Sign in to follow this  
sand man

Sea of Cheats.

It seems the number one thing that is harming this game the most is cheaters, who wants to spend hours and hours building stuff just to have it destroyed by Hackers [ chinese ] mainly or some Toxic prat with no brain ?? I know its a Pirate game and when we fight ship are sunk and bases smashed but thats rarely the case, ships sunk and bases smashed mainly happens when your Offline, how is that a Pirate game worth being a Pirate for ?

• Like 1

Recruit some people to your guild that live in other parts of the world.  We have a group of Ozzies, a Brit, and a swede on top of people who work different shifts and therefore play at different times.

It's a 24/7 game world, you gotta plan for 24/7 protection.  

Hopefully they continue to address the hacking/glitching people.  They are definitely a pestilence in all games but especially ones that are competitive. It's not just a chinese problem though.  We've been hit by more english speakers than chinese using exploits. 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sand man said:

It seems the number one thing that is harming this game the most is cheaters

Wrong. It's the devs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wrong. It's the devs.

Development on Atlas to date reminds me of an old joke that describes programming languages in terms of shooting yourself in the foot. The one for (I think) Cobol seems most apt:

You hear a loud bang. There’s a lot of smoke, and a hole in your foot, but you don’t understand enough linear algebra to know what the hell happened.

Substitute “player feedback” for “linear algebra” and you’ve got a pretty good metaphor imo.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Development on Atlas to date reminds me of an old joke that describes programming languages in terms of shooting yourself in the foot. The one for (I think) Cobol seems most apt:

You hear a loud bang. There’s a lot of smoke, and a hole in your foot, but you don’t understand enough linear algebra to know what the hell happened.

Substitute “player feedback” for “linear algebra” and you’ve got a pretty good metaphor imo.

I like to say they are living up to their name... Grapeshot development.. they are just shooting a widespread of things and hoping it fixes things.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Explained by another old axiom.  "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail."