Sign in to follow this  
Ravenx

Using Gliders to fly around extremely overweight

eSo people are loading up explosives and gliding around destroying entire brigs/galleons in one fell swoop.  This Is game breaking mechanic and there is no way to defend against someone carrying barrel bombs and doing millions of damage to each ship.  A small group can easily destroy an entire harbors worth of ships in minutes.

Gliders have no reason to be in this game.  There are already means of getting on ships and getting around.  Gliders are a carry over from Ark that do not belong in this game period.

Edited by Ravenx
  • Like 1

I like the gliders but they need to be nerfed.  They should have a far increased degradation in use, shorter possible distance (no pulling up to gain elevation) and should have extreme weight limits on them so you can basically just carry enough gear to be shock troops at best. no carrying tons of explosives and such.

22 hours ago, Ravenx said:

A small group can easily destroy an entire harbors worth of ships in minutes.

Good. Don't mess with small groups. 

The gliders are exceptionally fast, and I know whole companies that use them to fly literally tons of metal across vast distances.  They should be suspended until they are better balanced.  At the very least they need a max weight capacity that could be violated by carrying like 150 units of weight. 

Personally I think the # of times over the max should damage the glider so the flyer plummets to their doom.