Sign in to follow this  
Talono

1 guy with 1 cannon = stone superfortress down in 2 minutes

No, it is not a whining threat but reality. My victims can have no base and i can have no base.

a) wood foundation with a normal cannon in front of enemy huge stone base

b) 2 minutes fire

c) stone base down

You can test yourself, this is no fun but trash.

I'm personally ok with this. Maybe megas will start taking casualties and the game will stop being ez mode for them, while smaller companies' focus will shift towards preferring mobile bases over having land and grapeshot will notice it and give us the much needed freeport protection.

12 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I'm personally ok with this. Maybe megas will start taking casualties and the game will stop being ez mode for them, while smaller companies' focus will shift towards preferring mobile bases over having land and grapeshot will notice it and give us the much needed freeport protection.

building is still fun and i doubt small or big a lot would want to skip this all together. also small companies take way longer to get back up on their feed...having easy offline raiding possible doesn't help anyone. also what is described here is more a problem for lawless areas 😛

i for one would still appreciate it if a base was hard to take and not worth the offline raid out of weird sense of fun but should only be a reasonable target if you really want to wipe someone off an island or are in war with an alliance so it should also cost quite a lot of ressources to wipe a base. sure you should be able to attack harbours and sink ships to do eco damage but not to wipe a base while sailing by.

i personally also think that the everyday pvp could get a boost if there would also be some sort of conquerable POI's like forts/bays/lighthouses that grant a bonus to the ones who hold it (including allies) or ressources when conquered with vulnurability timers where they can be attacked by someone else.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xenom said:

building is still fun and i doubt small or big a lot would want to skip this all together

They'll have to start skipping it anyway when the megas will take over every little bit of claimable land. And it's ok. Megas need to start wiping eachother, that won't happen until there is no more easy targets left and wiping even a small company can take a few days.

Edited by LaiTash

well this game is built around sailing and battle on sea so building large bases should be a small part and piracy as you have experienced is the main part i gues...

Edited by Wichtelman

If they could just add the base metal to make alloys I could really ramp up my ramshackle raider game on freeports. Atm you have to sail to a nearby island out of the freeport to get metal to make alloy for cannons. But yea you can wreak a lot of havoc if you can find a base with people offline. Even the megas will slowly have dropout from boredom from having nothing left to attack or do and their will be more and more gaps in people being online for them too and offline raiding will get them too. Should band together and have a ramshackle raider alliance for this.