Sign in to follow this  
Omgthisnamesux

Tundra Changes did nothing...

Cold on Tundra still wrecks you, and if it rains... oh you're screwed.  Now, I understand there's Fur armor to potentially help with that - but Fur armor requires Organic...... which requires Coral or Saps to make... neither can be found on Tundra.

I think that at this point it is best to start in the temperate or tropical regions. This game has a very heavy survival aspect in it. You won't be doing any true pirating until after several hours of gameplay if you are playing with friends. If you are going at it solo, then it will be a real grind.

3 minutes ago, whatwhat Stormrider said:

I think that at this point it is best to start in the temperate or tropical regions. This game has a very heavy survival aspect in it. You won't be doing any true pirating until after several hours of gameplay if you are playing with friends. If you are going at it solo, then it will be a real grind.

"The harder the grind, the tougher the pirate"

- STERLING STONEGATE

4 minutes ago, whatwhat Stormrider said:

yeah great places to start... one of the islands I started on there was stock full of crocs and zero trees so no way to get off oh and food was super scarce too so if more than 1 player = not enough

Let's clarify that in a situation with extreme server instability - beggars can't be choosers.  Many people simply sailed out of newbie hometowns because they were so trashed and landed on the first island they could find.  Yes, many spam guilds or well organized teams made it to more hospitable areas - but for their to be wolves, there must be sheep.

Second, there's absolutely no benefit or balance to Tundra environments - there are no rare resources, no abundance of any particular resource, no rare animals... literally nothing.  At least Conan was aware enough to add rare resources in the Tundra environments.  Within Atlas though, you can't go out at night or you'll die from weather, you can't go out during the day if it's raining or you'll die from weather.... there's no Saps, there's no Corals... so most of the skilltree is completely useless to you (Medkits, Fur Armors etc..).

I'm honestly not understanding the point of Tundra at all - harsher environment, for less reward.

Edited by Omgthisnamesux

So I for one feel they nerfed the weather in the tundra too far....

I worked hard to get my fur and now I don't even need it!!!

Please give us the old temperatures back, and stop catering to the lazy people!