liano

Starting to see the server optimisations effects

ping is great, not 200 anymore

weapon switching is responsive, doors too, it feels good

BhYvLNw.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

UR doin it rong. 

Everything here is supposed to be yelled in all caps with excessive amounts of punctuation.

Also, regardless of what you're reporting, you should be mad about it for some reason.

We will expect adherence to accepted form in future posts. That is all. Carry on.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

And to point to another possible reason it 'feels' better:

Connected Players: 3

you are a fine observer, sir 🍸

I laughed really hard I wasn't sure if he was trying to be sarcastic and point out how few people were on the server or was being serious. Get 60 people on it, let me know if the ping and smoothness remains. Then put 150 and tell me again. I am betting it has more to due with the people... but it's hard to compare without comparing a server a few versions ago vs now with identical everything side by side. I am sure there is some optimization going on but I doubt your low ping has to entirely do to just optimizations and is more likely due to the load.

I sail more than ever into structures and ships that loads after I have hit them. And the ship/structure loading is looking more and more immersion breaking. Planks loading 1 by 1, tames suspended in air etc at distance.

The servers are supposed to be able to hold 180 people if everyone is evenly distributed. So lets say 250 per tile. Right now it can maybe do 50. The joy of virtualized servers sharing the same host. The funny part is, if the game ran dedicated on the hosts that host the VMs. It would be much better.

Edited by Shintai

2 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I laughed really hard I wasn't sure if he was trying to be sarcastic and point out how few people were on the server or was being serious. 

I... umm... I think he was being sarcastic.:classic_unsure:

Hi, I'm sorry but with only three people on the server, everything will be fine. Try to join any server with 50+ players then we see. 

Just now, Eliximus said:

Hi, I'm sorry but with only three people on the server, everything will be fine. Try to join any server with 50+ players then we see. 

Umm... to translate his sarcasm, now that I get it... Wildcard's method of server optimization is to chase people away from the game... get it?

(I love sarcasm... damned nice one btw.)

• Like 2

I had a feeling it was sarcasm, but nothing in his post hinted he was actually being sarcastic. You know like *sarcasm* since typed words lack inflection.