Sign in to follow this  
phelysarrian

Remove freaking stupid bola

WTF, I cannot feed my bear the only option I get is remove the stupid bola!?! not to mention that I get bashed during the process of checking all angles to feed ... Had to make a bed at the trap 

I do not want to remove the bola you donkeys!!!!!

Keep having my bear taming reset on bola that I do not want to remove... so annoying

You can also try crouching and maybe putting some points into the Sneaking skills. I cannot say definitively, but it does seem to help me.

They patched this a few weeks back./ If the bears head is going through the wall you wont be able to feed it.  You need direct access to the head and mouth to be able feed for taming.

Patch v15.1

- Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.
- Prevented some creatures from not being able to be tamed if they are clipped too far into terrain or structures.

Coming from the back of the head works well and have some one punch the bear only one time when it thrashes helps too 

On 2/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, phelysarrian said:

WTF, I cannot feed my bear the only option I get is remove the stupid bola!?! not to mention that I get bashed during the process of checking all angles to feed ... Had to make a bed at the trap 

I do not want to remove the bola you donkeys!!!!!

Keep having my bear taming reset on bola that I do not want to remove... so annoying

Are you looking for help or trying to report a bug or just venting, because you're pretty vague on the details one way or the other. I can tell you that I was able to open tame a bear this weekend, which, while a bit of a pain in the *** was entirely manageable. When you're feeding you should be able to feed from just behind their elbow. 

If you're trap taming and the bear's head is clipped through a wall you're not going to be able to feed it. If it's your trap you need to demolish the walls and use doorways instead, for future reference. 

We also tried taming a giraffe this weekend and if you want an exercise in frustration give that a shot. They can literally hit anywhere in a 360-degree arc around their body, even if it would be physically impossible. I think we died about 8 times each before we gave up on that little ****show of a taming process. So kudos to anyone who has managed to pull that off, if there's a trick to it we couldn't find it.