Sign in to follow this  
Manuelle

Land controled by foundations

I was trying toplace a simple campfire in an island for more than one hour and was imposible, because i was always near a 'enemy' foundation or door.

I was running all time with the campfire or foundation icon to see the 'blue icon' and was impossible to found a place.

I shaw that some companies put foundations by all island in order to control the lands and  other players cannot even put a simple campfire.

I was on a PVE EU Server, and I cannot understand why i cannot place a simple foundation, bed or camp fire to start my game.

I don't think that game is funny, and games has to be for fun.

Hope you do something in that respect as I pay same others to play, and with that way it's impossible to play.

Try a lawless region, there you can build initial ships and tools, then navigate until you find some free place to build you base.

I think he is in a Lawless region. The issue seems to be that some of them are littered with single foundations to prevent people from building nearby. Admittedly I did this a bit when I first started so that I had space to build a base and taming area, but I've seen people place them randomly around islands just as a prevention mechanism.

decay damage is the only way to fix these issues. 

they need to make it so that all buildings deteriorate and require upkeep through npc maintenance like ships.

8 hours ago, Devlin said:

I think he is in a Lawless region. The issue seems to be that some of them are littered with single foundations to prevent people from building nearby. Admittedly I did this a bit when I first started so that I had space to build a base and taming area, but I've seen people place them randomly around islands just as a prevention mechanism.

You are right, that is the point.

We are in a PVE server, therefore no sense to keep land areas covered by that way. I can understand that you need an area, but cover all fkng island with random single foundations can't be a way.

There is people who start palying now, if developers allow to do that, where they new players can go? even they cannot put a single campfire or a bed!

It's not fair and unvalanced way to play, hope they fix that question, or for me as an expample the game is dead untill they wipe the servers.

ark pillars in lawless zones 

claim flags in others it’s all the same except foundations destroy resources 

I don't think they destroy resources in Atlas. At least not based on how many trees are spawning under and beside my foundations.

14 minutes ago, Devlin said:

I don't think they destroy resources in Atlas. At least not based on how many trees are spawning under and beside my foundations.

Not in lawless. On standard claims yes, they destroy resources (which IS a problem when someone decide to build on top of important stuff). 

1 hour ago, uli said:

ark pillars in lawless zones 

claim flags in others it’s all the same except foundations destroy resources 

Claims could be partially solved after next patch - at least i will open my buffer zone for others to settle. I will give them risk assessment (cause I created said buffer to defend myself against overlapping claims) but they will have place to at least build shipyard. 
Hopefully more people will do the same. 

Edit: Actually i would love for claims to finally settle a bit. Imho there is only one other person on the island I am which was there when i started. 

Edited by Elrood

Foundations ruin resources just like ark , so many people trying to get people to leave islands so they can take over and sell the land. Some tribes mostly asian have been walling off whole islands so people cant even set foot on them and you get a steam message will sell you land for real cash./ 2 days in a row they tried with me, got through locked door, emptied craft machines my fault then proceeded to loot all preservation bags of all veggies saved up helping others and for taming. There is a need for a asian server as well another na and eu pve and pvp if peple havent noticed there is alot of people liking the game so the demand is there but.

1. Crafting machines need locks.

2. Number of flags depends on number of tribe.

3. Lockable preservation bins,bag and larder hard to be  able to tame when everything gets stolen. Then they brag what they did in global saying its part of the game using third party programs and selling land for rl cash.

4 minutes ago, Littlelucifer said:

Foundations ruin resources just like ark , so many people trying to get people to leave islands so they can take over and sell the land. Some tribes mostly asian have been walling off whole islands so people cant even set foot on them and you get a steam message will sell you land for real cash./ 2 days in a row they tried with me, got through locked door, emptied craft machines my fault then proceeded to loot all preservation bags of all veggies saved up helping others and for taming. There is a need for a asian server as well another na and eu pve and pvp if peple havent noticed there is alot of people liking the game so the demand is there but.

1. Crafting machines need locks.

2. Number of flags depends on number of tribe.

3. Lockable preservation bins,bag and larder hard to be  able to tame when everything gets stolen. Then they brag what they did in global saying its part of the game using third party programs and selling land for rl cash.

😞 One of dev team (https://steamcommunity.com/id/arkjesse/posthistory/ - here is everythign that person said on steam, I have steam blocked right now so i can't give you exact source) stated that when they fix more pressing issues (imho that person meant crashes, performance and big bugs) they will look into griefers and hackers and start banning people, so maybe we will have some peace in the future. Unfortunately no timeline.