Sign in to follow this  
Orionadie

wtf 20 Day Claim Flag

WTF - I was waiting for a claim was down to just hours you guys put in a new patch and now its up to 20 days. The guy has not even been on in weeks WTF. They should have waited longer to make sure all the new areas opened due to removing quit people had been basically reclaimed now we have to wait another 3 weeks to try and claim their land.

You guys really screwed us again.

Good. It should be 20+ days. This is a game, people have real life issues, health problems, vacations, holidays, work, etc. You're lucky I'm not a dev, I would make it much harder to steal peoples land. I would also make it much harder for them to retain it if they were gone for an extended period of time. In other words, you don't get to log on for 5 mins every 20 days and keep your land. You have to earn it. Or at least, that's how I would do it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

yes, I have been looking for land for days- pretty much living on lawless, we were hoping to get some good land because of the removal of bodies of people whom have left the gama.

But now all those people whom have left their claims are up to 20 days and they are not even playing. But yes the more claims you have the harder it should be to hold them tthus people get to be PIRATES - as this is a PIRATE game and can steal their claim. They should have left the open benches but locked boxes and so that we still have some thieving in the game thus getting to be PIRATES. Without having to deal with the hardcore screw you PVP server.

7 minutes ago, Orionadie said:

WTF - I was waiting for a claim was down to just hours you guys put in a new patch and now its up to 20 days. The guy has not even been on in weeks WTF. They should have waited longer to make sure all the new areas opened due to removing quit people had been basically reclaimed now we have to wait another 3 weeks to try and claim their land.

You guys really screwed us again.

Weird, because for the last 3 days, its been 48 hr declaim for everyone, no matter the number of flags. Our island saw a good amount of flag turnover over since Wednesday, and the timers consistently reset to 48 hours every time someone was on. People who hadn't been on for 48 hrs before Wednesdays patch lost everything as soon as the patch happened, with a few who had been on 36 hrs before losing it all on Wednesday night.

If the claim still had an active timer, the owner must have been on sometime recently, if only for a few minutes.

Not a single flag I have checked has had less than 19 days since the patch. This includes flags for companies that have 50+ flags. One had 175 flags, and still had a 20 day inactivity timer on it.  One of the flags I was watching during the 2 day inactivity timer period now has a 20 day inactivity timer after the patch with 60+ flags. The idea was good....but execution needs work. I'm still stuck with zero flags and have been searching consistently for the past week.

Edited by ThunderGod97

Sure I'm fine with the 20 day, hope lawless got 20 days also cause I go on holidays too, if not I guess I'll start crying all over the forums how its not fair and boo fkn hooooo all day long until I get my candy coated way.

Pax, I don't see how this system will stop or punish flag spamming, as others have pointed out people with 60+ claims now have 20-day protection.  I don't see how it will make them spend all there time upkeeping because ever claim I've seen all the way up to one with 80+ had 20-day protection. I've only heard of one person who now has 4 days and he has 50+ but he's the only one I've seen posts about this change.  I want the system to work like that and maybe it because the one I looked had at had a large membership but I don't even know if membership plays a role. If it does they need to make sure only active member count.  I think the current system will make it impossible for new players to get land.

3 minutes ago, TheSeer said:

Pax, I don't see how this system will stop or punish flag spamming, as others have pointed out people with 60+ claims now have 20-day protection.  I don't see how it will make them spend all there time upkeeping because ever claim I've seen all the way up to one with 80+ had 20-day protection. I've only heard of one person who now has 4 days and he has 50+ but he's the only one I've seen posts about this change.  I want the system to work like that and maybe it because the one I looked had at had a large membership but I don't even know if membership plays a role. If it does they need to make sure only active member count.  I think the current system will make it impossible for new players to get land.

my neigbor has 6 day timer , so all these players who claim to see 80+ flags with 20 days timers is imo rubbish ,

22 minutes ago, UDO said:

my neigbor has 6 day timer , so all these players who claim to see 80+ flags with 20 days timers is imo rubbish ,

Would you like screenshots of all the companies I see with 50+ flags and 20+ inactivity timers? I can post an imgur album if you like. I haven't seen anything less than 19 days since the patch hit.

Edited by ThunderGod97

We got 40+ flags and still have a two week timer.

Also the timer has been 48 hours for a long time. 17k positive and 155k negative timer is in-fact 48 hours. 

Edited by Xyio

3 hours ago, Orionadie said:

yes, I have been looking for land for days- pretty much living on lawless, we were hoping to get some good land because of the removal of bodies of people whom have left the gama.

But now all those people whom have left their claims are up to 20 days and they are not even playing. But yes the more claims you have the harder it should be to hold them tthus people get to be PIRATES - as this is a PIRATE game and can steal their claim. They should have left the open benches but locked boxes and so that we still have some thieving in the game thus getting to be PIRATES. Without having to deal with the hardcore screw you PVP server.

Pirates are cool and all but grapeshot should open the door to more than just pirates. Theres skins to be an officer and now skins for what looks like indian and orient style for armor. A little versatility in this game would definitely attract more people to play than just claiming it a pure pirate game. Lots of people arent even specced in any piracy and rather spend their points elsewhere. 

I was offline the night they deployed this change and immediately lost my entire base in spite of being active otherwise. I'm now locked in my own base by it's new owners with a 20 day timer to take it back. Giving players more time to hold territory is a great idea but honestly this backfired terribly.

I check out the claims again and there are huge differences between the Upkeep timer (white word you see when trying to place the flag) and the PVE Expiration timer on the other person flag. I wonder if this is a bug, the question is when the PVE timer Expires will we be able to claim the land or will the upkeep flag prevent players from claiming land.