Has the beta GPU performance patch been updated for the new version? Last time I tried it, it was still in version 17.

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Understood, but long experience in gaming with games that have regular updating like MMO's has taught that when there is an update, unless large numbers of people are complaining of issues like this, they nearly inevitably wind up being an issue originating with the user's hardware or software. Sometimes the update pushes a particular component past a point where it could function without issue, and the update causes the issue to manifest, but unless large numbers of players are reporting having the issue, the chances are overwhelming that the core problem lies in user hardware or software.

Well, I'd agree with that based on <mumble> years of professional experience with it.   Two points though - 

It may be that an update has done something that only affects certain types of hardware.  If the hardware config is supported, it's still a game issue.

I'm not sure how small the numbers of people affected are, since many don't use the forums at all, but I've seen a number of threads complaining about different things that actually could be this same issue.  The last thread complaining about SOTD had some people swearing there was no problem with them spawning too close, it was ridiculously easy to get away, etc., while others swore the opposite.  That's what got me wondering about this issue in the first place.  It could be that the problem is also limited to certain zones as well.  Makes me wonder if their hardware configs and settings are all the same.

Actually, reading the 18.6 patch notes again, they disabled certain .ini settings that disabling could give players an unfair advantage in PvP.

If people with lower spec hardware were using these settings to improve their gameplay, this may be what’s causing the performance loss.