Sign in to follow this  
Dixsons24

Get a raft a bed and leave

Moving to a new grid on the map is key to being able to actually play the game, just get whats needed to make a bed and a raft and just go with the wind till you hit a new zone, its ok to respawn on your bed for now, it gets smoother guys!

I've tried twice now. First time my raft got stuck on the border wall and is still sitting there rubber banding. The second one I built 6 hours later due to rubber banding, I did finally make it through to a new server grid, FPS instantly went up, But I died due to no food since I didn't bother wasting 13 hours provisioning a second time. 

Clicked respawn on my second raft, Looked like it was going to spawn, Went to white screen. Then nothing... Popped up for me to spawn someplace else and my second raft was gone on the map.

Im stuck on freeport A1... I go West, and the wall is red and I crash into it. I go north, that wall is red. Southern wall is red. I don't know what to do now

Tried that.

Was all excited, got to the zone line from L5 to L4, crashed, character got deleted.

• Haha 1

If you are in a Lawless Island... Not in the Freeport area where they basically give you a raft.. How do you make one on the Lawless island?  I have Seamanship, I have a Smith, Loom, Bed, etc etc.. I've made everything I can think of.  I don't see a Dock, Raft, etc.  Please help...

How? I cant find it in the skill trees...

though even if i could it doesnt matter, just spent then last almost 2 hours looking for trees.... found ONE...

Welcome to ULTRA hard mode if you are a solo player. Nothing but wolves on EVERY island that are just waiting to gobble you up in 3 hits.

Best of luck.

If you get too close to shore in a lawless areas: you cant respawn on your bed. 

If you get too close to someone's claim in open areas:you cant respawn on your bed.

Basically just stay in deep waters and you can respawn.... otherwise, you'll be making a trip to freeport again.

It is still a generally good idea to have some materials and food on your person when you travel in a raft. I would rather spend some time gathering food and ensuring my character's survival than dying and my character getting deleted due to a glitch.

Getting into the over populated freeport's is the real hurdle. I was messing around in lawless all lastnight. Managed to sneak into a freeport this morning that had some slots open, made my raft and got out of dodge. Now it's all smooth sailing and sunshine 😜

2 minutes ago, Primus said:

Getting into the over populated freeport's is the real hurdle. I was messing around in lawless all lastnight. Managed to sneak into a freeport this morning that had some slots open, made my raft and got out of dodge. Now it's all smooth sailing and sunshine 😜

Till you hit a zone port wall and then get booted and your character deleted. Start again. WOOHOO

5 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

Till you hit a zone port wall and then get booted and your character deleted. Start again. WOOHOO

Start again? I couldn't even log in the first 2 days, don't tempt me with a good time.

Playing on PVE EU. Started in Freeport during the Rubbermagedon. It took me erm..2-3 hours thank to the lags to make a raft and with a rag-tag team of random ppl try to escape the lag hell.. in the end server fixes destroyed our raft and shark ate us... Lags were bad, but damn it was funny.

2nd.. Shitloads of animals so I died few times (and lost all gear).. But then.. ooh boyy.. Really gathered all types of food, water.. built bed, campfire, chests etc. I left the newbie zone, then quickly the lawless. I landed on a new Island, claimed a bit of land. Made myself a home and now my Sloop stands ready to sail and explore.

This game IS fun when it works 😄