Sign in to follow this  
RogueLdr

Make the Dingy useful

As it stands now the dingy is all but useless. It is by FAR faster to just jump in and swim to shore... i don't mean a little faster, i mean like 3 times faster if not more.

It's kinda slow but that's not really the issue. It's problems come from the handling.

It has the turning radius of a football field and you can barely get anywhere without running out of stamina. It took us longer to position the damn thing next to our boat so we could raise it then it would have to swim to shore and back.

My suggestion would be to greatly reduce the turning radius and the stamina drain.

It should be a viable alternative to move around the shore of an island if you anchored a little farther away from the treasure then you intended, or as opposed to running across the interior of a predator filled island.

But as it stands now, it's not even an alternative to getting to the shore in a short, straight line. It's just wasted weight on a ship, we don't even install them anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The dingy is useful but only in VERY specific situations.

-Arctic zones, for landing on land without freezing to death from exposure. 

-getting loot from the sea without getting eaten by sharks, eels, or jellyfish

And the dingy is actually kind of quick when you have 3 people rowing. 

It needs to hold more weight too. Run a few decent maps and the gold weighs too much for the dinghy to move. 

I thought the dingy would have it's own inventory, like a tame, that you could fill up with a lot of weight. I was wrong. Then I thought you could put a small storage box in it. Wrong again. Either of those things would be a vast improvement.