Sign in to follow this  
Thor Ragnarock

Decay timer on shipwrecks?

So I am curious do shipwrecks completely decay after a while from the bottom of the ocean? I feel like I quite often run into floating rope ladders and even see many many shipwrecks of my own company on the death map that are very old which were never salvaged, I haven't taken the time to dive on them because they are in very deep water. Do the shipwreck hulls auto decay after a few days or do they stay forever at the bottom of the ocean until all the planks are removed? Just wondering because if it's the second option... I dare to say the massive amounts of shipwrecks at the bottom of some of the servers probably causes some of the lag.

there's a few parts on skeletons you can't pillage, so the skeletons remain full duration. the sketon itself should be able to be salvaged after the rest is looted , it should return the percentage of the skeleton per the shipyard.

allow that and salvages will clean them up.

also, ramshackle boats leave wrecks no one wants to pillage because they're worth no loot. Suggestion: consider making the wreck de-spawn quickly and turn into a flotsam model bundle of cargo that contains what the ship had in containers. that should lag the server less, AND give salvagers less blueballs when they see a flotsom and think they're getting some loot.

39 minutes ago, Defixio said:

there's a few parts on skeletons you can't pillage, so the skeletons remain full duration. the sketon itself should be able to be salvaged after the rest is looted , it should return the percentage of the skeleton per the shipyard.

allow that and salvages will clean them up.

also, ramshackle boats leave wrecks no one wants to pillage because they're worth no loot. Suggestion: consider making the wreck de-spawn quickly and turn into a flotsam model bundle of cargo that contains what the ship had in containers. that should lag the server less, AND give salvagers less blueballs when they see a flotsom and think they're getting some loot.

Fully agree, should have priority before installing a tatoo merchant in the freeports.

I like that idea and the idea that the frame should return a percent of the initial cost like everything else so the entire ship can be salvaged.  Less crap for the servers to keep track of.

yup. I spend a lot of time salvaging and for the sake of the server, and my sanity, I would love to clean off wrecks. 

Consider Skeleton Salvage, and Ramshackle flotsam Bundles!