Autonomous trade

Trade  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need trade?

• Yes
    • No

(sorry for my english)

The idea of autonomous trade.
This is my vision, but please consider it as one of the options.
At the moment, many players have a desire to trade. Someone has metal, someone has spare parts for the ship. These players are ready to exchange, but there is a problem - the lack of an exchange tool.
I see it as a separate building. Something like a bank, only anyone can get into the store and get the goods, giving something in return (players will explore the islands in search of a treasured store). Ideally — gold coins. Players will be able to regulate the market themselves by setting prices for certain goods. It is possible that the market can be only 1 on the island (developers themselves will put it, or the NPC will float), or the market can only be in the port city (there will be a problem of overpopulation of the square). But the most desirable is the opportunity to see what is sold in the adjacent squares and at what price. If you look like it on Eve Online— it will be amazing.

+ worth adding barter. In real time mode, players show goods for exchange and confirm that they agree to a deal. Upon receipt of two confirmations — an exchange occurs.

What do you say?

I kind of like the way it is, sure its risky, but it lets you build trust in people and trade relationships. Made my 1st trade this weekend. 15k thatch for a bear. Loaded it on our schooner, sailed to the guys island, loaded it into their loom on their scooner (unlockable at the time) and when we had all 15k in he unclaimed the bear and we went on our way with it and formed a trade relationship with him. Sure you will get screwed from time to time but the risk is part of the fun. 

I'd like to see player run shops as part of towns/cities, where you have to scale up your claims  and your city officials to achieve it.

Ark has a mod called Auction House that could be adapted for Atlas assuming the mod author would be ok with helping them with that.

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

I'd like to see player run shops as part of towns/cities, where you have to scale up your claims  and your city officials to achieve it.

They could steal some code from Dark and Light to make rent-able shops in freeports.

3 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

They could steal some code from Dark and Light to make rent-able shops in freeports.

Looks like they plan to add player run shops according to the new Captain's log!

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

Looks like they plan to add player run shops according to the new Captain's log!

Time to start saving all my farmed goods.

The current way I trade is that each side drop one "unit" at a time. This obviously only works if you're trading multiple for multiple.

Example, my company bought 5 wheat seeds for 100g. We drop 20g, they drop 1 seed. repeat.

Player shops would be rad, though. NPC shops too.

12 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

The current way I trade is that each side drop one "unit" at a time. This obviously only works if you're trading multiple for multiple.

Example, my company bought 5 wheat seeds for 100g. We drop 20g, they drop 1 seed. repeat.

Player shops would be rad, though. NPC shops too.

5 wheat seeds for 100 gold?

If you're on NA pve, gimme your shopping list.  🙂

40 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

5 wheat seeds for 100 gold?

If you're on NA pve, gimme your shopping list.  🙂

We have like 5000 gold and no wheat within 2 squares. 100 gold was more than worth it.