Glombo

This is a joke that nobody is laughing about

So we are on EU PVE, we tried over and over and over again to see the best in this game but it is not playable at all in this stadium.

Few things that we encountert in over 200 hours of gameplay:

-Players are toxic as hell (i played Ark on Private servers only so never seen this behavior before)

-No Anticheat, No Admins, No Support

-Devs are working on something but we will never know what they are actually doing (missing communication)

-Claim system is a bad joke (in PVE only) its like give the griefers more to do. I Explain: in this toxic environment how do you think the new system will help? Desperate players or companies will grab the first spot they find to build on claimed land (some will spam everything with foundations). The most "Landlords" will raise the highest possible tax. Most of the "Landlords" will not allow to build on their territory, or will let you build and than exclude you from their list.

-Lawless regions are overcrowdet by both, innocent players that want to start and griefers. Most of the islands look like Manhattan (shipyard next to shipyard) 

-People now start spamming the islands with foundations and nobody cares, even after reporting. 

-ressources respawn not being patched. 

-Sotd are now somehow balanced (i know that there was an issue with rapid fire), it is now easy to avoid them or kill them with minimum risk. In the northern grids, somehow nothing changed, we saw about 30 ships in one grid yesterday, most of them over lvl 25. Their loot is a joke, except NPC's.

-tamed animals are worth nothing, tamed Bear lvl 23 makes less dmg than a bow on wild animals. 

-some islands are pure cancer. Saw an island in the desert grids (Lawless) with only predators. Looking at the shore with my 2k resolution monitor i counted: 2 Pigs, 14 Crocs, over 30 vultures, 8 Giant Snakes, 12 Wolfes, 4 Lions, 4 Scorpions, 2 Spiders. All that at one shore.

-Alphas on Lawless islands are way to op and there are way to many

-Serverperformance: We are back at the releasetime only that the serverpopulation decreased from 150 to arround 40. Serverping on EU PVE is almoast everywhere 240 (sometimes with only 15 players). Rubberbanding is back. Fighting against hostile animals or npc's while treasurehunting is impossible.

-No way to protect your ships from beeing sunk by griefers. Yeah we can report them, but why should i report someone when my stuff is allready gone and i know for sure that they where reported by others allready. We managed to protect our "respawnship" by building a box arround it on lawless.

-Shipdecay and Maintanance is out of this world. Skilled it  to the max so far, but we have to login every few hours to refill the ressources box. Released a Galleon today and needed to refill the box after an hour (travelling from one lawless to another to go treasure hunting), after we met not one but 20 cyclones while anchored at a shore, arround 4000 wood, 500 iron, 4000 fibers and 2000 thatch were gone. Wait there was something, ah yeah how do i refill the box when there is no ressources on the islands?

there is a lot more to mention but my fingers are hurting so let me say one last thing.

How would the game look if i started it today the first time?

I would deinstall it after 30 mins

Sorry for my bad english, i am not a native english speaker

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Glombo said:

So we are on EU PVE, we tried over and over and over again to see the best in this game but it is not playable at all in this stadium.

-Players are toxic as hell (i played Ark on Private servers only so never seen this behavior before)

-Devs are working on something but we will never know what they are actually doing (missing communication)

-Claim system is a bad joke (in PVE only) its like give the griefers more to do. I Explain: in this toxic environment how do you think the new system will help? Desperate players or companies will grab the first spot they find to build on claimed land (some will spam everything with foundations). The most "Landlords" will raise the highest possible tax. Most of the "Landlords" will not allow to build on their territory, or will let you build and than exclude you from their list.

-Lawless regions are overcrowdet by both, innocent players that want to start and griefers. Most of the islands look like Manhattan (shipyard next to shipyard) 

-People now start spamming the islands with foundations and nobody cares, even after reporting. 

-Sotd are now somehow balanced (i know that there was an issue with rapid fire), it is now easy to avoid them or kill them with minimum risk. In the northern grids, somehow nothing changed, we saw about 30 ships in one grid yesterday, most of them over lvl 25. Their loot is a joke, except NPC's.

-tamed animals are worth nothing, tamed Bear lvl 23 makes less dmg than a bow on wild animals. 

-some islands are pure cancer. Saw an island in the desert grids (Lawless) with only predators. Looking at the shore with my 2k resolution monitor i counted: 2 Pigs, 14 Crocs, over 30 vultures, 8 Giant Snakes, 12 Wolfes, 4 Lions, 4 Scorpions, 2 Spiders. All that at one shore.

-Serverperformance: We are back at the releasetime only that the serverpopulation decreased from 150 to arround 40. Serverping on EU PVE is almoast everywhere 240 (sometimes with only 15 players). Rubberbanding is back. Fighting against hostile animals or npc's while treasurehunting is impossible.

-No way to protect your ships from beeing sunk by griefers. Yeah we can report them, but why should i report someone when my stuff is allready gone and i know for sure that they where reported by others allready. We managed to protect our "respawnship" by building a box arround it on lawless.

-Shipdecay and Maintanance is out of this world. Skilled it  to the max so far, but we have to login every few hours to refill the ressources box. Released a Galleon today and needed to refill the box after an hour (travelling from one lawless to another to go treasure hunting), after we met not one but 20 cyclones while anchored at a shore, arround 4000 wood, 500 iron, 4000 fibers and 2000 thatch were gone. Wait there was something, ah yeah how do i refill the box when there is no ressources on the islands?

there is a lot more to mention but my fingers are hurting so let me say one last thing.

