Sign in to follow this  
Chris1

Resources not respawning and other problems

1.The resources are not re-spawning

2. Crazy weather changes are too much. -53 degrees on L11 freezing to death regular this is not the tundra.

buildings stop resources respawning

some buildings have larger radius than other 

foundations at flags steps respawnss and does nothing to stop claims 

Edited by uli

This a massive problem. A single foundation (of even a chest on the ground, w/16 day timer may I add) will stop resource respawn in a large area. So, because of all the scattered single foundations, this means NO ONE CAN BUILD ANYTHING OR EVEN COOK FOOD because once a tree is gone, it's gone.

Also, WTF can't we use coal as fuel?

Edited by Pappy Green
added the coal bit

The buildings stopping spawning is fine... just dont setup on top of things you want to use.  I have moved my building and the resources came back.  Just destroy your jump and move it away from where the resources were.

And it isn't technically coal...coal is mined.

4 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

You do realize there are "coal" rocks you can mine and you get "coal", right?

Are you going to help me move?

I have moved 5 times.  It took me 3 hours to move each time, roughly.  It is challenging but if you want to complain about the loss of a resource node, and you dont want to move, then you have no reason to complain.

And there is coal in game, but it is treated as a rock.  And you cant actually set fire right to raw coal out of the ground.  I grew up in coal country and I have seen a house built completely out of coal.

Have you seen giant snakes with spikey heads in West Virginia? What about 30ft crocs?

This is just a part of my settlement,

https://imgur.com/iYFAPc2

So, do you want to help me move?

Edited by Pappy Green
added more recent picture

all i know is that yesterday it was fine. today nothing respawns even in big open areas with nothing around

Certainly seems like the respawn exclusion zone around foundations is too large. The area we live in is now barren thanks to the surrounding foundation spam... and I'm going to guess the places I was getting metal/gems from isn't going to respawn either since people had built houses right on them.