Sign in to follow this  
Bushma

Suggestion regarding cyclones

Okay. Who thought that continuously spawning cyclones with at least 5 at a time was a good idea? Well, not me.

I mean, I'm not even posting this because they're a threat, oh dear no.

They just look ridiculous and funny if you use that word to describe sadness. It just breaks immersion. And they just keep respawning and following you, which itself screams "SCRIPTED". It's not that the game isn't supposed to be scripted, everything is, I just think that we shouldn't feel that it is as badly as with this.

I would suggest having 1 of those boys spawn with much wider pull and overall radius, and higher damage maybe, over the tens of them spawning doing almost no damage. Or at least they shouldn't keep spawning, and following you with spawns in your face because that is the worst. (again, not because of difficulty but how scripted that looks)

In an overloaded sloop ~95% weight, I lost about 5% character health in maybe 3-5 minutes of sailing through them. (took a while to get through because of weight which was intended as I was transporting stuff). And even then - not even a threat. 

Image resized due to size limitations.

cyclone.jpg

Edited by Bushma
  • Thanks 1

They are easy to dodge and dont even do that nuch damage, currently fone as is. I think the problem on the sea is 1 the sail time to go anywhere and 2 the sheer amount of SODs

I actually just plow through them.  With my sloop with a medium speed sail it isnt much of an issue.  The biggest concern I have are those SODs while sailing through them.

I'd like to see more variation in storms intensity instead of just these silly looking tornadoes appearing everywhere.

1. The first variant  could be very rough seas with high waves and currents that move the boat around a lot and slowly flood the ship if lower deck gun ports are left open.
  2. The second would incorporate the first but also add rogue waves which would damage the ship and have the chance to wash players and NPCs overboard.
  3. The third would contain all of the above but would also have a large very powerful hurricane in the general vicinity that does high damage if pulled into it.
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Bad News Bear said:

They are easy to dodge and dont even do that nuch damage, currently fone as is. I think the problem on the sea is 1 the sail time to go anywhere and 2 the sheer amount of SODs

I dont think its about it not being a big deal to some players over others, I think the point trying to be made is that the storms themselves are a bit weird. I've told my guys countless times that HOPEFULLY in the future instead of annoying cyclone storms, just have a crazy lightening storm instead, get players more immersed into what they are doing with the huge wind changes and bigger swells of waves.

I would like to see mechanics such as during storms you get massive waves that swamp your ships and if you have open gun ports or open decks then you can take on a lot of water and have to bail it out.

things that make sense in a mechanic not just 8 waterspouts following you for three minutes.

You think waterspouts are bad design, wait till you zone over on top of a whale and watch your ship explode in 1 shot

Edited by Bad News Bear