Sign in to follow this  
Pizik

Toxic Forums - Moderation Required

I am starting to think that these forums need some moderation to try to prevent the toxic "conversations" that are going on here. People being foul with each other because they are a little irritated at a computer game and others proclaiming they have some sort of secret insider wisdom about what the Developers want from the game.

Can people not just raise bug report like adults (1 thread per bug; "me too" reports in that same thread. Polite, accurate descriptions of what the issue was, where it occurred etc.)

Can we not have slightly mature discourse with no personal attacks, flaming, trolling, and general insults. 

Can we not remember this is actually just a computer game. It was also a cheap computer game.

Thanks, feel free to flame me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I posted a very similar message just the other day, but there wasnt much interest from the community let alone the mods. It would be great to see on the forums, visitors, members and moderators so you see if there are any moderators that are logged in and helping the community.

1 hour ago, Pizik said:

I am starting to think that these forums need some moderation to try to prevent the toxic "conversations" that are going on here. People being foul with each other because they are a little irritated at a computer game and others proclaiming they have some sort of secret insider wisdom about what the Developers want from the game.

Can people not just raise bug report like adults (1 thread per bug; "me too" reports in that same thread. Polite, accurate descriptions of what the issue was, where it occurred etc.)

Can we not have slightly mature discourse with no personal attacks, flaming, trolling, and general insults. 

Can we not remember this is actually just a computer game. It was also a cheap computer game.

I agree about the personal attacks. Its happen to me a few times and nothing done about it and the comments are still up. Funny part is I posted a video about my line of work and myself and they cried and said I needed to take it down. Probably because they were intimated. People talk smack on here because they dont have to face you irl so what ever, but the forums favor those who support the game no matter what and not those who have issues with the lay out of the game.

P.S someone contacted me and told me this would happen if I spoke bad about the game.

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

but the forums favor those who support the game no matter what and not those who have issues with the lay out of the game.

Blind devotion to anything is bad (the white knights).

There should be constructive criticism. Not personal attacks.

This is supported to be an MMO which means it should be balanced and appeal to a wide demographic of players.  At this point it simply dosen't. (Evidence for my statement is WOW getting so big cause it appealed to gamers and non-gamers)

1 hour ago, Pizik said:

I'm not going to flame you, there is no reason to do that.

What I would like to say is though that the result of the devs not looking on the forums and listening to our complaints, whether it be constructive or destructive criticism is the reason why people are attacking one another in these forums. You have the obvious Ark elitists who behave like they are godlike creatures and all the other players have no idea how to play, then u have the paid or non-paid trolls who just want to aggrevate everyone who complains about the current state of the game. And u have the people who say it's EA you knew what u were gonna get. Mix that in with the devs not responding or aknowledging any of the gamebreaking and joybreaking bugs in the game and u get flamewars like this. The Q+A livestream from last week is a good example where they said if u guys get a bug report to get 200 likes in the timespan of a week we "maybe" gonna look at that issue sooner then later. Yet you look at the bug report section and u see not a single topic coming close to such an amount of upvotes yet.

The one bugreport going about PVE sinking ships u had people complaining about the thing still not being fixed and explained what is still being abused like ladders and just dropping weight on it in masses still sinks ships in PVE. Jat answered with something in the sorts of "THEORETICALLY it can be fixed". And that reply was from last friday if I'm not mistaken, have u seen them talk anywhere about them gonna tackle the weight bug anytime soon? Not me.

That is why people are attacking eachother, bug reports don't matter to the devs, topics about real issues don't matter to the devs, the only thinig Jat replies to in twitter are people who post videos or pictures of how nice a boat they made or something funny that happened in the game while he should be at least aknowledging or addressing the many negative reports about gamebreaking bugs in the game than trying ot promote it even more.

• Like 1