Sign in to follow this  
Atlantian

11 out of top 12 servers by population in PvE are Lawless

I'd like to add my voice to those that enjoy the lawless areas far more than claimed and if anything would want it to be expanded rather than scrapped. Claimed land areas are practically barren of people and interaction. Lawless on the other hand are vibrant areas in my experience. We have many great people on my grid, chat can be very lively and there is land opening up all the time for newbies to find a place to call home.

Please devs, don't even consider messing with or removing lawless, ppl asking for it just want to take a large area for themselves and exclude others - if they want to engage in the politics of claimed areas then there is plenty available to them and they should use politics to gain a foothold there, not expect new areas to open up so they can get in before anyone else.

We, the PVE lawless, are happy to live close to others, with no rules, rent or taxation - just enjoying the game.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

I'd like to add my voice to those that enjoy the lawless areas far more than claimed and if anything would want it to be expanded rather than scrapped. Claimed land areas are practically barren of people and interaction. Lawless on the other hand are vibrant areas in my experience. We have many great people on my grid, chat can be very lively and there is land opening up all the time for newbies to find a place to call home.

That I definitely agree with. 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

The only aspect that I think is good about the claim system is you don’t have people spaming random foundations all over the damn plce preventing people from building. I’m not sure how they fix this. Just wish people could not be turds.

The one(possible) solution might work for atlas but it definitely wouldn’t have worked for ark since all they would have to do is run around there island is proximity reset timers.

the thing is it would still make it to where people could have as whole island but by making it to where you can’t just simply log in to reset timers.

by doing this if they wanted multiple islands to just control and keep people from building, they would have to actually sail to all of their islands and get within a close range to any of their foundations.

some die hard pve trolls might go through that, but a lot of normal people wouldn’t see that as being worth it wasting their whole day trying to keep all of their timers reset. 

Once again for small areas this wouldn’t change anything but for multiple servers/islands I believe it would change a lot

I've traveled a fair bit and im lvl 54 atm. I must say Lawless is like a breath of fresh air. So many people and so many willing to help. Then you roll into those claimed areas and the fog rolls in and you check to see who is online......5 to 12 tops.....I say Hello just to hear the echo of my own voice.

I drop anchor on land just to see log boxes every 2 mins owned by the same company all around the island. So boring .......I can't wait to get back to a lawless zone where people all seem to work together.

Wiki has been my friend for finding lawless zones but failed me this weekend. I had a 500 gold map double weekend so I looked and it said lawless.....I rolled up to the grid that was far from where I started  and it wasn't lawless....30% tax and they got 300 gold from me and I got 700.....never again.....

Lawless is a great place and no need to change anything. I've met some great people and made great allies. A nice place to set anchor on long journeys and a nice place to to get resources. If you change that....ohhhhhh boy ....... if you think changing stone had a negative impact on forums, you seen nothing if you mess with lawless....

• Like 1

I enjoy lawless more than claim spots due to the excitement of it. The claim system is favorable in my opinion.

Maybe a claim flag that is destructible would be fun. 

There's always that one guy on lawless that will spam foundations and pillars to try and prevent players from playing PvE is essentially grieving.  He tells you to go claim land.

You go to claimed land and they tell you to go back to lawless.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Went back to my little hut on Lawless today, tons of foundations spammed and massive gates blocking entire areas off.

People love Lawless? Lol ok then.

RUg05TP.jpg

Yeah that's definitely a problem on some islands, not all though. I don't know that claimed land would be any different where this guy is concerned, someone who foundation spams large areas is not the kind of person to want anyone on his claimed land either. If the devs had chosen to go with all claimed land we could be in a very tense situation now where people simply had nowhere to go. Everyone wants space but only relatively few are getting it.

Claimed land seems good in theory, but in practice it's created lots of dead, underpopulated servers where very few people rent, and few others want to rent.

We just need more space, a lot more space, but I don't think we'll be getting that soon, I hope we will though as if I was the type or group wanting my own claim I'd prob already have left the game as it seems an impossibility at this point which is only going to get worse..

On 1/27/2019 at 11:43 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You feel there is no place in this game for PvE, yet you came into a PvE specific thread and started commenting on it from a PvP perspective. :classic_blink:

To be fair, I often haunt all of the threads in the forums and often times find articles/threads via searches and sometimes get them confused. I see something someone says and I find my mind in motion and an ache in my heart urging me to put in my two cents.

In my post, however, I do state that I favor PVP aspect over PVE yet within my same statement I mention that Grapeshot just needs to decide on one particular mode for the game and focus solely on that instead of appeasing both play modes and stepping on each others' toes. There is really no way to set rules and policies for one play mode without offending the other.

In the end, though I prefer PVP, if Grapeshot would rather it cater to PVE, so be it, I would support the game just the same and enjoy the PVE content. At least this way the game would be less awkward and true to a particular playstyle.

Edited by vaylain