INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

2 hours ago, jmitchtx said:

Any info on running a dedi server via wine on linux?

Yes, its possible.

Even tough, not sure how long how much usage etc precise as i got an empty server most of the time (playing with friends). But it ran 12 hours withouth issue.

Edited by GizmoFrost

If it doesn't do what it is supposed to do, then, YES, you are missing something.

Running steamcmd should install the dedicated server (of course you have to map and export your needed files using the editor before it can run).

This should install (download) the dedicated server:

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\ATLAS +app_update 1006030 validate +quit

Anyone got a clue how to fix "not existing" water? 

Every time i boot up my server the water reacts like thin air - no swimming nothing - i just drop to the ground 

ty allready

Never heard of this problem before, maybe broken files.

Did you try to validate your files (just run the download steamcmd command again as well to your steam game)?

well i increased the grid size but there should be a way to increase the size of the ocean too - otherwise it would be totally useless that you can increase the grid size

CPJet took down his tutorial video. 
Can someone break this down Barney style for me?

I'm renting a server through Nitrado. A 4x4 for only 10 players. Private.
I just want to use the editor to put the Islands I want, where I want them on each grid, and set the spawns to spawn what I want and where I want it. 

is there anyone that can explain this to me in detail?
This whole thing may as well be in Chinese. I have no idea what these abbreviations mean or what I'm supposed to put where.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

11 minutes ago, Firedragon said:

Did you go beyond the max 1400000  cellsize (unreal units)? If yes, revert it back.

ofc i did lol and i dont think its the max lol the only that dont works is the water

hey guys, whats up with the ingame server browser?

is the same like with the ark one...

did this never change? I had never Problems to see my Servers from my root, just in Ark and now here.

i can find my server over the Steam Server Browser but impossible with the ingame Server...

I saw lot of ppl in Ark with this problem, maybe here are some experienced ppl that could help me to get my Server Visible.

Thanks for help 🙂

Im sure this has been talked about before, but does anyone have a quick answer maybe??

I want to increase the time needed to steal claims. Can't find an appropriate variable anywhere.

TIA

For some reason in my dedicated server theirs this weird glitch. my friends keep vanishing and reappearing and also when we mount animals it does the same thing. Was there an update that caused this or did i do something wrong?  

I'll be making a step by step installation video tonight after work.

Which will include:

1x1 server setup

2x2 server setup

4x4 server setup

Server name

Server password

Naming your islands

excetra 

Now a warning to all of you, a 2x2 grid and a 4x4 grid will be intense on your computer so if your running this on your home computer, then you'll need to lower the amount of players you let on, furthermore if your computer is a lower end setup you may no be able to run a high grid count at all.

I'll try to have the video uploaded tonight when it's done I'll post the link here for people.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Newfiedog95 said:

I'll be making a step by step installation video tonight after work.

Which will include:

1x1 server setup

2x2 server setup

4x4 server setup

Server name

Server password

Naming your islands

excetra 

Now a warning to all of you, a 2x2 grid and a 4x4 grid will be intense on your computer so if your running this on your home computer, then you'll need to lower the amount of players you let on, furthermore if your computer is a lower end setup you may no be able to run a high grid count at all.

I'll try to have the video uploaded tonight when it's done I'll post the link here for people.

I am looking forward to it! Thank you for the hard word.

Im trying to get the server files downloaded. as of now i have tried a few different selutions, ive been using the steamcmd command line. if i use it as i see most people write it i get a steamcmd message telling me command not found. when i remove "steamcmd +"login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\ATLAS +app_update 1006030 validate +quitD
it tells me 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK

and thats where nothing starts happen really fast.

second i tried to use the steam database link: https://steamdb.info/app/1006030/info/ to download it directly to steam. but when i push this link it opens up my steam app and redirects me to the main shop page. 
 any idea on what i might have to try next?

Just an update about my video, as most of you may know there was a patch last night so I'm gonna due a quick bit of research to see if the process for a server setup has changed with the patch and if it has I'll edit the video accordingly  before final upload either way I'll be posting here again tonight

4 hours ago, tarqen said:

Im trying to get the server files downloaded. as of now i have tried a few different selutions, ive been using the steamcmd command line. if i use it as i see most people write it i get a steamcmd message telling me command not found. when i remove "steamcmd +"login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\ATLAS +app_update 1006030 validate +quitD
it tells me 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK

and thats where nothing starts happen really fast.

second i tried to use the steam database link: https://steamdb.info/app/1006030/info/ to download it directly to steam. but when i push this link it opens up my steam app and redirects me to the main shop page. 
 any idea on what i might have to try next?

Try launching the SteamCMD executable and go through the commands one by one.

login anonymous
force_install_dir D:\ATLAS
app_update 1006030 validate

Should work smoothly.

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:428][  0]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsServer
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:429][  0]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 55.66 MB used, 55.66 MB peak
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:429][  0]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 45.16 MB used, 45.29 MB peak
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:429][  0]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 5213.47 MB used, 16321.28 MB total
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:429][  0]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 4460.22 MB used, 134217728.00 MB total
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:857][  0]ATLAS Version: 8.72 (Rev. 106137)
[2019.01.04-06.58.06:860][  0]PID: 9628
[2019.01.04-06.58.33:702][  0]Primal Game Data Took 26.04 seconds
[2019.01.04-06.58.47:435][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2019.01.04-06.58.47:435][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2019.01.04-06.58.56:717][  0]Network range scales set to: 48 start, 77 end, 0.440000 endscale
[2019.01.04-06.59.00:212][  0]Server: "HomeServer Freeport" has successfully started!
[2019.01.04-06.59.00:599][  0]Commandline: Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=10?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=50?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761?SeamlessIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -log -server -NoBattlEye
[2019.01.04-06.59.00:599][  0]Full Startup: 55.87 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)
[2019.01.04-06.59.00:599][  0]Number of cores 4

and nothing I did all the video step by step :// 
2 fails

Edited by tkots