Krat0s

Crash when crossing servers

Hey guys, 

Got a 16 grid server running no issues, all configured.

Running on a fresh start so no previous saves or players etc.

When anyone crosses any square from the Freeport it crashes to unable to query server info.

I know its up, could it be something simple as the Freeports are both working fine and all the settings are the same across all of the grids?

Any help would be appreciated please.

Did you Forward the SeamlessDataSocketPort that is located in Shootergame/Config/DefaultGameUserSettings ?? we missed that one and had the same problem after we forwarded that one everythings peachy.

I had to forwarded all four servers, SeamlessDataSocketPort so I set the port forward 27000-27020 both TCP and UDP as well add them in  Shootergame/Config/GameUserSettings.ini on each server. ; )

i am having the same problem. i have forwarded all the ports for each region. query, game, game+1, RCON and seamless.

i added the seamless port to each gus.ini

i have another atlas world running on another machine on my network, it would have the same external IP (seamlessIP?) as this one. but they do have different ports.

an odd thing.. the other machine has same seamless port for each region, and is working as expected..

On 1/26/2019 at 4:01 PM, Krat0s said:

Hey guys, 

Got a 16 grid server running no issues, all configured.

Running on a fresh start so no previous saves or players etc.

When anyone crosses any square from the Freeport it crashes to unable to query server info.

I know its up, could it be something simple as the Freeports are both working fine and all the settings are the same across all of the grids?

Any help would be appreciated please.

Running on the Same Machine like the 16Grid Thing?  Start with new DB?  Can you Query New Server in Steam? Join the new Server without travelling?

unable to query server info...is a big Range of isues ^^ Ports ...Firewall  ...DB

You can't say you got all 16 grid running with no issue when the issue is you can't travel between them. You need a free port between each port assigned for the servers. If A1 has 7777, it will ALSO take 7778. So if your A2 has 7778, it won't be able to bind to 7778 and it will take 7779 and 7780, etc. These server will auto bind to the next available port.

• Like 1

Well. So far it looks like my problem is redis related.

Altas1 and redis1 are on one machine. Atlas2 and redis2 are on another. I set atlas2 and redis2 to use ip 127.0.0.1.  

When problems started, I redirected atlas2 to redis1 and everything was fine until I traveled to a grid that existed on atlas1. Where My character ended up.

I traveled from atlas2 to atlas1.

I checked all the ports and the names/identifiers for conflicts and found nothing. I added a bind ip to redis1 and atlas2 gets the expected database errors. Redirected atlas2 to redis2 cleared the errors. But I cannot travel front a Freeport to any region again. 

Best I can tell. Atlas2 is trying to use redis1 regardless how I set it up. 

Many advice on where I’m making a mistake? Or am I stuck having only one atlas on my network?

so, one redis1 and atlats1 on machine1. atlas2 on machine2.  why did i travel from atlas2 to atlas1

don't wanna sound like a dick, but you need to read through the tutorial a couple more times on how to set this up, then it'll be easier to help out.

turns out it was a corrupt database.  i deleted the redis that comes with atlas and installed the latest version from the redis website.

not to sound like a dick, i don't think your understanding.  i have 2 physical computers running windows on the same local network. i have a 2x2 grid atlas (atlas1) with ReDis (redis1) running fine, on one of the physical computers. i set up another 5x5 Atlas (Atlas2) on the second physical computer, with its very own ReDis (redis2). the second computer is on the same network.

while i still have no idea how i managed to travel from A1 of atlas2 to B1 of atlas1. it did overwrite my character data, put me at the center of the region, with all the inventory i had, but no boat. it also had all the quest markers from Atlas2, but the map of Atlas1, which should not have any quest markers.

ultimately, i just wiped the entire redis2, reinstalled the newest version, separate from the atlas install, restored my setting files and now everything works fine.