Have a look at the latest Captain's Log.  Doesn't address everything on your list, but some of it.

You can make the argument that it's EA and devs are patching like mad. Because that's what most of the official ARK server players here in Atlas are going to do. But alot of them have learned to except these flaws in Ark. (And/or exploit them)  But these devs are talking about creating an MMO with 40,000 players on a server and those type of game mechanics are not going to work. Actually I wouldn't own any Ark Dlc if it hadn't been for single player mode or private server hosting. Both of those options are out for this. Private server is a joke for what you get for your money. Best thing devs can do is start communicating. Give us a roadmap. Help us understand where they are going. Might help us understand why some of these mechanics exist (other then it's just an ARK mod and they were carried over in the code). At this point the games reputation is at stake if they don't. And the devs own the player toxicity problem. Was present on ark PVE servers and they did nothing with the game mechanics to fix it

I'm with ya man I really like this game but it's impossible for me to enjoy it with the claim flags and griefers,  me and my buddies went back to empyrion , we loved ark and really like atlas, it just needs a whole lot of work, and I think they are focusing on pvp at the moment

At the moment, the only somewhat guarantee to not meet toxic asshole griefers is to join a whitelist private server. I can take out my ship from the drydock simply becase someone is sinking ships all over the island exploiting the STILL not fixed ship overweighting. Just saw two people sink someone schooner within 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

You can make the argument that it's EA and devs are patching like mad. Because that's what most of the official ARK server players here in Atlas are going to do. But alot of them have learned to except these flaws in Ark. (And/or exploit them)  But these devs are talking about creating an MMO with 40,000 players on a server and those type of game mechanics are not going to work. Actually I wouldn't own any Ark Dlc if it hadn't been for single player mode or private server hosting. Both of those options are out for this. Private server is a joke for what you get for your money. Best thing devs can do is start communicating. Give us a roadmap. Help us understand where they are going. Might help us understand why some of these mechanics exist (other then it's just an ARK mod and they were carried over in the code). At this point the games reputation is at stake if they don't. And the devs own the player toxicity problem. Was present on ark PVE servers and they did nothing with the game mechanics to fix it

Survival, maintenance cost, taming... The game is designed with one objective. Zap Brannigan your way to success.

40% health buff to this and that... 40%!?

You'll get a road map of the games development once a Mod creator makes one. This Dev team doesn't test anything before they put it out. It's not hard to look at numbers and calculate proper percentages. Wild creatures as a whole verses tamed creatures, 40% health buff? The wolves alone hit like a truck. How the fuck does a wild bear at level 1 eat a pack of wolves, but that same bear tamed can't? 40% of 10 is still only 14. Oooo, now the bear can take 1 extra hit. Yeah that's not great patching, that is guess work at best.

Band-aids on bullet holes is not effective way to save a community from death. Speaking of bullet holes, firearms are worthless! In what world does a cannon at any level cost 28 ingots while, a carbine cost 65 to build and 35 to maintain yet the carbine weighs less? Let me answer that for you. They don't test shit! Well no... shit was literally the only thing they did test.

• Like 1

To the OP, join a private server. If you dm me I'll message the one we found which is well run. Its relatively small 6x6 grid, but the infrastructure supporting it is top spec and the admins are super active and very communicative. They've done sensible things like toned down the damage the wild mobs do, not enough to make it boring, but just enough that you don't get ass raped on every beach. And a bunch of other life comfort tweaks.

This was the only way we got to experience this game properly, and actually there is a lot of fun to be had. But not on officials they are utter cancer and we gave up a few weeks back. Strangely PvE official is even worse than the PvP official (we have tried both), which is normally the other way round. Atlas PvE official in its current iteration is aids cancer. And that's the worst kind.

This game right now is doing nothing but promoting hate and bullying. its kinda sick when you think about it. If the devs actually did some stuff like ban accounts that have been busted via screen shot griefing. A little would go a long way to help curb some of it.

9 hours ago, Glombo said:

Come join us on lawless B6. There's room to build and now that they patched the patch we have resources again.

I'd be happy to help you out getting a foothold.

To see it from the perspective of someone who is already settled on an Island and has built up a small community with allys around. 

About 20 times a day some new player enters the square and starts insulting everyone right away before saying anything because most spots are taken and he couldn't find anything. Sorry for not keeping you a spot on one of the best places to settle on weeks after the game was launched. Even if people had spots to give away NOONE would want to have a player like that in their direct neighborhood. Very often it's all about how you talk to people when it comes to what you get back. 

I have seen it twice (before they finally patched the flags) that people made good spots free for new arrivals just to find their own base claimed by those arrivals the next day. Therefore people are less willing to free spots if they have one. (Now the claim flags fixed it, but the trust to let someone on your land, has been gone). 

We put gates around an area that has pure metal spawns, wood and a lot of stone and made it available for the Island Community to farm on. Yet still, people think its totally fine trying to steal that little spot, block all spawns and wanna make the whole island suffer just to place their 2x2 thatch house. Every Island has its own little economy and it just works if everyone takes care of it. People who can't work towards that and keep that running aren't welcome on most of the islands otherwise all islands will look like lawless soon. 

Most people who wanted to be troublemakers on our island didn't last long there, because no one would interact with them anymore. 

So I understand the frustration about all of this, but it's often just about how you talk to people, how you interact. 

53 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

Come join us on lawless B6. There's room to build and now that they patched the patch we have resources again.

I'd be happy to help you out getting a foothold.

Patch a patch... now that is brains right there.