CookieJar

Compensation

I've got a great suggestion here for you guys. - A lot of people are not able to refund the game anymore, because they've been trying to play the game, but haven't been able to because the servers are just always down. Or everyone is stealing freeports. They cannot even try the game before deciding wether they want to keep it, so most people cannot even refund anymore because of the shitshow you guys have set up. 

So my suggestion would be: After the holidays, and after this disastrous, hilarious shitshow is done and over with and the game is actually stable.. compensate people. Give them cosmetics, or something. Do something to compensate people. Because this is just ridiculous. 

Don't get me wrong. I believe this game could be very fun. But I've not even been able to play the game, because everytime I want to play, I'm barely able to log in. Even with the recent fucking update that went out minutes ago, it's still bullshit. I cannot even unite with my friends.

P.S. Release the dedicated server kit, because your official servers are honestly, with ALL DUE RESPECT: THE FUCKING WORST.

And excuse my language. But my dumb ass has put faith in your game, staying up till 4 AM to PERHAPS catch a glimpse of GAMEPLAY tonight, and still nothing. I'm honestly feeling retarded for even TRYING.

Have a nice fucking holiday.

Edited by CookieJar

Well, this is an Early Access launch. If you expected everything to run smooth instantly, then that must be your first one. If you cannot handle the current issues, or understand that the game is basically in very early alpha phase, then you should probably uninstall it and come back when it is officially released. Here, I invite you to review what an Early Access title is: https://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Well, this is an Early Access launch. If you expected everything to run smooth instantly, then that must be your first one. If you cannot handle the current issues, or understand that the game is basically in very early alpha phase, then you should probably uninstall it and come back when it is officially released. Here, I invite you to review what an Early Access title is: https://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

Thats a useful article. Need to keep that saved!

People need to realise that the testing (Early Access) starts from the moment they click Play, not from when they get in game. This is all part of the early access stuff.

Edited by Captain Kuro
  • Like 1

Yep. And in the Early Access rules say, that you have to follow your schedule. Which Atlas didn't do because they delayed 3 times. Either way. I'm here to rant, not to make an useful post. Your good advice is highly appreciated but my salty brains aren't willing to listen to it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Thats a useful article. Need to keep that saved!

People need to realise that the testing (Early Access) starts from the moment they click Play, not from when they get in game. This is all part of the early access stuff.

Yes, pretty much. I find it sad that people are bombarding the reviews on Steam based on issues that they literally acknowledged by purchasing a game tagged as Early Access. The scope and concept of the game has a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see where it goes!

1 minute ago, CookieJar said:

Yep. And in the Early Access rules say, that you have to follow your schedule. Which Atlas didn't do because they delayed 3 times. Either way. I'm here to rant, not to make an useful post. Your good advice is highly appreciated but my salty brains aren't willing to listen to it. 

Gotta respect the honesty there. 👍

P.S. I'm not one of the people negatively reviewing the game. I have no doubts that the game is good. I want to play it. I'm not gonna negatively review it. But I want to be able to play within at least 2 hours, so I know what the game is like.. so if I want to refund it (doubt I will want to refund it but w/e), I at least can. 

And considering I've been trying to actually play the game for hours on end by now.. yes. I'm frustrated and rather salty. At least I'm not one of those fucking weebs directly harassing the devs or anyone else because of my own frustration.

1 minute ago, CookieJar said:

P.S. I'm not one of the people negatively reviewing the game. I have no doubts that the game is good. I want to play it. I'm not gonna negatively review it. But I want to be able to play within at least 2 hours, so I know what the game is like.. so if I want to refund it (doubt I will want to refund it but w/e), I at least can.

You could always contact Steam support, and they might refund you regardless if that is what you decide in the end. The 2 hours is basically just the timeframe in which the refund process is automated and doesn't need to be reviewed by an human but they often make exceptions.

11 minutes ago, CookieJar said:

And considering I've been trying to actually play the game for hours on end by now.. yes. I'm frustrated and rather salty. At least I'm not one of those fucking weebs directly harassing the devs or anyone else because of my own frustration.

Have a read of this when you can: 

With that read, you'll understand me more when I say- if you relieve yourself of the expectation that you are going to play this game, and reduce it to "you're accessing a project and it may work, if not you have other things you can do"- I believe you will appreciate the game much more, and even go as far as positively contributing to it's growth and evolution.

I, like a few others in this thread, give kudos to your honesty in how you are feeling.

Edited by Teach

No compensation required because of early access. I feel like a lot of people don't remember what an early access title truly is. I know the communication has been off, but as far as server connectivity goes, part of early access is server stress test. People should expect game breaking bugs when they buy an early access game when it just came out knowing it will be unstable.

21 minutes ago, CookieJar said:

I'm here to rant, not to make an useful post.

Finally! Something we all have in common. 😎