Tobekan

Players that have left

Hi Everyone,

Many of us are running into situations where we want land, but someone has moved on from the game.  However, you cannot claim that land because they logged off weeks ago inside their house.  Do we know how long it will take for that person to die off so we can claim the land?  If it were PvP you could simply kill/destroy everything.  This is on the PvE server.  How do we address this?  Do we know how long it takes for that body to die?  You cannot claim land in this situation, sadly.  Thoughts, anyone?

There was a plot beside us where the guy had been inside sleeping practically since Day 3 that we just got yesterday, so. A while, but does eventually happen. 

1 hour ago, pope_kd said:

There was a plot beside us where the guy had been inside sleeping practically since Day 3 that we just got yesterday, so. A while, but does eventually happen. 

Good to know.  I likely only have a 7-10 day windows left.  Thanks for relaying this!

How did you know they were gone?

1 hour ago, Tobekan said:

Good to know.  I likely only have a 7-10 day windows left.  Thanks for relaying this!

They likely couldn't hear the snoring anymore. A godsend for some of us 😛 

3 hours ago, Tobekan said:

Hi Everyone,

Many of us are running into situations where we want land, but someone has moved on from the game.  However, you cannot claim that land because they logged off weeks ago inside their house.  Do we know how long it will take for that person to die off so we can claim the land?  If it were PvP you could simply kill/destroy everything.  This is on the PvE server.  How do we address this?  Do we know how long it takes for that body to die?  You cannot claim land in this situation, sadly.  Thoughts, anyone?

This is a serious issue in my companies opinion. Weve had inactive players next to us since December 28th when we move into our island. I can confirm they have not been online. Were not on lawless so as far as we understand after 10 days inactive on lawless players will now despawn if asleep. We need this horribly on claimable islands! 

5 hours ago, Tobekan said:

We'd occasionally climbing pick over his walls to see if we could still hear him snoring in the same place. 

The biggest issue with people who have logged off for said amount of time is that no one knows if they are on a family vacation or not, the internet went out in their area due to storms or some type of natural disaster. The question is how long does one have before the claimed land is given up to someone else willing to claim it ?  I know my company offers a 2 week vacation which means I could possibly be offline for up to 14 days, I don't ever see that happening but it's always a thought about the little plot I have claimed and working on, I worry about losing it if I'm gone for to long.   Also consider people who may be moving or whatever else may be happening in the real world, I'm not sure about you but I personally would like a little consideration brought into this, I know I don't want to lose what I have and I don't believe anyone else does either but at the same time we all would like to be able to have land, I know the devs have made much improvement to the system by giving people choices to allow building on their properties but I’m still uneasy about that based on not knowing if once something is built does the property owner have the right to change their mind and decide you can no longer live there, so many questions and so few answers.

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 2