Sign in to follow this  
sand man

One Claim for one person, but make claim bigger.

Everyone need space to build homes and ships, but there is never enough land due to players Claiming lots of land, so 1 claim for each person would be fair and make the claim area bigger....job done

• Like 1

Want to expand?

Look for your current neighbor (Act quick)- See if they left their bodies outside. If so, you are on your path of glory.

Get a wild animal to attack the player. Then go sick their ships. Yes, this works in PVE. Once ships are gone in the area, no one can spawn over. (Easier to pick on the smaller groups).

And now check on the wild animal to see if he had a hearty meal. Now with player gone= no contesting. Place a claim flag. Pray no one else runs around harvesting. Land is yours in 6.5hrs if lucky. More realistically 11-16hrs.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, sand man said:

Everyone need space to build homes and ships, but there is never enough land due to players Claiming lots of land, so 1 claim for each person would be fair and make the claim area bigger....job done

Here's a quote from Jeremy Stieglitz, one of the co-founders of Grapeshot -  "We hope that players will feel they benefit from being feudal lords and having serfs, and not just trying to murder everyone they see."

Considering the confusion of this game adding in both galleons and plate mail, it becomes obvious they're not recreating our history but making their own.  But, feudalism did exist in our history at the time that plate was used. Which means, feudalism would sorta be period correct.

Now, Here's the problem. Everyone envisions themselves as lords and nobody wants to be a serf. 

I currently have no problem with the claim system. Reason being? I too envision myself as a lord and I have worked HARD to head in that direction.  I started solo with a raft, 1 claim and a 2x2 shanty on a wolf & vulture infested frozen tundra beach. And that was two weeks after the game launched so I didn't exactly get a head start.  I now have 20 claims.  I've built a castle, a sloop, a schooner, a stables, a wharf, piers and a taming pen. I set up public crafting tables and an 'inn' where I'll feed you for free if you need. I have recently recruited a number of players into my company which I consider to be more partners and crew than serfs.  I have established relations with a number of other companies and many now know me by name. I have made allies with others and have been invited to build outposts on their claims.  I have traders coming to me from 5 grids away because I was able to take an island barren of unique resources, use what the game gave me, and turn it into something others desire.  Last night, we loaded up our tames and took both our cargo brigantine and our cargo schooner into a polar region to gather metal and penguins. We are expanding our stables and building new crews quarters so that each member has a safe place to stable their own personal horse and a private room for their personal possessions. In the coming days and weeks we'll begin construction of our combat brig and then, our galleon. I told the crew the other day, I'd love to one day call each of them 'governor' (one objected and insisted on the title of 'Admiral').  And yes, I'm looking to recruit more to join us.

My point is this: While I have bitched about a lot of the things I see wrong with this game, not once have I asked the dev's to hand me everything on a silver platter (Stop beating me over the head with a mallet, yes. Silver platter, no).  I say again, I have worked HARD to get where I am and I'm going to continue to work hard to keep my crew happy. I'm proud of what I have accomplished and I'm proud of what my crew is helping us accomplish. If you are willing to put forth the effort and forge your own destiny in this game and become that feudal lord then the claim system will reward you.  If you're waiting for this game to hand you a claim without effort, then feel free to seek me out. I will give you a scythe, a cow and a few maize seeds as that's all that serfs like you deserve.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Here's a quote from Jeremy Stieglitz, one of the co-founders of Grapeshot -  "We hope that players will feel they benefit from being feudal lords and having serfs, and not just trying to murder everyone they see."

Considering the confusion of this game adding in both galleons and plate mail, it becomes obvious they're not recreating our history but making their own.  But, feudalism did exist in our history at the time that plate was used. Which means, feudalism would sorta be period correct.

Now, Here's the problem. Everyone envisions themselves as lords and nobody wants to be a serf. 

I currently have no problem with the claim system. Reason being? I too envision myself as a lord and I have worked HARD to head in that direction.  I started solo with a raft, 1 claim and a 2x2 shanty on a wolf & vulture infested frozen tundra beach. And that was two weeks after the game launched so I didn't exactly get a head start.  I now have 20 claims.  I've built a castle, a sloop, a schooner, a stables, a wharf, piers and a taming pen. I set up public crafting tables and an 'inn' where I'll feed you for free if you need. I have recently recruited a number of players into my company which I consider to be more partners and crew than serfs.  I have established relations with a number of other companies and many now know me by name. I have made allies with others and have been invited to build outposts on their claims.  I have traders coming to me from 5 grids away because I was able to take an island barren of unique resources, use what the game gave me, and turn it into something others desire.  Last night, we loaded up our tames and took both our cargo brigantine and our cargo schooner into a polar region to gather metal and penguins. We are expanding our stables and building new crews quarters so that each member has a safe place to stable their own personal horse and a private room for their personal possessions. In the coming days and weeks we'll begin construction of our combat brig and then, our galleon. I told the crew the other day, I'd love to one day call each of them 'governor' (one objected and insisted on the title of 'Admiral').  And yes, I'm looking to recruit more to join us.

REDACTED

My point is this: While I have bitched about a lot of the things I see wrong with this game, not once have I asked the dev's to hand me everything on a silver platter (Stop beating me over the head with a mallet, yes. Silver platter, no).  I say again, I have worked HARD to get where I am and I'm going to continue to work hard to keep my crew happy. I'm proud of what I have accomplished and I'm proud of what my crew is helping us accomplish. If you are willing to put forth the effort and forge your own destiny in this game and become that feudal lord then the claim system will reward you.  If you're waiting for this game to hand you a claim without effort, then feel free to seek me out. I will give you a scythe, a cow and a few maize seeds as that's all that serfs like you deserve.

*wrestles Jean to the ground and stuffs a towel in his mouth*

*whispers* “what’re you doing man?”

*looks up* Oh.  Uh....hi folks

Nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  What Jean meant to say is that he’s enjoying Atlas even though it can be a lot of hard work. He hopes others are finding their ingame labors rewarding as well. Silver platters bad, earning it the old fashioned way good, you get the gist. 

Just want to clarify that Jean is certainly not engaged in open recruiting. He would never do anything like that and offers of maize, scythe, etc should be regarded as hypothetical and for illustrative purposes only.  He may or may not be engaged in cooperative efforts with other like minded individuals and nothing in his previous posts should be regarded as any sort of legally binding offer.

As always, transmission or rebroadcast of this copywrited presentation without the express permission of Major League Baseball is prohibited. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for. You don’t need to see his identification. Go about your business.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Greyleaf said:

Have the changes to the claiming system actually made a difference?

Guess that depends on what difference you're referring to.