Bappo

Whales

Fix the fucking whales. Just set out on a brig to try and get some penguins and one fucking bite from a whale did 4000 damage and out fucking ship like fix this! Also, fix border camping. My crew and i have lost so much shit to border camping ghost ships and now we can add border camping whales to the fucking list. Like dont get me wrong i still absolutely fucking love this game but there many small and stupid things are so annoying...

Edited by Bappo
  • Like 2

As far I we could see - they actually do not camp the very border (it's even a safe route in a far travels) so If your client do a long loading after border cross - it might be a good idea to cross - along border with tiny angle.

But yet - we agree. There must NOT be any of encounters anywhere near borders (especially right now with unstable client). 

There must not be THAT MUCH of SoD everywhere. Especially with low population areas - we recently transit thru .1 and .15 zones and there were like 50 or 60 SoD we had to avoid in just one zone. My bro laugh: "After that game you'll be able to play Pacman in hellish difficulty!"

• Like 1

SOD do camp borders. We have killed several SODs in unwanted fights because we get attacked straight after passing servers. This is with fast clients, fast loading.

I live in one of the regons you was talking about and yes whales and sotd's do sit heavy at borders as that is where they are lost and you are right about the 1 and 15 polar regions having mass amounts in them because they are very unpopulated . My region I think I have seen 11 on at one time only because there ws a group looking for whales , the norm is 1-3 of us in the zone at peak times . sotd are everywhere and ive seen as many as 3 whales at once .

Whales are fun you can just outrun them , trick i found head for the nearest island if you get close enough to it they leave you alone. But ghost ships after the last major update they seem to be everywhere only couple of grids where i only saw 5 of them , mostly on avg around 20 in 1 grid currently and i mean tundra grids where theres only like 5 players online on avg.

• Like 1

Just got sunk by whales and sotd along border as well.. Imho whales agro range is abit far..by the time I see the bar its too late to try outrun and dodge sotd at same time.

Another question..do SOTD have inboard motors? they dont seem to be affected by dropping winds same as me.

1 hour ago, Kaydee said:

Just got sunk by whales and sotd along border as well.. Imho whales agro range is abit far..by the time I see the bar its too late to try outrun and dodge sotd at same time.

Another question..do SOTD have inboard motors? they dont seem to be affected by dropping winds same as me.

I believe they must by watching them handle themselves

load a cannon on the back for that extra boost of speed . In all seriousness though I live in a region full of whales and ill agree they do agro from way to far , there should not need to be more then 1 in a given region but ive seen 4 the other night , and as far as outrunning them , only if you have a strong wind at your back or have no load your hauling . When running from a whale ill run right next to a sotd cause they do less damage , had a whale rip a plank off the schooner a week ago with one hit and when I say a plank I mean the whole rear end of the ship . But I agree there is way to many sot'd per region as well as whales considering every zone from 13-15 and 1-3 has them 

Yup 4k damage per shot and you lose control of boat..had a sloop with 2x speedsails and it still caught me..horrible feeling seeing it come closer and there is nothing you can do...poor liddle boat so far away from any other ships salvage also out of question 😛 makes exploring difficult ..and they are persistent buggers..wont let go once they latch on. Imho they need a look at by devs

Whales are not supposed to be that fast than the ship at and do that damage. Whales should be passive mobs not aggressive. I think Game Designer is drinking too much and doesn't really know how to balance a game. It is big disappointed that they don't really have a clue how to balance a game and player have to say feedback.

Where is Freeport in C14. When I tried to get out from C14 and move to B14 my raft get sunk because of Sotd ships. It is about 20 Sotd ships in B14 and 5 whales were on the way. Next, my raft was close to shore. When I logged raft was sinked by whales. I don't know where they got an idea that whales attack ships. Make fucking sea monster or something mythical creature so I would agree. But whales - is the stupid idea they ever come up in this game.

When I watch live twitch stream I just realise what they really have lack of knowledge to polish a game. You can add as much content you can but if your game is unbalanced who is going to play this? Only Hackers !!!!

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1

i dont know outrun whales with the wind from the back and 75% load on schooner/sloop , but yeah couple of times ive had to turn into sotd just to make sure the wind is from my back and got shot but still better then getting 1 shot by whales .