Sign in to follow this  
José Gaspar

How long do players sleep?

Will players that quit the game (or not playing on that server) and sleeping in a safe place EVER be deleted?   

This seems to be a fundamental problem with Atlas Land Claiming.  Since you can have a player on every server, If you manage to claim a land space build a small hut and then log off, that area is now un-claimable to the game forever.

This game requires there be some form character deletion for inactive players and companies.   I would suggest no more than month (there may be as the EA has not been out a month)

In PvP there is ways to deal with it, but In PvE the land is not every claimable until the character is removed.

once the ageing system is in place they will age when they sleep, so will be dead within 2-3 month if they really are not playing then it will become claimable at that point ...

4 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Will players that quit the game (or not playing on that server) and sleeping in a safe place EVER be deleted?   

This seems to be a fundamental problem with Atlas Land Claiming.  Since you can have a player on every server, If you manage to claim a land space build a small hut and then log off, that area is now un-claimable to the game forever.

This game requires there be some form character deletion for inactive players and companies.   I would suggest no more than month (there may be as the EA has not been out a month)

In PvP there is ways to deal with it, but In PvE the land is not every claimable until the character is removed.

From my own tribemates I can see it may take 1-2 weeks until the food is low enough for them to starve. 

Release wolfs that only attacks long sleeping players. 

Wolfs is always the answer 😉 

But i agree, it's a long time to wait to be able to claim a players land in PvE

1-2 weeks is a long time? 

If it was your base and you couldn't play due to RL, 1-2 weeks were probably too short.  

• Like 2

One of our players logged out a week ago with full food and water. Yesterday he was at 46 Food and I was force feeding him, to get his food up. So its just roughly calculated. Not sure how low the actual starving process will take. 

25 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

1-2 weeks is a long time? 

If it was your base and you couldn't play due to RL, 1-2 weeks were probably too short.  

Naaw, was thinking about 2-3 months. 🙂 Weeks sounds OK. 

From my personal experience from a new player stand point in PVE, you start the game out (if your a solo player) in a home server.. gathering enough supplies to build a raft (sloop now), a bed, a fire and some storage container. Once you've spent the time doing that you set sail, not really knowing which direction to go but you know you need to find some land that you can starting building your home base or at least a starter point for building bigger boats and learning the game mechanics better.  The problem is that finding space to build on is a issue.. especially for a new player who is trying to survive hunger, ghost ships, dehydration and RL time.  Now once you find a Island, then you have to contend with the creatures of the Island, especially the wolfs and Crocs.. now the crocs can be dealt with on land but in the water you might as well forget about it.. those four legged lizards can climb up on boat and kill you over and over and over again..  If you can make it to land you can run from the crocs and snakes but the over grown dogs will eat you alive in a matter of seconds.   So since you can't sail backwards you try to turn your craft around in panic while your trying to escape and crash into shore, rocks or the ground which is just under the water and now your stuck.. you try going left and right, back and forth just anything you can do get free, well by then you've done damaged your craft and it's now sunk so you have no choice but to go back to your home starting area and start again.. This time around you scan the areas before you start making landfall, you look for the areas that are least populated by the things that can kill you, once you find that you make landfall again, and then the real struggle begins.. trying to find a area to claim that has water access to build a shipyard.. now keep in mind it has to be deep enough that your ship doesn't break apart when you release it from the shipyard.   If you've managed to find all this you've got to be one of the luckiest players around or have a desk job where you can play on your computer all day.. the rest of us have to try and do all this within a four and five hour window after we get home from our job that allows us to pay for the things we like to enjoy.. like this game for example.   So for the amount of time it requires someone to lose their claim as far as I'm concerned if they have more then one claim then they need to log off on the one they want to save,  you can fast travel via beds.. leave your ship at one area your exploring and travel back to your base via death when you go to log for the night or whatever, for those of you who have  multiple areas claimed then a few hour window should be fine that will allow new players or those who are struggling to find a place a chance to start building and enjoying the game as it was intended instead of constantly starting over and trying to find a place that hasn't been claimed.    Keep in mind the frustration a new player will have to deal with and how many will quit because it seems you can't get started in the game..   If you have a area that you've built a base on then I don't mind 3 months for it to become  available to claim as long as you've logged off the game in it..  for other areas a couple hours is plenty of time that can give another person a chance.

I think what a lot of people forget unless there is a good reliable trading system, you need to build outposts on other islands because you can't grow everything everywhere, you can't tame everything everywhere and you can't breed everything everywhere. So having bases scattered on the islands you can do different things on, are needed right now. 

Also if you check the front page, they list the companies with the largest claims on each cluster. The game focusses on how much land you own, how you use it. It's about claiming, contesting and economy. Also in PvE. PvE will be more about the economy side while PvP will be about the contesting, stealing. 

