Sign in to follow this  
DevinStorm

My Opinion!!!

K so here is my take on the game so far. The survival portion of this game is way to harsh. The whole keeping up vitamin levels, hunger,  and hydration is way to much and takes away from the game. Suggestion get rid of the whole vitamin thing that is straight trash, its ok to worry about hunger and hydration but I don't want to waste 80% of the game farming for just certain food to keep my vitamin lvls up. Next I know at some point you will have the added quests IE; hunting for treasure chests and going thru dungeons and what not, but as of right now it feels like a Ark DLC. (basically ark islands with a ton of water) Suggestion post a road map of when the added quests or whatever you want to call them will be added, we need more transparency. The launch was bad but not as bad as say Ark when you first launched that in early access or Conan Exiles only difference there was WAY more hype for this game and WAY higher expectations due to the trailer. Last I love the concept and like most I was hyped because of the TRAILER now would be the time for devs and community leads to lay down a road map to get the game to the trailer point. The gaming community is so ready for a game just like the trailer and I know that there is a plan for at least 2 years of development (early access) to get the game to that point but we need a road map and pace plan. I know I'm just a small time streamer and what not but I have a lot of experience with pushing planned events and communications, if you would like to talk more let me know I'm not that far from your HQ in Seattle. (I would love to sit down and help you lay out a pace plan/road map free of charge)

• Like 1

It's a blob, but it's a constructive opinion. I think with the release right on the toes of the holidays- things like full blown communication, roadmaps and the like will definitely start to pop up after the new year. Right now they are in damage control; scrambling to make the product playable/stable enough for the masses before Christmas (which happens to be tomorrow! 🙂 ).

I have a feeling as scurvy & other sea diseases were a well known issue during the bucaneering era, it was a way to depict you were a seafaring person- and the need for vitamin C to stave off those diseases was more prominent for you than some worthless landlubber! It was also a way to balance the abuse of eating nothing but berries for the rest of your life 😛

I agree that they could maybe tweak biological demands down a notch.

• Thanks 1

Pretty easy to find a wide variety of food solo, much less in a company. And with cooking food it only gets easier, same with digging for water. Part of it is teamwork and another part is "realism" cant be sprinting around all day chopping down trees and only eating strawberries now can ya 🙂

But I do expect many qol changes coming soon! Just keep plugging along mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Pretty easy to find a wide variety of food solo, much less in a company. And with cooking food it only gets easier, same with digging for water. Part of it is teamwork and another part is "realism" cant be sprinting around all day chopping down trees and only eating strawberries now can ya 🙂

But I do expect many qol changes coming soon! Just keep plugging along mate!

Teach and Goldfish,

I feel you both but there is so many other things you could do instead, for instance instead of just eating just strawberries you can cook certain foods to give you different boosts.

6 minutes ago, Teach said:

It's a blob, but it's a constructive opinion. I think with the release right on the toes of the holidays- things like full blown communication, roadmaps and the like will definitely start to pop up after the new year. Right now they are in damage control; scrambling to make the product playable/stable enough for the masses before Christmas (which happens to be tomorrow! 🙂 ).

I have a feeling as scurvy & other sea diseases were a well known issue during the bucaneering era, it was a way to depict you were a seafaring person- and the need for vitamin C to stave off those diseases was more prominent for you than some worthless landlubber! It was also a way to balance the abuse of eating nothing but berries for the rest of your life 😛

I agree that they could maybe tweak biological demands down a notch.

The realism would be keeping the hunger and hydration portion of the GAME. We want to be pirates not pirates eating constantly and worrying about eating our vitamins (Hulk Hogan voice) BROTHER. 

Agree about the hunger/hydration/vitamins being a bit too harsh atm but I'm sure they have and will hear that a lot and make changes along the way as they did with Ark EA, lots of bumps in the road and a few really really wrong turns but at the end of the day they pulled it off.

The problem I see with a road map is the toxic world of REEEEEEEEEE that we live in now, they lay out a rough plan and every small change made will be more OMG YOU PROMISED, LIARS  blah blah blah, you know the routine. It's a lose lose for them anymore, don't say anything = terrible communication , tell everyone a general direction you want to take development = broken promises and lies.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DevinStorm said:

Teach and Goldfish,

I feel you both but there is so many other things you could do instead, for instance instead of just eating just strawberries you can cook certain foods to give you different boosts.

The realism would be keeping the hunger and hydration portion of the GAME. We want to be pirates not pirates eating constantly and worrying about eating our vitamins (Hulk Hogan voice) BROTHER. 

Agree with this. Ofcourse later in the game you will have plenty of all the vitamines but even then it shouldn’t play that big of a role. They could try to reduce the depletion a bit, just to test things out. General food and water drainage is fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kanwulf said:

Agree about the hunger/hydration/vitamins being a bit too harsh atm but I'm sure they have and will hear that a lot and make changes along the way as they did with Ark EA, lots of bumps in the road and a few really really wrong turns but at the end of the day they pulled it off.

The problem I see with a road map is the toxic world of REEEEEEEEEE that we live in now, they lay out a rough plan and every small change made will be more OMG YOU PROMISED, LIARS  blah blah blah, you know the routine. It's a lose lose for them anymore, don't say anything = terrible communication , tell everyone a general direction you want to take development = broken promises and lies.

A valid counter-argument. I agree to starting listing the more ambitious ideas they have may be a red flag- but I don't think a roadmap covering the impending/near future could hurt. No timeframes, no promises- just "this is what we're working on now, what we have coming physically down the pipe", etc.

• Like 2