Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

A Capital Flag (PvP) is the PERFECT Solution for Freeing Up Land.

5 minutes ago, iLL said:

What happens currently?  If you take someone's flag and there's a structure there, it becomes yours but that's also because you get the land as well.  With your neutral open land theory the land taken would become open and available for the taking by anyone.  All the structures would be owned by no one except the areas you claimed while the siege was underway/finished.    

ahhhh, yes.  Easy answer - Burned! Up in fire and smoke.  I'd like to see that animation from afar - would be killer!  Imagine the smoke in the sky?  Would be beautiful.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

I’m not sure if you know how it works on the forums, it is about discussions.

You put out an idea, I gave examples with explanations why I think it wouldn’t work, are you going to counter mine or not? 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m not sure if you know how it works on the forums, it is about discussions.

When you're a God like me, you don't follow the rules nor tradition, but you create them.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

3 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

When you're a God like me, you don't follow the rules.

So this means you can’t counter my thoughts on your idea meaning you agree on that the idea wasn’t well thought about? 

That’s good. I’ll wait if you can find some counters in the upcoming days. (Or from anyone else, I’d like to give small groups of players the opportunity to play on official). 

Edited by Percieval

1 hour ago, [616]RexFortis said:

That's because you lack a strategic and tactical mind If Capital Flags were introduced then you could ally with other smaller companies such as yourself and attempt to take out the big bully company in your region with a devastating and crucial blow to their capital - but not at all possible under the current rules, instead what we have is stagnation and something that doesn't feel like a game whatsoever.

12 years in EvE and I lack a tactical or strategic mind. Yeah sure!

I am not interested in large groups because I have had enough of corp politics in EvE. Furthermore i was not arguing against or for the capital flag. I was warning small companies that are fighting for it to pay attention to what they wish for.

30 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

That's because you lack a strategic and tactical mind.  You're more of a social creature than a tactical general.  Someone like you would need the guidance of a military leader to succeed in a Capital Flag system.

Well its clear you're just trolling at this point because you can't handle feedback.

Bottom line is that this is a terrible idea that would favor large companies since they would have the resources to defend their capitals with ease while smaller companies wouldn't. It doesn't take a tactical genius to understand that. Sure, if a larger companies capital ever fell they'd lose everything but it would take such a force to make that happen as to be virtually impossible. 

The even bigger problem here too is only 150 people are able to be in a server at a time, so there'll never be enough people able to attack a "capitol" when they most likely have the server on lock down anyways to protect the capitol.

43 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

.....because you can't handle feedback.

There is no feedback here.  My idea is genius, and that's all there is to it.

1 hour ago, iLL said:

The even bigger problem here too is only 150 people are able to be in a server at a time, so there'll never be enough people able to attack a "capitol" when they most likely have the server on lock down anyways to protect the capitol. 

If there's 150 people at the capital (not capitol, as capitol is a building) then that's a bad time to invade.  Need to invade when they don't have so many defenders online.  Could also limit the max size of a company to 75.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

...unless of course you folks like a stagnant boring game then keep it as it is.

I wouldn't even call it a "game" really, more like a pretty chat/social program.

I agree with those that say this won't help stop the mega tribes. The capitol flag would simply be hidden behind tonnes of stone walls and defenses.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

I agree with those that say this won't help stop the mega tribes. The capitol flag would simply be hidden behind tonnes of stone walls and defenses.

What's the name of your company?

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

It's one of the top 10 companies.

Nice, so you're fearful of my idea because your Top 10 company could lose all of its flags if it loses its capital?

3 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Nice, so you're fearful of my idea because your Top 10 company could lose all of its flags if it loses its capital?

No not at all. It won't happen.

This idea should be much more than just a "suggestion" - it should be an EMERGENCY implementation because you have THOUSANDS of players which you will soon never see again that need land.  We need some fuking land!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Bullet Force said:

No not at all. It won't happen.

Well, then I'll keep bringing up the topic every day for the next 3 years.

bump this bad chicken

Keep in mind I'm an Award Winning Mod creator for Civ5, former computer game creator, and hardcore gamer for 30 years.

and I was recognized by PC GAMER for my mod in Civ5.

I've also saved games from extinction who took my advice, and watched those who refused my advice fail miserably and thus joined the graveyard of zero population games.

If Atlas fails to take my advice, it will still cling on to life but only moderately.  Instead of the 250,000 population that it would have with my ideas implemented, it will instead sink to a steady 15,000 max population within a few months.

Just make layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers around the flag and it won't matter lol

20 hours ago, Jack Racham said:

Just make layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers upon layers around the flag and it won't matter lol

sounds like an easy fix to me, what's your IQ?