Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

For the love of God, Please devs stop breaking the game

There is so much i want to love about this game I even might have been the first post saying "I would pay a 15 month sub fee" Every time i turn around you guys are breaking the immersion, destroying the fun, making it impossible for any all or solo players. I have been a gamer longer than most of the people playing alive. I dont want to hear the its a early access. I GET IT!!! Maybe you all should get it and start listening to the players before this game ends up like DARK AND LIGHT. Red Dead 2 and Fall out 76 all busting out because of a lack of listing to the players.

BTW born in 1972 when pong was released

had the first gaming system, had the first Atari, the first in my school to beat Donkey Kong on colecovision, First nintendo that came with robot and gun for duck hunt, beat metriod. First play station and the EDO system!  Im a life long gamer 14 years on wow! Ark from the first EA and almost 4k hours into over 300 hours into this game.

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Like 1

It’s not because of EA, it’s because the devs want the game to be for large groups of players on the official servers. 

But we all knew that was the case, and bought the game regardless. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It’s not because of EA, it’s because the devs want the game to be for large groups of players on the official servers. 

But we all knew that was the case, and bought the game regardless. 

AND HERES MY VERY OWN TROLL! .....PERCIVAL

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

AND HERES MY VERY OWN TROLL! 

For all I know you’re the troll since you seem to ignore all the facts people keep throwing at you. You keep on thinking this game needs to be designed for you and only like you want it to be. If you don’t like something, it’s gonna ‘break the game’ and it will make all people ‘stop playing atlas’. Wake up. 

Edited by Percieval

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

This isn't in the game description.

Just now, Lynx said:

This isn't in the game description.

Judging by the server size, amount of players and the claiming situation as it was with launch, it’s not hard to connect the dots. 

Ignore Percieval he is a troll, pretty ure of that. And indeed the description of the game even tells you about you starting out small able to start your own company by hiring NPC's or players. How is this even remotely resembling what most players are experiencing?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Judging by the server size, amount of players and the claiming situation as it was with launch, it’s not hard to connect the dots. 

Add in the allowed sizes for companies and what they are basing their top 10 companies off of.. 

Just now, Percieval said:

It shouldn't be customers or potential customers jobs to connect the dots.

2 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Ignore Percieval he is a troll, pretty ure of that. And indeed the description of the game even tells you about you starting out small able to start your own company by hiring NPC's or players. How is this even remotely resembling what most players are experiencing?

Interesting claim, so someone posting their opinion on a system is suddenly a troll over someone who is posting very dramatic posts every single time they have some small grievance with the game?  I've said this before and I'll say it again, you can hate it all you want.

Someone who disagrees with you is not instantly a troll/fanboy.

2 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Because companies of many don’t start with nothing? 

Its not really for large companies... its just that the solo person wants a ton of land and a galleon. But really the solo guy will be renting a small plot with a schooner. I mean thats realistic really. But here the solo player wants it all...  

Just now, Case of the Scurvy said:

Its not really for large companies... its just that the solo person wants a ton of land and a galleon. But really the solo guy will be renting a small plot with a schooner. I mean thats realistic really. But here the solo player wants it all...  

The game wants it to be for large companies but makes it option for smaller/solo players through the introduction of the island claiming (im not saying its good) and NPC’s /governments. But OP wants to get rid of large companies as a whole, and I highly disagree with it. 

The game wants it to be for large companies but makes it option for smaller/solo players through the introduction of the island claiming (im not saying its good) and NPC’s /governments. But OP wants to get rid of large companies as a whole, and I highly disagree with it. 

Its for everyone, people just have to accept the fact the be the greatest you have to be a part of something bigger. But its def playable solo if you accept this. The only thing you really cant do solo is probably a power stone atm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Its for everyone, people just have to accept the fact the be the greatest you have to be a part of something bigger. But its def playable solo if you accept this. The only thing you really cant do solo is probably a power stone atm

Yep. But I always thought people could figure that stuff out on their own. If they have looked at the information given, something must have ringed a bell that it will be very difficult for solo players. Somehow people are still amazed by it and want to see the entire game changed because of their solo adventure when in fact, it will break the games because those also take affect on large companies, exploiting it. 

Yep. But I always thought people could figure that stuff out on their own. If they have looked at the information given, something must have ringed a bell that it will be very difficult for solo players. Somehow people are still amazed by it and want to see the entire game changed because of their solo adventure when in fact, it will break the games because those also take affect on large companies, exploiting it. 

They cant and never will. People want the best for the cheapest price naw meen

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

I think solo players would be happy to rent a small plot and build a whole schooner and get some protection, some hope that their schooner won't sink while they sleep, all without having to actually join the big company.  If only large companies were offering any land for rental. Since they refuse do it (which is perfectly understandable) there should be other ways to aid solo players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

I think solo players would be happy to rent a small plot and build a whole schooner and get some protection, some hope that their schooner won't sink while they sleep, all without having to actually join the big company.  If only large companies were offering any land for rental. Since they refuse do it (which is perfectly understandable) there should be other ways to aid solo players.

Im renting out prime real estate right now. Its going good. I sail in and withdraw from my bank. Smooth sailing. People need too loosen up.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Most are refusing to do so right now as there are no protections from trolls either way.  There is nothing stopping them from building trash(not base just random shit) and just leaving it there until you finally claim it back.  There is also nothing preventing the owner of the land from screwing over the small tribe/solo over by taking their base/resources.

BINGO!

There also isn't anything in the game description about being able to solo the game or mold it's development to your wants.

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The developers of this game have equated it to EVE Online.  What they, and apparently you, have failed to realize is that some of the largest corporations in EVE started with one guy in a tiny ship mining ore. It still flourishes on the fact that one player can join the game solo and yet, have the potential to build a massive empire. And during the early learning process EVE players can sit in relative safety, increasing not only their skills, but their net worth.  They even promoted this with the video below called "The Butterfly Effect."

So far, this game has demonstrated that if you join it solo, not only is your butterfly ass going to get smacked down repeatedly, they're going to keep changing the game to ensure that you stay smacked down until such time that you either acquiesce and go pick someone else's cotton... or quit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

They cant and never will. People want the best for the cheapest price naw meen

I will pay a sub fee of 15 month for a official server with in game support from grapeshot just like Blizzard did with WoW back in the day. 

18 minutes ago, Percieval said:

How many hours do you have in the game Precival troll

I will pay a sub fee of 15 month for a official server with in game support from grapeshot just like Blizzard did with WoW back in the day. 

Do you honestly have to turn all of your posts into an hours pissing contest?  I'm sorry not everyone on the forums are kids with no lives or retired and able to sit on the game all day.  Some people have lives, work jobs, and can't just sit at the game all the time.  What the hell is this complaint post about this time anyways? It's literally "Dev choices bad!!!".  You want it designed to your specifications, fine ask for more INI functionality or go learn how to mod and support yourself on a solo unofficial where you can make the game exactly how YOU want it to be.

5 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Like I said, that doesn’t prohibit me from giving my opinion. But if I must say something,

I’d rather have 10 hours in the game and love it, than 300 and hate it, like you seem to do. And before you go al crazy again, no, I do not have only 10 hours in the game. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Information given... Well, being that it is EA there is not a lot of information given at all and most people get their information from discussion threads and YouTube streamers. Being difficult for solos or small groups is not game breaking. People defending clearly broken aspects of the game however, could be. Percival if the troll shoe fits- wear it.