Sign in to follow this  
sacreddingo

Shrug it Off Debate

So quick question, myself and a few of my company were having a discussion about the tier one Hand to Hand Combat ability Shrug it off.  The one that starts with -20% torpor dmg per melee hit.  There stating that only counts if a player hits you.  Now stop me if im wrong if this was correct wouldnt that make it a totally worthless ability toward PVE server.  I am trying to explaint to them i believe its just a flat torpor reduction PER HIT of NPC or Player as long as its not ranged?   Am i wrong?

You're either right or they completely overlooked an extremely simple to spot problem with a skill. I don't know for sure either way, but I'd be slightly more inclined to think you're right and when the tool tip text says only counts if a player hits you, what it really means is doesn't reduce torpor inflicted for non combat reasons like fatigue, dehydration etc. 

Why care about torpor?, there's not many animals that can cause it and ranged is superior to meele so why bother being resistant to it.

I've been on islands overrun with snakes, and it would maybe have been handy there.  They were good at sneaking up and biting you when you were already fighting a Croc or something.

Im honestly not saying this is a negative way, but from a none PVP form not everyone uses the META.  I enjoy slow boarding and stabby stabby sometimes, Sometimes i like to go in with a pike.. its about fun for me not min maxing the game in a Beta.  I just wanna know if its beneficial?  And also sometimes i get annoyed by huge ( o  ) snakes who sneak up as im building my houses