I gave away land to several people who told me they are super motivated to start into the game. What happened, 4 days later they were gone because they didn't play anymore and some toxic dude with racist claim messages took over his place. It made me regret giving land to strangers cause now I have to deal with those people next to me. 

I got a guy who has been aslewp since day 3. He has fulk health and is protected behind stone walls. He left a window open so i can get in there but nothing i can do. 

Claim has been up for days but his sleeper contest it. Seems as if the land is just lost.

46 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

I think what a lot of people forget unless there is a good reliable trading system, you need to build outposts on other islands because you can't grow everything everywhere, you can't tame everything everywhere and you can't breed everything everywhere. So having bases scattered on the islands you can do different things on, are needed right now. 

Also if you check the front page, they list the companies with the largest claims on each cluster. The game focusses on how much land you own, how you use it. It's about claiming, contesting and economy. Also in PvE. PvE will be more about the economy side while PvP will be about the contesting, stealing. 

I gave away land to several people who told me they are super motivated to start into the game. What happened, 4 days later they were gone because they didn't play anymore and some toxic dude with racist claim messages took over his place. It made me regret giving land to strangers cause now I have to deal with those people next to me. 

If you’d like to help me out I would appreciate it, I have no interest in racism, bullying or making someone feel bad, I just want to enjoy the game it is my escape from reality, I don’t want to join large companies or do I have any friends who also play, perhaps I’ll make some along the way but I’m fine being solo as well. You bring up a good point in how the landscape of the game is but at the same time that also enforced my statement as well, if there is nothing but struggles for people trying to start the game and they keep quitting it because they can’t get started then you’ll find yourself owning everything and having nothing because there will be no community to support the game, all the big mmos are constantly trying new ways to keep the players they have and bring in new ones at the same time, Atlas has the potential to be great but not if it fails before it gets started 

3 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

If you’d like to help me out I would appreciate it, I have no interest in racism, bullying or making someone feel bad, I just want to enjoy the game it is my escape from reality, I don’t want to join large companies or do I have any friends who also play, perhaps I’ll make some along the way but I’m fine being solo as well. You bring up a good point in how the landscape of the game is but at the same time that also enforced my statement as well, if there is nothing but struggles for people trying to start the game and they keep quitting it because they can’t get started then you’ll find yourself owning everything and having nothing because there will be no community to support the game, all the big mmos are constantly trying new ways to keep the players they have and bring in new ones at the same time, Atlas has the potential to be great but not if it fails before it gets started 

I put some land on F10 EU PVE on neutral and you can build on it. Not much and the land is not the best but it's not taxed and free. 

I think PVE needs to be renamed to soft PVP. The design of the game and the meaning behind it there will always be player interaction and competition. I come from Paragon on NA PVE. We hold a lot of land and have been in a constant competition since day 1. We have negotiated mergers and forced mergers with us. Now that land can be set to neutral and allow players to build the system seems to be inline with the way the devs have talked about the game. In reality solo players or small tribes will find this game very hard in a number of areas. This is be design as the game wants big groups. 

For those who are looking for claims spend time stealing them if you really want a claim. We spend countless hours searching and stealing claims. Just in the last 2 nights my tribe pulled in 6 claims but took us almost 12 hours. Also start a conversation with tribes who have tons of land. Some will open up the land so you can build. some may even give you land. Anyone who has had a conversation with us we have helped. We have given land, we have helped people steal land, and we have turned people away.  

2 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

I put some land on F10 EU PVE on neutral and you can build on it. Not much and the land is not the best but it's not taxed and free. 

lol, figures, I appreciate the offer and it shows that you do care about the community but I play on a different server... I'm normally at work all day and get home in the evening around 17:00 and try to get on then until about 22:00 EST when I head to bed.  I won some land by contesting it and recreated the character with a different name but same company and I went back to the land and it had glitched to where it showed I still had ownership but I could not access it, I submitted a help ticket but as of yet nothing has come of it.. I tried to contest my own claim.. but it showed someone was sleeping there (crossed swords) but I logged out any way,  when I signed back in the next day I was of course dead and low and behold someone else had ownership of the land then..   I was pissed beyond belief at this point.. I submitted the help ticket before ( well I submitted two help tickets) the new owner had it.. Not sure what transpired there, if it was a dev's friend and they gave the land to them or what but I know that most timers show close to 18000 seconds so there is no way I could have lost the land due to the natural way of taking ownership of land..  I'm trying to make my way back to the land and get some CCC coordinates to give to a help tech, I submitted screenshots but that doesn't seem to be well enough.   

I do thank you though for the offer, it was really kind to say the least.