Sign in to follow this  
UDO

how are players able to place flags right at the edge of my land claims

how it it possible to place claim flags right at the borders of other players claims this effectivly removes over half the players claims ? 

it had supposedly recent upkeep as well so i find this strange as when i try to place flags at border edge if it overlaps others say must place in their claim to contest 

so using glitches / exploits to place flags is this not bannable ?

the devs need to go into a lot more detail on this , as this is bullshit 

Edited by UDO

adding to this cannot even lift up and recplace the flag where the claim overlap as it says must place with their territory to contest 

so i ask again how are they able to place flags right at the edge of other players claims

There is a bug where you can place multiple flags while claiming someone else land. So they can place flags in a neighbor while stealing it and the circle is blue. This way you can steal extra land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

how it it possible to place claim flags right at the borders of other players claims this effectivly removes over half the players claims ? 

like this one?

wkctnhly93c21.png

https://redd.it/aiv7k9

41 minutes ago, Shintai said:

There is a bug where you can place multiple flags while claiming someone else land. So they can place flags in a neighbor while stealing it and the circle is blue. This way you can steal extra land.

nothing was stolen , no flags taken , i logged in and they have placed a ring of flags right at edge of my claims effectively taking over half of the area inside my circles , without contesting or declaiming anything

36 minutes ago, Redrick said:

like this one?

wkctnhly93c21.png

https://redd.it/aiv7k9

yes this happened overnight

Yeah, we have people doing that on our island too.

I have two claims that overlap each other, these pencildicks came in last night and literally put one twenty feet from both and somehow didn't get the "there's an enemy claim here you can't do that try inside the claim" message. Look at this bullshit, lmao.

2BA3A71650BE31EEEC5D94D663D8CBFAA8BF7BA7

The green on the grass maybe fifty feet away from me is one of my claims, as is the green line down on the left. The flag I'm standing beside is the one they placed without being told "there's a nearby claim you can't do that"

Their claim overlaps halfway into both of mine now, including my stone gates up ahead. ?????

Dumb, broken shit.

Edited by pope_kd

dwVx9BI.jpg

i logged in to this 😞

how its even possibel i dont know lost over half my claim 

I agree overlap is an issue. They need to mask the overlap creating a border. Giving priority to the overlap-ee not overlap-er. Water claims only exacerbate the issue. However the claim system isnt about placing a singular or handful claims for your homestead. You're intended to, as a company, control and contest land for building/taxing/renting. The incentive to spam creates issues with PvE but it is what it is until scrapped, patched, or accepted for what it is.

Edited by Nari

20 minutes ago, Nari said:

I agree overlap is an issue. They need to mask the overlap creating a border. Giving priority to the overlap-ee not overlap-er. Water claims only exacerbate the issue. However the claim system isnt about placing a singular or handful claims for your homestead. You're intended to, as a company, control and contest land for building/taxing/renting. The incentive to spam creates issues with PvE but it is what it is until scrapped, patched, or accepted for what it is.

this what i logged into is the most extreme ive seen so far where they were able to somehow glitch their flags to place right on edge , 

i do agree that there shouldnt be an overlap at all if they do it creates a border with as u say the player that placed there claim first this would solve a lot of the issues with overlapping

I dont work for GS and my knowledge of Unreal is lacking compared to other engines and tools but I would assume that they could simply calculate the boundaries and distance from other claims, they are a fixed size after all with precise positional data, to appropriately mask the overlap. But if my hobbies have taught me anything it's what works on paper doesn't always work in practice.