Kita Kayo

Lawless Island claiming exploit

People have been placing posts every 20-30 feet or so and essentially claiming entire lawless islands or at least a good percentage. On PVE there is no way to counter this. 

Did they finally switch to posts instead of foundations?  Honestly should just make the damn things claimable, it's a better system than the pillar/foundation crap.  Yes I know everyone hates claiming and god forbid someone who happens to like not seeing pillars/foundations everywhere 9/10 blocking resources or spawns.  But you can at least find a good neighbor who will either let you build or sell you a plot.

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Did they finally switch to posts instead of foundations?  Honestly should just make the damn things claimable, it's a better system than the pillar/foundation crap.  Yes I know everyone hates claiming and god forbid someone who happens to like not seeing pillars/foundations everywhere 9/10 blocking resources or spawns.  But you can at least find a good neighbor who will either let you build or sell you a plot.

You do know that a mega tribe would just rolling through, kill everyone, and claim it all right?  Or a few players would just claim everything in sight on pve like they currently do.  That close to a Freeport would be ideal land.

Really don't get people begging for more claimable land.  It will solve nothing.  The problem isn't land it's the claim system.  People need more reasons to use Neutral flags really.

2 hours ago, Kyorin said:

You do know that a mega tribe would just rolling through, kill everyone, and claim it all right?  Or a few players would just claim everything in sight on pve like they currently do.  That close to a Freeport would be ideal land.

Really don't get people begging for more claimable land.  It will solve nothing.  The problem isn't land it's the claim system.  People need more reasons to use Neutral flags really.

At least claims have a timer so a player can't just run around with pre-built pillars effectively instaclaiming huge swathes of land just by walking across them. Granted, that won't help when the person got there hours ahead of anyone else, but it's still better than a pillar race. ...and the solution is the land claim system, or a revised version of it, it could be balanced (off the top of my head, something like claim time = square of current claims would probably go a long way) without introducing weird spam-prevention rules into the building system.

I do this around my base because people build guns next to it and shoot it, easy raiding for sure, if you build a base for few days and one dude is able to get in with just one cannon on a wood platform you improvise.

Edited by Toetje583