INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

1 hour ago, Strom said:

For anyone wondering how a 3x3 runs. I have a Dual Xeon E5-2667v3, 8 cores @ 3.2ghz per processor for a total of 16 physical cores, 32 logical cores with HT. Total system memory is 96gb of DDR4 ECC memory.

I'm seeing ~5% cpu usage per server, at about 4.2gb max memory per process. With a 2x2 I was seeing ~24% cpu usage and about 20.4gb of RAM used. I just upgraded the grid to a 3x3 and I'm seeing 42% cpu and 40.6gb of RAM used. I will be trying a 4x4 later tonight as I feel like I have plenty of room for that. Server FPS on the 3x3 is ~30fps currently, as it was on the 2x2. I'm assuming the 4x4 will be 30fps as well.

Performance.PNG.708fa2797bd51d73435db85582df0249.PNG

Performance2.PNG.6a79c749eac4db952a9dcaba64223af3.PNG

Very cool! I just picked up an older R610. Not as powerful as your E5-2667s but should run 2x2/3x3 np. Very excited to work with one of these enterprise systems!

@echo off
start "" steamcmd.exe +login xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx +force_install_dir "C:\Server" +app_update 1006030 validate +quit

XX is normal my pw and username

1 hour ago, Atlasprime said:

Post ur SteamCMD bat

2 minutes ago, Alala said:

@echo off
start "" steamcmd.exe +login xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx +force_install_dir "C:\Server" +app_update 1006030 validate +quit

XX is normal my pw and username

Try

+login anonymous

Work with anonymous Thanks

Just now, Atlasprime said:

Try

+login anonymous

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlasprime said:

Try

+login anonymous

start /wait /high C:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe ^
+login anonymous ^
+force_install_dir C:\<path> ^
+app_update 1006030 validate ^
+quit

• Haha 1

Is there a solid list of guides! I've been working OT this week and haven't been able to work on a server much and there is a ton of info out now. Is there a decent quick guide on using the map editor? 

This is starting to drive me nuts, i get no errors and the server are running, every port is forwarded (No port range) in both router and firewall - and the shootergame.exe is allowed through the firewall, and my server is still not listed.

I edited my grids, changed my ip on the grids - basically did everything by the book.. But i can't fucking see it anywhere, any suggestions to fix this?

Anyone know how to fix bug where you cant create a company? just gives a 10sec timer

Fresh server so its not duplicate name

Does the example 2x2SmallGrid that comes with the GridEditor have all Resources on the maps? I got it running now but if they lack all resources I might have to edit them and add more islands to get the rest of the resources in.

38 minutes ago, Locksmith said:

Anyone know how to fix bug where you cant create a company? just gives a 10sec timer

I had this exact problem, I had to reset my Redis DB. I also cleared out the saves for my starter grid just in case and everything started working.

Also make sure all your DB settings are correct, there should be 5 of them.

52 minutes ago, Locksmith said:

I found a setting in the GameUserSettings.ini named TribeNameChangeCooldown in the Ini Files, it was set to 10.000000, just make that a 0 and it might work, not tested it yet as I had to go but it seems related. You can still make a name after that timer finishes.

Edited by TheSlayerNL

It is possible in a server that has already run from a grid to remove an island 
on which nothing is still built and to replace it with another one ?

2 hours ago, Bortalo said:

It is possible in a server that has already run from a grid to remove an island 
on which nothing is still built and to replace it with another one ?

It doesnt appear possible. I have tried changing an island from and EE to an EE-E variant and that doesnt work. So there is no reason to think removing it would change anything either

An update on the ini values would be good, half the ones we wanna use that used in Ark don't work and other half do, an updated version at least would be lit

Hello all! Thanks to the troubleshooting of many in this thread I was able to finally get my server.bat to start without any errors, however, I am unable to see my server in the server list. I imagine it is a port issue and would be very appreciative if someone could go a little more in depth than what ports need to be open. For example TCP/UDP? I am running Windows 10 so can I just do it in firewall settings or does it have to be at the router level? Any help would be appreciated, cheers 🙂

EDIT: Just so you know what I have done so far, I have TCP/UDP enabled on ports 57555 and gameport is 5755 and seamless data port 27000. In my server bat settings there's QueryPort and Port is that port and game port respectively?

Edited by Captain Contagious
with = without